• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How many weapons should we be able to carry around?

C

crazyquick

In the past we were only allowed one main gun ( rifle smg or mg,) and a side arm, and like grenades. But Will it be the same in this game? Or are we going to carry more than one main gun and then a side arm? What do you guys think? Do you want it to remain as it was, and would you be upset if we were able to carry more than one main gun?

It has been confirmed you can carry many weapons and theres a weight system in place.

From the fact thread:

Weight System: The player can carry multiple weapons as well as grenades, but has a maximum allowed weight and will slow down as they carry more. (Source: Ramm-Jaeger on IRC)

Upvote 0
I hope we don't see people running around with a scoped Mosin, an AVT-40, and a PPSH-41.

I would have preferred it to be left like RO1.

Lol,

You're overreacting a slight amount here.

This will just mean that if you have a pistol and less grenades, you'll have a higher sprint speed than someone with 2 main weapons (if that's possible in Ro2) and a full grenade/equipment count.

Upvote 0
As long as it is clumsy to have more than one "main weapon", I'm super happy with the ability to carry more.

I'd suggest that a fair balance for having 2 main weapons, would be to significantly increase weapon switching times (say double) and increase mantling time/decrease sprint speed, but for side arms and grenades just increase mantling times and reduce stamina.

Reactions: fredkruge
Upvote 0
Lol one of my first goals in RO2 is to scavenge for as many pistols as possible so that I can run around shooting people with a Nagant revolver, a Walther P38, C96, and a TT33 ...

I'm not saying that's possible -- just that it would be hilarious and amazingly awesome.

Upvote 0
I really just want the ability to pick an smg, clear out a room... dump it and go back to my rifle.

I'm sure twi will balance it all fine. slower swap times, less ammo(more ammo instead of another gun?), speed and stamina changes.

I would hope that a pistol would still have fast swap times and not impact your abilities, like an smg for example. This way they would still be special as a second weapon.

Upvote 0
Lol,

You're overreacting a slight amount here.

This will just mean that if you have a pistol and less grenades, you'll have a higher sprint speed than someone with 2 main weapons (if that's possible in Ro2) and a full grenade/equipment count.

Hardly. If you can carry more than two primary weapons, it will be rather silly. IMO it will change the gameplay a lot by unbalancing the classes. And yes, you can carry a rifle and SMG in RO2.

If the weapon switching times are realistic and not near instant it would be ok. The issue is that from what we have seen so far it seems rather fast.

I'm sure twi will balance it all fine. slower swap times, less ammo(more ammo instead of another gun?), speed and stamina changes.

If they implement the part in bold I would be satisfied.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hope we can carry more than one type of grenade now... :D

Yeh DH has it so you can carry 2 Frags and 2 smokes.

Hopefully in RO2 you can carry Frags, smokes and Anti tank grenades.

What i would like to see is a higher limit of grenades that you carry with to what you spawn with. SO you spawn with 2 grenades but you can carry up to 6 maybe? from looting.

Upvote 0