• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Commandos: the most useless perk ever?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLALALALALALALALALALALOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
HAHAHAHAHAHAHJAJAJAJAJAJAI'MNOTEVENSOUTHAMERICAN
ROFLROFLROFL

Sorry for that, but for God's sake... I...I lost my train of thought. Oh yeah, they can kill individual specimens at around the same rate, but please, show me a Commando that can get rid of 60 6 man HoE gorefasts in 10 seconds without A) dying, or B) the use of grenades. Also, don't come at me with that wasting ammo bull, the Firebug's weapons are so darn cheap that you can stockpile them like there's no tomorrow. In fact, I think the only TRUE advantage Commandos have is the ability to headshot, and you know what, that may be enough, seeing as you can spray a Scar mag and a few bullets from the AK to a scrake's face to bring him down. (Also take note that Support can do that better.)

Well, if I was trying to prove you to be an idiot, this post would have been all I needed to do so.

1. The cost of ammo is not the issue, it's the consumption during the round. The Firebug can kill stuff, but he is just wasting ammo doing it, especially on Sui and HoE. If you are focusing on just killing specimens as a Firebug, you are doing it wrong.

2. You can't stockpile ammo, you can only carry a limited amount.

3. You won't take down 60 6-man HoE Gorefasts as a lone Firebug without burning through more than half, if not all your flamethrower ammo. I also doubt you would be successful, even if fully stocked. I challenge you to prove me wrong with a video.

4. Commando and Support shouldn't be taking out Scrakes or Fleshpounds. Sharpshooters or Berserkers should be the ones dealing with the Scrake's and Fleshpounds, and to a lesser extent, Demoman for Fleshpounds. If your team is in a bad enough situation, then everyone else should gang up on these specimen. Unless it's a 6-man Support team, Support's role is taking out the smaller specimen, like the Commando.

5. The Commando has a much higher ammo capacity than the Firebug, has an overall higher DPS and total damage potential, has a MUCH faster reload, can see Specimen health, can see cloaked Specimen, and has grenades that actually cause explosive damage. Commando > Firebug.

6. Do you actually play HoE?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The 60 6manHoE gorefast argument is stupid.

Commando/sharp are actually the best suited for killing gorefasts imo, because their body HP is so high for a speciment that spawns in high numbers, classes that focus on single shot kills to the head are ideal... I think it would be pretty easy to deal with 60 gorefasts with an AK or scar, provided they weren't cutting you off but thats also possible.

I'd much rather be a commando than any other class vs a large number of gorefasts, save for zerker obviously because nothing is a threat there

Upvote 0
no one class is ment to handle EVERYTHING at least not without extreme skill, tactics or tricks.

people go forward too much with the idea they have to do 100% damage to get as many kills as possible, instead of watching eachothers backs and working to their perks str.

go play with a group that has 2 demo's that are trigger happy then see how useful being a commando is. People underestimate the Power of being able to know where Specimens are even when you cant see them and knowing when they are going to drop or rage.

Upvote 0
In HoE too its ez to conserve ammo with commando especially with your teamates there, just ogtta pay attention to the life bars and aim for the heads dont shoot at a zed ur teammate is goin to kill i see supports waste there ammo in HoE on 1-2 clots with no head, or a commando spraying down a mod of clots and crawlers and the support wasting his ammo blowing them away when they wouldve died anyways, also supports yes they are good for trash but their main role is to destroy anything that gets in your face, supports dont carry enough shotgun ammo to slaughter trash like a commando will

Upvote 0