• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

querying master server/cannot connect to newsfeed

If it can neither connect to the news server or the master server then more than likely something is refusing Killing Floor access to the internet, such as a firewall or some other network filtering. Check that the game is allowed through any security programs you have.

Also you can try using the Steam server browser to see if that brings back servers, and whether you can connect through that.

Upvote 0
The answer I came up with is:

Make sure "127.0.0.1 localhost" is the first entry in your hosts file, OR it has no entries.

What I found was happening when i hosted a Listen server & procmon.exe'd it was...

For Example: HOSTS file has www.microsoft.com mapped to 127.0.0.1 and was the first entry.
KF Server would then talk to itself by using www.microsoft.com:7707
Which to me means its using "localhost" as I'd expect, but by resolving names it's confusing itself.
Once I had changed that it then resolved 127.0.0.1 as my computer name and worked.

Upvote 0