• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam pre-order

TR00P3R_C

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
England
Right well instead of this being a thread about whether we will be getting a pre-order button to press soon i would like to enquire about whether if i pre-order ROHOS once it's available will i get ROOST free with the pre-order?

I've had my eye on this game for a while but i have not played the first in the series and am just wondering if i should hold out for a free game or give TWI some money and get a spare copy if a free copy is included with the preorder (i've noticed in the past that this has occurred quite often with steam pre-orders :p)

Thanks even if nobody can give me any news on this front :)

As far as I am aware we are not planning on giving RO 1 away for free with RO 2 (This is subject to change at any time without warning). But we may at some point decide to offer a package deal of RO or all of Tripwire titles.

Most of RO/TWI fans have already RO or Killing floor. So we would prefer to get access as soon as possible at the beta or to get a 10% discount. :D

Otherwise, what could be an interesting marketing tool is to provide a pass with the pre order that we could use to give it to a special friend. With this pass, the friend could have access to the first private free week end that could be launch earlier than usually. It could be done the first or the secund weekend after the release date.

Most of the services/products that pretend to offer a really qualitative content are using this king of launch with private invitation (Gmail, Nespresso, Google+, and more). So the people invited think that they are unique and they are member of this private club and that they are considerated as a VIP.
This king of launch have to be prepared far away before because you do not have to have server or bug problem on this free week end. This is really difficult to have all perfect as close of the release date. That's why a larger closed beta have to be done to test servers whith huge amount of players. :D

I hope this could help you for your launch.
PS : And sorry for my english, I am a french frog. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am waiting myself to see Steam finally have the option to Pre-Order the game. I am glad you posted a question about here before me, because if I would have asked, my thread would have been closed.

Yeah it had bugged me for a while but i finally managed to find the confidence to create my own topic and get the question answered :p

Upvote 0
Could that theoretical pack include the Ball and Dwarfs?

That's a good idea, I'll give you that.

However, it's been four years, I Faw Down.

Four years.

Every time, you thought you could escape.

Xgen, yeah, I remember that.

Two years later, I'm playing Empires, and I met you again. You promptly ignored me and disconnected.

Two years after that, in Fistful of Frags, I found you on a six person server.

Of the millions of people that could have been in that server with me, it was you.

And now, he we are again, in another completely unrelated place, having a discussion again.

It's a sign.

Marry me.

Upvote 0
It's a sign.

Marry me.

CheckYesNo.jpg

Upvote 0
Right well instead of this being a thread about whether we will be getting a pre-order button to press soon i would like to enquire about whether if i pre-order ROHOS once it's available will i get ROOST free with the pre-order?

What are you talking about? ROHOS is already available :cool:

HOS1.jpg

Spoiler!

Upvote 0