• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Box or Steam

Box or Steam

• the box from the shop, if available in the local store

Votes: 50 20.3%
  • the box version, even if I have to order it online

Votes: 51 20.7%
  • Steam

Votes: 145 58.9%

• Total voters
So far I've been ready to get it from Steam... but now, when to think of it, this is the first game I'm actually following untill it's released and of course after. I started DOD back in 2004, wasn't new then. And RO around 2009. Nowhere near new. So I need to check the local stores just to make sure someone will have it on the 30th and do it old school way just to make that day even more memorable :p

Tell you what... I'll check around on release day early morning/afternoon if I don't find it then eventually I'll get via Steam later on that night once I get home.

What about pre-checking? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Especially with Steam games, I think it's a much better option to buy full price games in physical form. Why? Well, for starters, if your internet connection decides to fail, isn't that fast, or the Steam servers mess up (which happens pretty frequently), you're out of luck when it comes to downloading/updating the game.

With a boxed version, you get the benefit of a faster install off of the disc right from the get go, AND with Steam titles you get all of the same benefits people who buy it digitally get (auto updates, complete Steam support, etc).

My opinion has always been that if I'm paying full price for a game, I definitely want the disc, box, manual (in printed form), etc so I get the most for my dollar. Digital Steam games that are asking for a full price (like $49.99 or whatever) are delivering the same game, with the same Steam benefits as their boxed counterparts -- so if there's no box, printing, disc, or physical distribution costs for the digital game, why are they asking full price? You're paying more when you should be paying less, and that doesn't make alot of sense to me.

I've bought many games digitally over Steam but only ones that were heavily discounted as a part of Steam sales where it was too good of a value to pass up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0