• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Alien Assualt - A RO2 Mini Mod

HeadClot

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 2, 2010
Utah, United States
Alien Assault

A Red Orchestra 2 Mini mod based on US Soil during an Alien invasion of Earth

What is Alien Assault?
Alien Assault is a game of mankinds resistance of an alien invasion of Earth. The Aim of Alien Assault is to be a Multi player Mini Mod for Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad.

05:29:45 Mountain War Time
July 16th 1945 Trinity Test Site, New Mexico

First Contact Lost

The First Nuclear Device in the history of man is detonated.

During the detonation a alien scout craft was in decent towards the detonation site. The resulting EMP disabled all systems on board and the ship was sent plummeting towards the earth. Resulting in the scouts death.

Time Unknown
July 4th 1947 Roswell, New Mexico

The Invasion Begins

When the first alien space craft landed near outskirts of Roswell, New Mexico their goals were to probe the area, gather tissue sample of the local population, and test the defenses of earth. Stiff Resistance would soon emerge from the local citizens as well as the military that would soon arrive.

Julius Robert Oppenheimer talking about both the Trinity Detonation and the First contact years later.

YouTube - ‪J. Robert Oppenheimer, "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."‬‏

We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.

Last edited:
Content Section

Please note that I am trying to get "WIP/Prototypes" of the models into UDK ATM.

Here are some renders of the UFO that will act as ground attack for "Invasion Force Zeta"

Please note that it is UV Mapped but NOT Animated or Rigged.

UFO_Top.png

UFO_angle_topleft.png

UFO_angle_bottom_left.png

Please note that this is a HEAVY WIP. Be Gentle :)

Please note that I am making absolute basics - So nothing Extremely detailed.
Mapping is my real Strength not 3D modeling in 3ds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sounds like a good idea and it would be fun to play. There would be some issues though. Will you be able to play as an alien? Would you as a human be able to pick up alien weaponry? Will alien weaponry be balanced with human weaponry?

Alien Weapons will be balanced with the human weapons.

As for Playing as a Alien or human - Yes you can play as both in versus.

As a human you cannot get access to the Alien weapons in "normal" Combat maps. There is a group that I am debating on adding into the game just for that purpose.

Majestic 12

It is basically Majestic agents start out with reversed engineered alien weapons. But they are not as powerful as the "Originals" due to human engineering and understanding.

always good to see new mods.

Indeed it is :)

I also have some Updates to share so stay tuned :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0