• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is there a chance for people that didn't liked RO1 gonna like RO2?

Arent they supposed to be playing COD right now?
images

Upvote 0
the game is gonna be much more accessible, so yes, why not.

Tbh, i'm more worried about people who liked ro1 not liking ro2.

+1.

TBH, I'm worried for those people that that won't, cause It seems those who won't like the new things take the whole thing way too seriously.

I'm sorry but this statement is ignorant beyond belief. Instead of acknowledging different taste and standards, you go full out and simply attack those people and state that there "is something wrong with them".

It's just like saying "omg you take beer too seriously...bud light is fine", or "omg you take books far too seriously... Twilight is fine". Everybody has different tastes, but don't attack somebody simply because he has higher/different standards than yourself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The game will bring in lots and lots of new players, clans and gaming groups simply because it is far more accessible and will be fully supported way after release (unlike many other fps titles).

As with any game it will be personal choice that determines purchase but I think ROHoS will offer serious gamers some real depth and longevity if they choose to buy.

I believe this game will finally silence all those who sneer "niche appeal" at the RO franchise because after ROHoS their will be nothing "niche" about playing RO.:D

Upvote 0
The idea that there is a chance that RO players won't like HOS is important to consider because if it wasn't for the dedicated players, RO would have died long ago.

We can only wait and see what the differences will be between RO and HOS. Despite the criticism, I want HOS to succeed. You see, I've been playing RO exclusively for years.

That said, it is important to note that (according to what I've read) a number of the things that kept this RO player in the mix are threatened:

RO: Heroes defined by their actions
HOS: Heroes defined by time playing

RO: Logical inspection of one's playing style to improve
HOS: Leveling

RO: Fog of War
HOS: HUD radars

RO: Situational Awarenes
HOS: GERMANS ARE ATTACKING EAST PARK

RO: Teamwork and combat awareness
HOS: Peripheral movement indicators

Etc.

It certainly seems that a great number of features that may have illustrated the ability of the common man to be heroic have been neglected for features that attract buyers. This risk is compounded by adding ahistoric game aids.

Watering down the RO experience may very well attract players from other games. An unintended consequence may be that it will alienate the people who played RO because it wasn't watered down.

The other game players will move on to the next hot game like they always do. What may be left in their wake is a fragmented remnant of today's community.

We can only trust, wait, and see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's faster-paced, has a proper tutorial with a firing range, has a standard death-match mode, level progression as another carrot on a stick and will have the main mods out of the box day 1.

Sure, why not.

I hope its not faster paced then RO1, if anything it should be slower.

Upvote 0
Many people didn't like the clunky avatar movement in RO1.

RO2's avatar is much smoother. Most people will like it I'm sure.

Tbh RO2's avatar is just quicker, not smoother. Player can now aim, change weapon, run etc faster.

I totally agree with Fedorov post. TWI wants to make a game for arcade and casual players, but they still will prefer CoD or BF over RO.

Upvote 0
TWI wants to make a game for arcade and casual players, but they still will prefer CoD or BF over RO.

No we don't. We wan't to make a more accessible title that more people can enjoy with a wide range of options. There is little to nothing arcade or casual about it. It just isn't only a hardcore only title with a learning cliff.

Upvote 0
Yet another "twi is the enemy that is trying to turn their game into a cod clone" thread.

I'm so tired of coming to these forums expecting quality posts that give me information and food for thought, and instead i get promising threads that degenerate into whine fests that tripwire is sabotaging their own game by making it unrealistic/unauthentic at every turn.

Not only is it not true, but damn those comments a persistent around here.

Upvote 0