• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My thread which you should read and not flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest concern is acctually to let players customize their avatar. With unique characters respawning will feel like people are just resurrected which must kill immersion a lot.

Anyway, Tripwire are doing what they have to do. For the people not liking the mainstream features it is basically just a matter of disabling it from the server settings. If that's not enough to please the realism fans I bet we will see realism mods shortly after release. No need to worry.

Upvote 0
At the end of the day...

YOU CAN TURN IT OFF OR MOD IT OUT

simples.jpg

Time and time again, TW have stressed how mod tools are avaliable at release, and you can do WHATEVER you want, take weapons out, add more in! who knows! Even the server options will allow you to change whats in the game.

Upvote 0
The only thing I'm worried about is for pub games and servers.
Problem with saying "you can always mod it out" ( whatever you're referring to ) is that hardcore realism players who can fill by themselves a server will say in the end : " ok we deactivate this and this "

Problem for a lonely player who is not such a big fan of heroes weapons / customization / blabla will just have to play on pub servers and will have to follow the trend.

This is already the case for RO1 since most of the servers where ppl are actually playing are dictating their choices ( Danzig 24/7, poor maps ... )

But I guess this is something that you have to go through as it's better to have more players.

Upvote 0
The only thing I'm worried about is for pub games and servers.
Problem with saying "you can always mod it out" ( whatever you're referring to ) is that hardcore realism players who can fill by themselves a server will say in the end : " ok we deactivate this and this "

Problem for a lonely player who is not such a big fan of heroes weapons / customization / blabla will just have to play on pub servers and will have to follow the trend.

This is already the case for RO1 since most of the servers where ppl are actually playing are dictating their choices ( Danzig 24/7, poor maps ... )

But I guess this is something that you have to go through as it's better to have more players.

I have been a pub player (freelancer, whatever you call it) since my clan stopped doing matches in CS:S. I have always been able to play with settings I like (when there are actually server options in the game).

Now you actually created a problem and it's solution is already in your own post..
The pub player doesn't have the funds or motivation to lease a server for his own settings. While Realism units and clans have. So join a unit or clan's server. It is actually that simple (at least that's what I always did). Or do you want to argue that no clan ever has a public server?
Just wait until the game is released, when you cannot find a server suitable for your game style by then, then you can complain (I have no idea to whom, because making something optional is the holy grail in my eyes)

BTW, maybe everybody hates the new weapons and every server will have them disabled. Do you hear anybody whine "Why the option, we want new weapons. I am a pub player and all servers will have the cool weapons off"
The fact is, you don't know and you will not know until release. This is almost a perfect undiscussable discussion.

Upvote 0
Look guys, I've been around this forums a long time. I love TWI and I love RO, as I do this community. I hate to be THAT guy who makes this post, but I've had concerns about a few things that I've been scared to post about, in fear of my reputation being tarnished. I don't want to hold back any more. So I'm just going to get it out here and say it!!! (I'm a homosexual... j/k lulz that's not it silly!)

The whole persistent stat tracking, ranking up system, unlocking weapons, unlocking different ammo types, unlocking different gun attachments, and the like kind of have me worried. I wouldn't say worried, since I don't think this franchise is going down the drain or anything, it's just that... like...well, errrr COME ON SON. I mean guys, let's think about this. Of course this is TWI's way of trying to get new players, and make it more accessible. A respectable goal of course. We all like to get paper, be it slinging crack to kids, selling bootleg dvd's or maybe you are the type of person who makes your game more accessible in the hopes of getting more people to play aka buying it aka MOAR MONEY. THE THING ABOUT ALL THIS IS... is that I think the core fan base, as in the people have stuck by for just about evar to support this game, aren't really into that type of madness. Not only that, but the people who will be playing this game in a 3 years form now won't be the ones who got it because AW MAN DUDE YOU I LIKE, GET A BAYONET ON MAH MKB42 BRO. Instead they will be the guys who bought the game, be it new comers or old timers, because it is a realistic and fun game, and provides a unique experience. After all, where else can you blow the head of of a Nazi, AND a Commie in the same round? Damn hippies they are. That said, some of the stuff being added is pretty peculiar. It's like a punk guy hanging out with my daughter. They don't belong together. What it all comes down to, is in a few years from now when most of the baggage of the community has moved on to other things, and it is just us bros being bros together in RO2, we will be the ones who were ticked off by this crap, and continue to be pissed off by it.

Now I know what a lot of you are thinking, this guy is obviously a jack *** and also doesn't know what he's talking about and is wrong. And I have this to say!!! I DO know what I'm talking about! Take that society.

COMMENCE THE HATE.

They're making the game a little easier to learn for new players, which is something RO definitely needed. It almost drove me away with how difficult it was when I first began playing.

Pretty sure veteran weapons unlock on a per-game basis, as in you won't reach veteran status and carry that around on every server, or else everyone would be a veteran before too long. More than likely, as you play through a round or the campaign, you become a veteran, and when the server switches over to a new map or resets the campaign, everyone spawns as a fresh-faced grunt.

And the hippy and punk rocker statements sound really juvenile man.

Upvote 0
I didn't read the whole thread, which is probably a good thing.

All this about how long people have been here and who will be the ones to stay means nothing to me here. Just because you've joined the forums recently doesn't mean you haven't been playing RO for years.

I did however notice someone mentioning some concerns about the cover system.

Go play fear 3. It's got the same type of cover system as ro2, probably not as good, but it's an early glance at what you should expect.

It works quite well and the people who actually use it are the ones who use it right. And in the end it gives a bit of an edge to the people who take full advantage. Whether that is a good or bad thing.

I bet even the cover system can be disabled in server side options though.

Edit: The way i understand the veteran system is veteran does not = hero.

A hero and veteran are two different things. Your character builds a veteran status as they "level up". and is consistent as you play through any server that has standard ro2 level up system enabled. Hero status is issued per map, i would believe and the weapons would come with it.

Veteran=consistent
Hero=temporary

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.