• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

intro video added to the game for newbies

assfuzz

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
i frequently play on beginner servers from time to time and help some new people out and show them the ropes and offer tips and suggestions. its fun. now what i think would be a good idea is a video offered at either the main menu or in the game setup area or at the tabs on the top when looking for a server.

this video could give a quick and easy explanation of the layout of the game, difficulties, what to do between waves, general tips, quick explanation of the enemies and what waves they show up in different games, general explanation of the perks and their weapons and bonuses. the video could be short and to the point or seperated into a couple smaller and shorter videos.

this can be done quickly and easily without adding too much additional space to the install as well(less than 100mb if done right). a single person could do it in less than a week and maybe get it into the game bug free in the same timeframe.

this idea could also get new people into the fray and up to speed much quicker. most of the people i help have been playing beginner servers for months and still dont know basic things about enemies and how to kill them or even know how to change their perk mid game.

not everyone goes on the forums or looks up tips or guides. who knows maybe this could fix the new players joining hell on earth servers dying and giving up on the game issue. also lets face it lots of people are either stupid or oblivious but they are potential customers. keeping them in the game can spark additional DLC purchases and increased revenue.

So, what would you like to be added/replaced/deleted to/from the weapon stats?

I'm thinking a numerical damage, HS mult, RPM, and cost. The whole range stat given is... quite useless for the most part.
personally i would like to see damage per round, rounds per mag, recoil level maybe 1-10, total number of mags, and addons like flashlights or laser sights, fire rate, accuracy, cost. and of course have your perk discounts and benefits added to the list either additionally or instead of the regular stats. like maybe dmg-65 and for a lvl 6 it would say 65(105) i just picked a couple numbers btw.

short and sweet is all thats needed.

Reactions: HalfDemon and Aze
Upvote 0
I'm betting this isn't as easy as it sounds. It'd have to be relatively short and to the point. Maybe someone with a Youtube account could throw one together, as a quick demonstration.

Yeah, I can see it now.
"Play normal mode for a challenge as a new player", a small key map with the important stuff like movement, quick heal, weapon switching, and a note on how to use tools. A bunch of random tips from the loading menu would work too - aim for the head, big scary monsters require awesome big guns, etc.

Actually it sounds fun to do a small intro on KF, if only I could record sound, and had more than 10fps with fraps running.

Upvote 0