• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Did They Ever Fix It?

Can you elaborate?

Are you talking about the laser? If you can't see the dot, make sure "Projectors" are enabled in your settings. And make sure you've toggled it on with the alt-fire key.

Are you talking about the iron sights? They're not very good (IMO) but I don't think they're broken.

Upvote 0
Well, I haven't explicitly tested it myself (I rarely play Sharp Shooter), but by all accounts the reason the M14 iron-sights feel weird to use is because they aren't centered; the bullet actually fires slightly to the left.

AFAIK it hasn't been fixed. But to be honest, I wouldn't expect it to happen any time soon, since TWI are busy working on RO2. Although I wonder if there's any modders who have looked at this issue, it seems like something that would be quite simple (but time consuming) to correct, presumably you would just have to tweak the position and orientation of the view model. Although the laser sight might complicate things if it's linked to a weapon bone as opposed to the camera.

Upvote 0
sounds like you are one of the guys who never got the 20 m14 headshots using laser dot? :p

either way. the perk is nerfed alot. if u are a really old player.

And yeah you gotta be out of practice. even the perk has is a litle harder to use now then before. it's still not "super hard" i'm easily getting 20-30 straight headshots with the m14 without a single miss. or using the sights. so it should be all fine and easily surviving solo hard/suicidal using the m14.

I have to be honest and say that the m14 is harder to aim than like the LAR. so it should use some more practice but the reason for that is the recoil and rapid fire. and by no scoping the M14 is shorter and more "stump" ending to the gun than the LAR. so it is harder to see where your in middle screen aimpoint is!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sounds like you are one of the guys who never got the 20 m14 headshots using laser dot? :p

either way. the perk is nerfed alot. if u are a really old player.

And yeah you gotta be out of practice. even the perk has is a litle harder to use now then before. it's still not "super hard" i'm easily getting 20-30 straight headshots with the m14 without a single miss. or using the sights. so it should be all fine and easily surviving solo hard/suicidal using the m14.

I have to be honest and say that the m14 is harder to aim than like the LAR. so it should use some more practice but the reason for that is the recoil and rapid fire. and by no scoping the M14 is shorter and more "stump" ending to the gun than the LAR. so it is harder to see where your in middle screen aimpoint is!

It's fine so long as I wait a bit between shots. What I'm saying is, If I try to gun down a fleshpound, I get slaughtered every time. It looks like I'm still hitting decently on smaller zeds but I can't tell if the ironsights are still off center or not.

Upvote 0
I tested the M14 a few times, and have actually experienced shots pulling to the left, but it must've fixed quite a while ago without an announcement. Unless I'm totally wrong and am able to hit things now without compensating for some obscure reason. Try it again on clots - you can aim juuuust on the left side of their skull and still hit 'em.

Upvote 0
Well, someone just told me that the ironsights have been fixed but that there is a bit of code that makes rapid fire shooting inaccurate. That would explain why I'm getting my *** handed to me by Scrakes and Fleshpounds as I have a tendency to double tap. Can anyone verify that?

Upvote 0
The M14 is much more accurate than people give it credit for. I think the reason people think it is inaccurate is because the laser is slightly off (not the irons in my experience).

Also you can fire as fast as you want with each bullet going exactly where it is aimed. The only reason it would miss is if you weren't aiming where you thought you were.

But if you have been gone for a while, then there are some changes to the M14. Firerate has been reduced, body shot damage is abysmal, and the ammo amount has been halved. Despite that it still rapes everything in the right hands.

Upvote 0