• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

to the devs ; different versions for diff. ages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see this work.
First at all, petitions in Germany rarely become big enough to be actually discussed in the responsible commitee. Even the intoduction of internet-based petitions didn't really change this.
Second, games and gamers do not have a big, strong lobby in Germany - instead, games are often mentioned together with negative incidents, like school shootings, the recent massacre in Norway (n-tv was actually talking about the well-known "killer game" and "ego shooter" World of Warcraft) or studies proving some negative effect of new media (e. g. internet addiction).
I do not see a real chance for a petition/Volksbegehren (oh, and even if we would manage to succesfully bring a Volksbegehren into Bundestag: they can simply dismiss it and there is no way for an ordinary German to create an undismissable Volksentscheid). And most of our political parties are relatively conservative/unknowing when it comes to games or the internet (especcially the SPD and CDU, our biggest parties, which seem to see the internet mostly as some sort of cheap billboard).
Well, the way I see it is that your gouvernment isn

Upvote 0
Please DO NOT talk about things you don't understand. It is easy to get legally around censoring if steams thinks for a minute. You can easilly and legally import uncut versions to Germany and play it uncut, I have done this with L4D2, however sometimes those geniuses at steam decide to cut it even tho there is nothing legally forcing them to do so (RO for example).

Distributing symbols like swastikas in any form in Germany is punishable with up to 3 years (

Reactions: Bone saw
Upvote 0
you could get your laws changed but it might take petitions, electing different officials, demonstrations, etc... there is a way to change such things there always is and always will be.

if you don't have rights then a rebellion always works... Germany allows a bunch of weird **** but not they don't allow blood or gore (stuff like that.)? this baffles me. :)

ps: if you do some reading you'll find out what i mean. don't want to start a political debate here. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: LeopoldStotch
Upvote 0
you could get your laws changed but it might take petitions, electing different officials, demonstrations, etc... there is a way to change such things there always is and always will be.

if you don't have rights then a rebellion always works... Germany allows a bunch of weird **** but not they don't allow blood or gore (stuff like that.)? this baffles me. :)

ps: if you do some reading you'll find out what i mean. don't want to start a political debate here. ;)

Dude how naive are you? Gamers (that play such games) are a minority and have almost no lobby, think about the most moronic laws in your country and try to change them. You also can't vote for someone that doesn't exsist........

People demonstrate against the afghanistan war, most Germans are against it and we are still there. The only baffling thing here is your ignorance on reality.

How long did it take for minorities in the US to get equal rights? And that issue is much more important than having to import games and yet it took centuries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
German here:

I bought a retail version (uncut) of Red ORchestra from the UK when the game came out and for quite a while the game was uncut. But later steam decided to censor the certain things from the game even if you have your steam running on english etc.

German Gamers have no real chance to do anything about the censorship. The whole system in germany is stupid and far from being transparent and it is often illogical. Games like Dead Space 2 who I consider much more violent are not censored on any way and other games who are les violent get censored until there is often not much left of the original game (like bulletstorm). Also it is not like you could actually protest against the current government, because the government itself is not censoring the games it is in fact the USK. When they put a game on their "bad list" it is not allowed to advertise the game or sell it openly in stores etc. That is why some developers choose to cut content from the game. It is often hard to blame developers for that because of course they want to sell their games.

Often german gamers are forced to buy games from the uk or austria, or switzerland where they are not censored. The funny thing is that all the money is going to to the german shops and so germany is also loosing tax money. :)

I can only hope Tripwire is choosing not to censor their game.

Upvote 0
I love the United States and England, but if you live there and got no clue about our laws = SHUT UP

I love forum posts talking about the residence of other posters, but if you got no clue about someone his residence = SHUT UP

or in a more civil way: Worluk is actually a German, and not from the UK or US.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The mainquestion is now:
Will Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad censored with a censored CD-KEY (for example a german one), or will it be censored with the IP?
Nope, main question is still IF there will be changes for certain versions and, if so, what kind of changes.
However, TWI will probably make sure we know it as soon as they know it.

Upvote 0
I love forum posts talking about the residence of other posters, but if you got no clue about someone his residence = SHUT UP

or in a more civil way: Worluk is actually a German, and not from the UK or US.

This was a general statement directed mostly to the gentleman above worluk and others and worluk can be German all he wants, it is still easy to just censor the symbols without touching the gore.

The most vocal people about this issue are funnily enough those who it doesn't concern in the slightest, this is between German players and Steam/Tripwire and no it wont cost billions to find a good solution. Germany is a big market, it is fair to say Tripwire would have gotten a lot less money for all their products without us. That is not to say they should waste money, but the systems have already been done and you have to filter by country anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know they pretend it isn't true or what?

And the US pretend humans don't have naughty bits or what?

Personally, I don't need to see virtual body parts that fall off of virtual bodies, I honestly can say that I've never felt that I missed out on something in RO:Ost.

