• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Common fail tactics people need to stop doing -_-

smokeythebear

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
Some things I hear too often over VOIP that people need to stop doing...

1. Everyone get behind the tank! It's mobile cover!

Tanks stand out on the battlefield and enemies will always be aware of where they are, especially if they are moving right at them. They become a magnet for enemy gunners and grenades. Also friendly tanks movement wont be predictable and people will usually end up being run over.

2. What is our idiot sniper doing!?

If you have a any kind of rifle you can use it to the same effect as a sniper rifle. Seriously a bad sniper is in no way sabotaging the team. Just practice with a bolt or a semi and you will be picking off mgs just as easily even at long range.

3. We need our tank to charge into the capzone!

Tanks are much more effective staying back and killing/denying enemies in a large area. Having a tank rush forward just limits it's usefulness and exposes it to enemies anti tank weapons. Only if time is about to run out with one objective left should a tank be used for capping.

4. My teamate is in melee with an enemy! Perfect time for grenades or poorly aimed bullet hose!

Unforgivable.

I have seen these two work on the berlin map in Darkest Hour. Especially the last one on the final bridge. Sure, they are easy targets there but most of the times the Americans win that map it's cause of a successful tank charge.

Upvote 0

It's a useful tactic for narrow street maps like Berlin/Kriegstadt and Gorlitz, but not for Arad and Ogledow.

Depending on the map the most important task of a sniper is kill the enemy sniper, and that is almost impossible with a regular rifle.

Terrible tactic for an urban map, but useful for a large field map like Arad and Ogledow.

4. My teamate is in melee with an enemy! Perfect time for grenades or poorly aimed bullet hose!

Unforgivable indeed :D

Upvote 0
I have seen these two work on the berlin map in Darkest Hour. Especially the last one on the final bridge. Sure, they are easy targets there but most of the times the Americans win that map it's cause of a successful tank charge.

kriegstadt I agree it can make sense considering how narrow the bridge is, how little cover is available and how deadly the modded mg42s are. I have a screenshot I cant find right now but it has 15 people crowded behind the tank ready to go.

Terrible tactic for an urban map, but useful for a large field map like Arad and Ogledow.

I meant CA arms maps where there are 1-2 tanks per team. On ogledow and arad the best use of the PZIV's is exactly for that.

Upvote 0
Depending on the map the most important task of a sniper is kill the enemy sniper, and that is almost impossible with a regular rifle.

Did u already play in a well skilled clan match ?
U will then see the priority of a sniper is to kill the mgs THEN the sniper if he finds him.
And Snipers have a key role in a battle. They have to focus on mgs and enemy snipers. To protect a capzone a good sniper/rifleman would kill the Squad Leader/Commander instead of the regular soldier next to him...
So yes, sometimes, on some maps, the sniper has a real important role in the battle.

Reactions: MooseVenom
Upvote 0
Did u already play in a well skilled clan match ?
U will then see the priority of a sniper is to kill the mgs THEN the sniper if he finds him.
And Snipers have a key role in a battle. They have to focus on mgs and enemy snipers. To protect a capzone a good sniper/rifleman would kill the Squad Leader/Commander instead of the regular soldier next to him...
So yes, sometimes, on some maps, the sniper has a real important role in the battle.
Well, he was saying the contrary, not me :D

Upvote 0
How about the inconsiderate teammate who moves into your spot (behind a log, window or wall - getting closely in front of you or alongside of you and begins firing away?? Thus making your otherwise unknown position highly noticed and visible! :IS2:

Even worse is people on hull mgs of tanks. In the right hands it can be so powerful and yet people that hop in my tank usually spray into the sky, tk teamates or shoot enemy tanks just to let them know where we are.

I'm glad they fixed this in RO2.

Reactions: Karabiner98k
Upvote 0
fuuuuuuuuu.jpg

Upvote 0
I always considered the worst one to be when someone crawls underneath you when you're crouched behind a wall, sending you flying into the air and into any bullets that happens to pass by. Many, many words have been said against such inconsiderate people. To be fair though, that has more to do with buggy game mechanics and the stupidity of some people than a particular tactic.

Number 4 is certainly up there though. On some occasions, I've even been stabbed by teammates trying to "help".

Upvote 0
the only one i agree with is that an idiot sniper doesn't ruin the game we all have to learn somehow and that attitude i call ban from my server attitude if they keep it up. if i had one. :p

the rest of this is pretty much utter rubbish. all of these tatics are realistic and can be very smart tatics. i hope to god this is suppose to be a joke. judging by the bayonet at the end. :D

Upvote 0
Failtactics!

1. Shooting out windows at 90 degrees from the forward wall at an enemy coming right at you. HURPING THE DERP. Not only are you framed like a picture portrait in an obvious spot, your very large field of view virtually assures yourself of being shot at from an angle you can't watch. A better use of a window is to either stand back and away from the window, or shoot from one corner of the window or the other at less than 45 degrees from the wall. This keeps your field of vision a narrow slice that fires on an advancing enemy flank and protects you from observation and fire from the main enemy body.

2. So there's you, a small bit of prone cover, and the enemy. You put yourself slightly to the side of the cover and shoot straight at them, then shortly thereafter die. That's because you used FAILTACTICS! Stay behind the rock completely so that enemy fire from their main body cannot hit you, then shoot at angles off the rock at one or two enemies at a time as they advance around the rock. With a teammate, you can cover his blind spot and vice versa. Most level designers don't know about this and make their foxholes and bunkers facing the enemy, much to my sadness.

Upvote 0