• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Alliance the Silent war

Colt .45 killer

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2006
Tada!

Ok so there are actually three previous threads about this game, all from 2006 when the game was put on hold in order for the development team to work for second life.

However as of just recently, they are back.

News info : http://www.alliancethegame.com/donate.php

Their website is still up and running, following that link up there will let you read around a bit and find out what the game is all about.

Also reading that news/donate page, it looks like they are looking for a publisher for their game, wink wink nudge nudge. Alliance is definitely a game that would be up the alley of most RO esque players, and is something worth looking into.

I cant wait to see where this project goes however its not likely going anywhere fast as the entire project needs an update from its 2006 state.

I remember looking at this years ago. I recall there were some gameplay videos. If I am not mistaken, in one the player picks up a dead body, uses it as a human shield while using an Uzi. :p

Edit: Yes, it is the game I was thinking of. Nice concept, but they need to work on the movement and whatnot. Graphics are fine IMO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This used to be one of my most hotly anticipated games when it was first announced. My gaming life was shattered when I heard they were canning the project!

They are right -- the gaming landscape has truly changed completely since that happened. Steam and other outlets have made digital distribution totally viable without a publisher, so this a good time for them to revive the project.

Besides, no other game has attempted to do what they originally wanted to accomplish in their original game. I think there is still a large demand for the kind of game they want to make.

Upvote 0
How does this differ from Insmod, looks pretty similar to me. INS started out good but turned into a noisy hell of server mods and cheaters.

It is very different. This is supposed to feature conflicts and weapons from the Russian Revolution until modern times. The plan was to be able to have 1945 Russia be able to fight 2006 era Russia, ect.

Upvote 0
So are they relying totally on donations to fund development? If so, then I don't think they will ever succeed. The game was very cool back and in the day and I was dissapointed when they cancelled it. I'm not holding my breathe though even after hearing this news.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah 100 years of war.

I remember the picking up the body thing, I think I recall there being different settings for realism ( similar to ROHOS relaxed / full realism ) that stuff was only available on lowest settings.

The game was WAY ahead of its time, those GFX versus bf2. Things like adjustable sights, were in the game, something thats really only coming out now in ROHOS. The game also featured penetration & lots of other stuff that triggered the 'kid in candy shop giddyness' in most gamers

edit:

I think they are offering to take donations to help with getting the game back up & going, they just spent the last few years developing for Second life, so they should have some $ from that.

Upvote 0
Was very excited about this back in 2006. However coming back and saying "pls donate" is not exactly a way to get me interested in the game again.

did you read the link?

That was not ( atleast to me ) a donation grab. I'm happy to see something is going on the game again. It's an outside of the mainstream garbage product, and on principle I am more interested in products like these that innovate...

Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0
did you read the link?

That was not ( atleast to me ) a donation grab. I'm happy to see something is going on the game again. It's an outside of the mainstream garbage product, and on principle I am more interested in products like these that innovate...
Certainly, I didn't think it sounded like a money grab either. Any team has the right to ask for donations.

Let's hope they can pull it off!

Upvote 0