And one general thing. Whenever there's a discussion about german video game censorship there's always someone who'll say :" They don't allow swastikas because they don't take responsibility for the atrocities they did, and they just want people to forget about it"
Actually, it's the other way around. If you go to school in Germany you'll get a little book for history class called "Tell it to your children" which is about the european holocaust. We've got the Holocaust Remebrance Day on January 27th. Whenever I go shopping in the city, I see these in front of houses where people lived who fell victim to the NSDAP regime.
And yeah, holocaust denial get's you prison. (Which should be the case in any country btw).

Rant over

Upvote 0
Dude how naive are you? Gamers (that play such games) are a minority and have almost no lobby, think about the most moronic laws in your country and try to change them. You also can't vote for someone that doesn't exsist........

People demonstrate against the afghanistan war, most Germans are against it and we are still there. The only baffling thing here is your ignorance on reality.

How long did it take for minorities in the US to get equal rights? And that issue is much more important than having to import games and yet it took centuries.

i knew you were gonna troll my post, i just knew it. :rolleyes: so first off i was posting you have under your laws that you have right to do. (not that it wouldn't take time or that it will be fixed in a day.)

well see from reading it last time a checked Germany was a democracy and democracy you have rights in unlike some other forms of government. you can elect public officials, impeach public officals, write petitions, protest, there are a bunch of stuff you can do. these are all your rights. my point was there are plenty of options under your laws and constitution i assume most of what i said is in there.

as for a lack of public officials to vote for why don't you run for public office. you never know how many people are gonna vote for you. :cool: instead of coming up with reasons why i'm wrong.why don't you get up off your lazy butt and learn to properly read English you missed the whole point of my post. :mad: (as well as that other guys.)

also interesting note for those that think gamers are in the minority or will be for much longer. ;)(thats you) the the average age of gamers. is now 33 years old. now all of the youth has grown up with games you think that gaming is gonna be in the minority for long. (in the scale of things.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes you can.

3547565565_a46f75cfc6.jpg

Upvote 0
i knew you were gonna troll my post, i just knew it. :rolleyes: so first off i was posting you have under your laws that you have right to do. (not that it wouldn't take time or that it will be fixed in a day.)

well see from reading it last time a checked Germany was a democracy and democracy you have rights in unlike some other forms of government. you can elect public officials, impeach public officals, write petitions, protest, there are a bunch of stuff you can do. these are all your rights. my point was there are plenty of options under your laws and constitution i assume most of what i said is in there.

as for a lack of public officials to vote for why don't you run for public office. you never know how many people are gonna vote for you. :cool: instead of coming up with reasons why i'm wrong.why don't you get up off your lazy butt and learn to properly read English you missed the whole point of my post. :mad: (as well as that other guys.)

also interesting note for those that think gamers are in the minority or will be for much longer. ;)(thats you) the the average age of gamers. is now 33 years old. now all of the youth has grown up with games you think that gaming is gonna be in the minority for long. (in the scale of things.)

Yes, let me just go grab my coat so I can run for an office and change law that has a huge support not to mention terrible party behavior lines to keep party member in check but brb.

And I am trolling? Seriously? You are the one with terribad English and then you accuse me of not being able to read. Dude, have you any idea how the real world works? Having rights and being right doesn't mean you will get what you deserve much less what you want no matter how hard you fight for it.
You have absolutely no idea how the real world works, so I hope to God you are just trolling or your just a kid.

Gamers who play "violent" video games are a minority amongst gamers (including casual crap) let alone the entire 83 million Germans.

Yes you can.

Maybe you can't organize the effort, but that's a whole other matter.

You couldn't either because the odds are not realistic for it to be changed in the next 10 years by anyone. Especially since you can get easily around the whole censorship which was the entire point.

Please, all of you trolling here. Tell me where you live and then hope to God it isn't a country I am too familiar with. If it is the US or the UK I will bombard you with issues you apparently have done nothing about (9/11 first responders bill not including cancer anyone?).

Upvote 0
Yes, let me just go grab my coat so I can run for an office and change law that has a huge support not to mention terrible party behavior lines to keep party member in check but brb.

And I am trolling? Seriously? You are the one with terribad English and then you accuse me of not being able to read. Dude, have you any idea how the real world works? Having rights and being right doesn't mean you will get what you deserve much less what you want no matter how hard you fight for it.
You have absolutely no idea how the real world works, so I hope to God you are just trolling or your just a kid.

Gamers who play "violent" video games are a minority amongst gamers (including casual crap) let alone the entire 83 million Germans.

You couldn't either because the odds are not realistic for it to be changed in the next 10 years by anyone. Especially since you can get easily around the whole censorship which was the entire point.

Please, all of you trolling here. Tell me where you live and then hope to God it isn't a country I am too familiar with. If it is the US or the UK I will bombard you with issues you apparently have done nothing about (9/11 first responders bill not including cancer anyone?).

The Netherlands.

List as many issues as you can find, at least my games have (red) blood.

Reactions: Tzako
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.