• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Mac Issues - Please Help

NotMatt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 10, 2011
So after hearing rave reviews I decided to download Killing Floor in the Steam sales. Been really looking forward to playing it and from what I've seen it definitely seems like a game I've been missing out on.

I'm using a MacBook Pro so first time I went to play it I adjust the display settings naturally. I set it to 1680 res (the res of my machine) and set all other graphical options to their highest. I'd been playing Amnesia just before on it's highest settings without issue. I went to start a Solo match to get a feel for the game and it seemed to be taking (what I presumed) was an abnormally long time to load. I could still adjust brightness etc, but without any motion on the loading screen I was hesitant that maybe my computer wasn't up the task. So I force quit the application. Opening it again I turned down the settings to Higher (I believe) but once the game loaded it was unplayable and the hud and menus and such just kept flickering on and off. I quit again and steam also but the graphics card seemed to be locking up. Every few minutes it would freeze up and windows would start patching all over the screen.

Since then I have restarted my computer and everything seems fine. Amnesia will still play on its highest settings no problem, but trying Killing Floor again I can get into a solo match and play it just fine without any issues, but when I die it then goes to load the next map and as soon as I click ready the game quits entirely. I deleted the local content via Steam and have just reinstalled it. I played through a game just fine before all the way to the boss, but still the same issue occurs when it loads the next round.

I also notice that the Killing Screen background has been missing from the loading screens ever since that first Force Quit.

Please help me. I confess as a Mac user (been one all my life) I'm a little confused when it comes to issues like this, but with the exception of compatibility issues this is the first problem I've ever had with a game on this computer.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
ROM Revision: 3560
gMux Version: 1.9.21
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 288 MB

As far as the KF version info goes I am unsure, but I bought it along with the DLC back and redownloaded it today. I am also quite new to Steam so keep that in mind.

Sorry if this all a rather newbish info, just please don't tell me I killed the graphics card!

BTW: IF you can recommend the optimum (maximum) display settings for my set up it would be appreciated

A good check to see if somehow you have corrupt files is to delete the system folder (or the game), change your download location in steam and verify the cache (or redownload).

See if that clears up the problem. If not please post your log after the next crash.

Sorry for the delayed reply Yoshiro, I haven't had a chance to play in a while but tried again today.

I did delete the game (through Steam) and redownloaded it, but was still experiencing the same issue. Although I didn't change the download location?

I don't actually get a crash log when it quits as far as I can tell. Is there an easy way to check?

Would really love for the game to just run smoothly. I really do like the concept and execution.

Upvote 0