• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Volvo's Overseas Delivery Program

Floyd

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
My sister came to visit this weekend in her new Volvo. A few years ago, she and her boyfriend were rear ended one Saturday morning by a drunk driver. My sister escaped with minor injuries, however her boyfriend was not so lucky. He survived but is still learning how to walk. When they buy a car now, safety is their number one concern....But I digress....

She told me of Volvo's Overseas Delivery program. You basically go to your Volvo dealer and 'build' your car. Then Volvo will fly two persons roundtrip (at Volvo's expense) to Gothenburg, Sweden to the factory to pick up their cars. You can drive them around for as long as you like, sight-see other Scandanavian countries or roam Europe, do whatever. You just return your car to a designated drop-off point and they will ship it to the US (and take care of the legal crap) and fly you back. You get hotel discounts, tour of the factory, etc.

And it doesn't cost you anymore than if you buy the car off the lot...:cool:

My sister and her boyfriend (with all his problems) went for two weeks. Like I (of course), she grew up in Europe and is well traveled. When she tells me that she absolutely loved Sweden and the Swedish people, I have to believe her. Now she's got me thinking seriously about buying a Volvo just so I can visit Sweden on the cheap......:cool:

Here's a link to the program if anyone is interested:
[URL]http://www.volvocars.com/us/sales-services/sales/volvo_overseas_delivery/Pages/default.aspx[/URL]

Last edited:
Thats pretty cool. I guess Volvo is putting the max effort in to the market in the US. Must be very expensive for them, the cost of shipping a car overseas...

Just wondering, always in US movies people seem to have a really casual view on drunk driving, they just go for a "few drinks" then drive home, no worries. Is the attitude changing in any way, that drunk driving is never, ever, an option, and even 1 beer is enough? It seems now the attitude is, if you don't get caught or crash it doesn't matter...

Upvote 0
They closed that deal about a year ago.

With the US printing $$$ as fast as the presses will allow, dollar in the tank and the US about to default, it might actually be cheaper than advertising....:cool:

RE: drunk driving in the US.

Though a lot depends upon the particular state you live in, sadly its the same old same old. If you make it home without getting caught, most consider it no harm no foul. If you get caught and lose your license, no big deal. You just drive without one. Get caught without one enough times and you might do some jail time, but usually they slap you on the wrist and tell you not to do it again.

So you've hit the nail on the head. "It seems now the attitude is, if you don't get caught or crash it doesn't matter... "

Upvote 0
They closed that deal about a year ago.

With the US printing $$$ as fast as the presses will allow, dollar in the tank and the US about to default, it might actually be cheaper than advertising....:cool:

RE: drunk driving in the US.

Though a lot depends upon the particular state you live in, sadly its the same old same old. If you make it home without getting caught, most consider it no harm no foul. If you get caught and lose your license, no big deal. You just drive without one. Get caught without one enough times and you might do some jail time, but usually they slap you on the wrist and tell you not to do it again.

So you've hit the nail on the head. "It seems now the attitude is, if you don't get caught or crash it doesn't matter... "

Bah, if we crash and get killed, our parents can just make another one. No biggie. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0