• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

US Military

images

LALALALALA, I CANT EAR YOU, LALALALALALA, GO AWAY, LALALALALA, STOP MAKING STUPID SUGGESTIONS THAT EVERYBODY IS SICK AND TIRED OF EARING, LALALALALA...

Upvote 0
The m4 idea is overstated, not the idea of bringing in U.S. units. I feel that people are a bit close minded on these forums. It makes perfect sense for the U.S. to intervene with help, because they have in nearly every major world event since the U.S. was created.

they also intervene in just about every ****ing videogame too....

Upvote 0
I've seen Gibby use the M16 example before a few times... but always with the M203.

Aye, but like this:

images

Not this:

m4_m203_2.jpg

The latter would make me sick everywhere. The former is an older model, not all tacticool and stuff, and with a few little bits here and there, it could easily fit into the gritty survival style that KF was intended for. I don't really support the addition of something like a full-auto M4 because it will be another assault rifle in full auto like the AK, Bullpup, and SCAR. We could have 3-shot bursts and a grenade gun here. Quite nice.

I choose M16 not because I like M16s (which I honestly don't) but I believe that if there's any space to fill in styles of assault rifle, the M16 does it. We could have an AK variant, a FAMAS, or some XM8 variant, each with a nade gun slapped on, but they all look too damn similar to guns we already have. The M16 is quite different to the lot of them, and any demand for some arma-lite crap will likely be fulfilled.

I also don't support Americanising the first game we've had exclusively set in britain for bloody ages, so that's a flat-out "no." HOWEVER, if we're going to include any other nation, think about it:

The French would likely be the first to react in an IRL situation. They're the closest, and britain is connected to them via the chunnel. And throughout history, the french and the british have been known to be, well... completely incompatible, despite being neighbors and being involved with each other in some way (often war) since the beginning of time. Killing Floor is a survival horror game, but it's always had a little bit of comedy squeezed in somewhere (mutant gingerbread men, cockney slang, and trousers, anyone?). An unlikely pairing is the best thing you can possibly slap on to that "comedy formula" if you ask me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-sidesteps the america brit arguement-

Not to highjack but like I said about the diseased island. America wouldn't step in, we would just firebomb it. What maybe should be considered is the surrounding nations interferring, like Ireland trying to take over in the upheaval or germany for that matter, nothing against either of the two countries but I can say from my personal military experience that If i wanted that land, I'd take it during or right after the epidemic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've heard a few things about the 60's M16 with M203s where the M203 was pretty wobbly... so yeah... take what you will from that.

What does that matter, though? It's not like the wobbliness is going to be coded into the game. :confused: KF is not a realism shooter in any way whatsoever, and it makes no sense to take that kind of thing into consideration. Look at the .50cal handguns with 8 rounds in each magazine. It's not true-to-life, but nobody should have to care since KF makes no claims that it is realistic like ArmA or Red Orchestra.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I was going to say that maybe some inaccuracy could be added to the M203 so that demos can't just rely on that weapon entirely instead of the M79. It'd also be kinda cool for the reload to be able to see the slight wobble. Just a minor little thing, but something that would be a bit extra for those who notice it.

Upvote 0
Well I was going to say that maybe some inaccuracy could be added to the M203 so that demos can't just rely on that weapon entirely instead of the M79. It'd also be kinda cool for the reload to be able to see the slight wobble. Just a minor little thing, but something that would be a bit extra for those who notice it.

Oh, that would be pretty good, actually. I mean, the M16+M203 is like a balance between two perks, like a jack of both trades but master of neither. We have a burst-fire function which is kinda outshined by the rest of the assault rifles, and then we have a slightly less accurate nade gun! The main advantage is the fact that you'll never have to switch, both guns are always there.

Upvote 0
Well, I'd say to make a new thread on that idea specifically with some high amounts of detail in it, but then again, there are many threads on the subject. And then again, it'd get lost in the thread you'd try adding it to... so really making a new thread specifically on the weapon might be the only real route to go to.

(aside: I wonder what random little ideas most of the older members here have floating around and just never post..?)

Upvote 0
i want to see in KF something different.
maybe in the future, the US military DLC, but now i think KF need some skin like the last one. awesome DLC. and some different weapons.

i like the M4, and M16+M203 (i use a lot those weapons in ARMA2) but we see those weapons in a lot of video games, and movies.

so i prefer something different.

Upvote 0
-sidesteps the america brit arguement-

Not to highjack but like I said about the diseased island. America wouldn't step in, we would just firebomb it. What maybe should be considered is the surrounding nations interferring, like Ireland trying to take over in the upheaval or germany for that matter, nothing against either of the two countries but I can say from my personal military experience that If i wanted that land, I'd take it during or right after the epidemic.

Well, due to fear and lack of information of the attack, I'd guess that the US would do neither, but rather blockade it, likely with support from the UN. After all, if you don't know what the threat really is, it becomes difficult to choose how to deal with it, and doing basically nothing has traditionally been the easiest course of action here; just keep the island to itself, shoot anyone who tries to leave, and bam, problem solved.

Takeover of the isle itself from an outside power would be unlikely, as they would be afraid it might be an infection, or that it might somehow travel to them. Fear tends to outweigh ambition when the unknown comes into play. However, outside the island, that fear dissapears....for example, North Ireland would soon find itself without UK support, and would fall into chaos as IRA and other groups and perhaps the Irish military itself would all descend on it. Gibraltar would declare independence (and Spain might even try to take it), and any other remaining British holdings would be taken or go independent.
Inside the Quarantine zone, I would guess that various groups would divide the island, and previously regional goverments would become more autonomous (for example, Wales, Isle of Man).

