• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A sad day to to come...

Meltigemini

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Lancaster, California
After Friday, I will not be able to play alongside or talk with you guys for Patty knows how long D: my guess is going to be 12 weeks at least :\ but fear not! I will think fondly of all of you!!

On another note, has anyone else kept in a pent up rage, growing to the eleventh level or aggression, on the fact that the Machete is completely useless? :\ I mean seriously, the only time you need one is if it's second wave on easy :eek: and i can't quite recall but isn't the axe only a small amount more expensive than the Machete? :eek:

I want dual machetes, bring on the sushi chef!!!

I wish you luck. I'll be at benning next summer.

Benning sucks in the summer, did my basic in 03, May-July. It is also incredibly boring. Don't take anything the Drill Sergeants say personally, no matter how good you are, you aren't going to do anything right.

Jackson supposedly has the easiest basic, not that it is hard, just boring as hell. You won't sleep much, either.

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
I was at Benning for a couple months for IMPOC training. Would have been in 88. Army basic is a joke. We'd see people falling out one after the other all of the time. At the start of runs.

Yeah, it's easy. Hardest part was dealing with boredom, and stupid people that you had to listen to just because they were a higher rank.

I ran with A group though, on runs, did my 2 miles mid 12's usually.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm 11X. Its funny you say that, because I heard benning sucks in the winter. Maybe it just sucks in general, hehe.

In my native state of New Jersey, we have probably the best BCT for the coast guard in beautiful cape may, you even get to go to the beach!(for PT) In fact, the rate of reversion is so high, you might even get to stay around longer!

Seriously though, weathers nice year round there.

Upvote 0