• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The retailer thread

LeopoldStotch

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
So I moved to the new place earlier this week, and we share one DSL 1000 line with 6 people.
Which pretty much puts steam out of the equation right off the bat.
Additionally to that, there are no videogame stores nearby.

Do we know of any german/austrian online retail sellers that will reliably deliver the game on day one?

hey i am from germany to ;)

I think you should wait and see if amazon will sell it (wich i think) they always did great job with my halo addiction (2 times i had the game 1 day before release and the other time on release day)

hm... other than that gamesonly did a great job for my gears of war 2

i will buy it on steam first and then in near future a boxed version so i dont know but you should check amazon i think, good luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I moved to the new place earlier this week, and we share one DSL 1000 line with 6 people.
Which pretty much puts steam out of the equation right off the bat.
Additionally to that, there are no videogame stores nearby.

Do we know of any german/austrian online retail sellers that will reliably deliver the game on day one?

Steam is coming out with a scheduler/throttle control sooner or later if that helps. So you could possibly preload the game over several days and nights long term.

Though if this steam update will be available before August 30th is anyone's guess.

Steam update news.

Upvote 0
Steam is coming out with a scheduler/throttle control sooner or later if that helps. So you could possibly preload the game over several days and nights long term.

Though if this steam update will be available before August 30th is anyone's guess.

Steam update news.
Not just the service should be available beofer August 30th for it to be on time, but the option to preload it would have to be (a lot) earlier aswell.

The absolute maximum I can get are 120kb/s downspeed when I am the only one (out of 6) using it.

Upvote 0
Not just the service should be available beofer August 30th for it to be on time, but the option to preload it would have to be (a lot) earlier aswell.

The absolute maximum I can get are 120kb/s downspeed when I am the only one (out of 6) using it.

That isn't bad at all, I use a cellphone for my internet, and while I've been known to get 160kbs, but my latency never drops below 120, the best I get on RO1 is 160ms though.

120kbs will download 8gbs in a day at most, its not ideal... but its possible if you aren't able to find a retailer, which I hope isn't the case. Poor internet sucks...

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That isn't bad at all, I use a cellphone for my internet, and while I've been known to get 160kbs, but my latency never drops below 120, the best I get on RO1 is 160ms though.

120kbs will download 8gbs in a day at most, its not ideal... but its possible if you aren't able to find a retailer, which I hope isn't the case. Poor internet sucks...

Spoiler!

I find it a bit pathetic that I'm stuck with DSL 2000 in one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world

Upvote 0
doesnt matter where to buy the game as a german, we (germans) will get it censored from steam-plattform due to the german ip....
so dont order us-versions for big money

German version won't be censored I've heard.

And I got most people here beat, I live in the middle of Florida USA, and I get 1/2 speed dial up. Basically I use my phone's 3G internet (which shouldn't be available either) to wi fi to my PC.

But as they say... a double negative is a positive... or something. :(

Upvote 0
I'm also from germany.
I think the german version will be censored! I think in RO2 will be much gore. Like in RO1.
RO1 was censored in germany. So I'm going to pre-order it from gameware.at.
They are pretty good. If it is really uncensored, then I'm going to get it from Amazon.de.

EDIT: Yes.. 45€ isn't a good price..hm.. but I think they'll fix it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What Stores are selling RO2 in the UK

What Stores are selling RO2 in the UK

Ok So I went to check the two main Game stores here that is GAME and Gamestation. Neither have Heroes of Stalingrad in. Where can I buy RO2 in the UK? I don't really want to buy it off Steam because knowing the big first day rush that will happen it will take around 36 hours to install.

Reactions: Matkailija
Upvote 0