Upvote 0
The m4 idea is overstated, not the idea of bringing in U.S. units. I feel that people are a bit close minded on these forums. It makes perfect sense for the U.S. to intervene with help, because they have in nearly every major world event since the U.S. was created. I think it's more surprising that there isn't a little more U.S. influence in this game.

He threw the gun in as an example, not a "This weapon must be included" kind of thing.

Oh well, to each his own. I've been here long enough to realize that some of the old heads around here think they own the suggestions forums, and that totally poopooing an idea that isn't there own is the only way.

inb4 "It's not worth TWI's time". Because I know that's coming, and you speak for TWI right?

I didn't read underneath this thread but.

If america came to help. I also want some Russians having like their awzm hats and stuff like these:

bigrussianhat.jpg

Srry if anyone finds the tag on the hat offensive but i do not know what it means or anything. (short terms im stupid)

Upvote 0
Well, due to fear and lack of information of the attack, I'd guess that the US would do neither, but rather blockade it, likely with support from the UN. After all, if you don't know what the threat really is, it becomes difficult to choose how to deal with it, and doing basically nothing has traditionally been the easiest course of action here; just keep the island to itself, shoot anyone who tries to leave, and bam, problem solved.

Takeover of the isle itself from an outside power would be unlikely, as they would be afraid it might be an infection, or that it might somehow travel to them. Fear tends to outweigh ambition when the unknown comes into play. However, outside the island, that fear dissapears....for example, North Ireland would soon find itself without UK support, and would fall into chaos as IRA and other groups and perhaps the Irish military itself would all descend on it. Gibraltar would declare independence (and Spain might even try to take it), and any other remaining British holdings would be taken or go independent.
Inside the Quarantine zone, I would guess that various groups would divide the island, and previously regional goverments would become more autonomous (for example, Wales, Isle of Man).

I am not completely in agreement here as I do believe I wasn't declaring my thoughts all the way. Confusion breeds fear, and from fear anything can happen. If there was evidance to say that the nation was being overrun by a noncontagion then why wouldn't they firebomb the threat once it is out control? I can clearly say that even if they feared infection ,ground troops would not be first, but an attack plan would be in place even if it was to save the civilians.

Throught my playing of the game it gives the impression that the government has mostly fallen and it's ragtag groups just trying to survive. If it is already to that point then maybe small scattered evacuations but soon to be a massive strike, civil casualties or not, and with that in mind if it were to come from a close nation like Ireland then it is likely that after the firebombings ground units would enter. Nothing in the killing floor story gives an ending and to say that the UN wouldn't approve bombing is just not thought out well. The UN approves bombing quite often actually, and in the case of possibly stopping something that could engulf entire nations to follow britian I'm more than willing to bet that there would be some explosions going off.

Back to the original point, were another nation to step in and try to rescue survivors it would not be america as the gap between britian and america is a bit too broad, my money is on a close nation like Ireland coming in and if there is no use in saving then why not burn it all and take over?

Upvote 0
GODDAMIT!

some info on the US.
The US had 955 "scout planes where 33% had been to be in the air at all times. and after Barrack obama came to lead. he lowered the scout planes to 25% to save money. but anyways this means that they have over 200 "scout planes" in air at all times around the globe. when I last checked. US had allowense to have their "planes" in 132 diffrent countries were England infact was one of the 20 most visited countries!

and evenso... US is maybe tad slow. but 2 years tad slow? no.

Upvote 0
I have absolutly no idea why people like the US Millitary so much, it's bloody terrible, especialy the Rangers. Even the Greek Army during WWII was better.
And besides, there are only 3 good ARs (the family the M16 and M4 come from): AR10 (because it was made of wood), HK416 and HK417 (because their German and don't jam 99,72423423 % of the time).

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
I was thinking of a new DLC that would cost maybe 5 dollars and it would basically be a weapon pack and character pack all in one. The idea was that the US Military would be stepping in to help with the Horizine outbreak. Maybe the outbreak reached the United States. This would open up a new branch of weapons and characters that could be introduced to the game. Army soldiers for characters and some new weapons like the M4 and such. If this gets positive feedback I might put more thought into it. Leave some suggestions about it. Is it a good idea or bad idea and why.
‪Fat guy falls back‬‏ - YouTube

Upvote 0
LALALALALA, I CANT EAR YOU, LALALALALALA, GO AWAY, LALALALALA, STOP MAKING STUPID SUGGESTIONS THAT EVERYBODY IS SICK AND TIRED OF EARING, LALALALALA...

I have absolutly no idea why people like the US Millitary so much, it's bloody terrible, especialy the Rangers. Even the Greek Army during WWII was better.
And besides, there are only 3 good ARs (the family the M16 and M4 come from): AR10 (because it was made of wood), HK416 and HK417 (because their German and don't jam 99,72423423 % of the time).

FYI, the Greek Army during WWII charged tanks with stake knife. I am not joking

Stake knife? As in tent stakes? Or steak knife, as in beef steak?

FacePalm-1.gif

And

funny-random-pics-71.jpg

I just want some cool new military skins. Regardless of their national origin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0