• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why so much arguing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, why do you want things like that in the game?

Do you have a weird fetish for people with over the top make-up who wield Belgian LMGs?

Well if they are adding MkB42 and dual mag MP40 i think it would be all the same if they add clowns and new cool weapons.

It is quite pointless discussing with you if you seriously compare RO2 with Call of Duty and clowns.
Makes you wonder who really is the clown here.

Im a clown, no doubt about it, but i didnt compare RO2 with COD, im just saying this is Red Orchestra (inb4 sparta) Community, a bunch of military enthusiasts who could tell you the penetration of a ZiS-2 against a Panthers Frontal armour at a 70 degrees and not bat an eyelid. I would never compare COD with RO2.

So, a German model with a balclava headwrap which does look awfully similair to the ones posted above and could easily just be a mistake by the modeler who assumed it was balclava and an MkB 42 which was admittedly almost certainly not at Stalingrad, which TWI recognizes and says "**** it, whatevs, it's a cool gun which had a tinnnnny possibility of being present" (because seriosuly, since when has RO ever been 100% historically accurate?)

No, RO is not the brightest light in history of realism gaming, but it should be.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Well if they are adding MkB42 and dual mag MP40 i think it would be all the same if they add clowns and new cool weapons.

Im a clown, no doubt about it, but i didnt compare RO2 with COD, im just saying this is Red Orchestra (inb4 sparta) Community, a bunch of military enthusiasts who could tell you the penetration of a ZiS-2 against a Panthers Frontal armour at a 70 degrees and not bat an eyelid. I would never compare COD with RO2.

Ro never claimed to be an extreme game when it comes to realism, it's always been realistic and authentic while keeping the fun of gameplay and immersion, instead of going down the path of a pure simulation. RO still is the most realistic ww2 fps game out there, Ro2 is looking to become even more realistic if thats the way you choose to play it.

Another thing.. games can be realistic but lack in authenticity, these very few "rare" weapons introduced is in no way comparable to a few clowns and they do not jeopardies the realistic handling of the game at all. Even if you in some weird sense feel they do, you can still disabled them which have been mentioned for about 100x times, which again renders your whole rant void.

No, RO is not the brightest light in history of realism gaming, but it should be.

I think you've got it slightly wrong, RO sure as hell is the brightest light we've got, it's the brightest light in half a decade for PC gaming. That being said, this game has got a lot of attention in everything from realism and sim communities to modding and esport communities for its wide range of support by the developers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ro never claimed to be an extreme game when it comes to realism, it's always been realistic and authentic while keeping the fun of gameplay and immersion, instead of going down the path of a pure simulation. RO still is the most realistic ww2 fps game out there, Ro2 is looking to become even more realistic if thats the way you choose to play it.

Another thing.. games can be realistic but lack in authenticity, these very few "rare" weapons introduced is in no way comparable to a few clowns and they do not jeopardies the realistic handling of the game at all. Even if you in some weird sense feel they do, you can still disabled them which have been mentioned for about 100x times, which again renders your whole rant void.

I still dont understand how stupid unrealistic guns can improve gameplay of a game which is suppose to be realistic.

Also hero uniform look absolutely ridiculous, i though they are going to be raggedy *** mother****ers, i guess i was wrong.

Upvote 0
Oh ffs Hannula, just leave it be. Point out the gripes you have with the game in a friendly and respectable way and everything is fine. BUT STOP WHINING ABOUT IT CONTINUOUSLY!

Here's what you should do:

Take one or two hours of your time to create a new thread and write a well thought out post about how you feel about the weapons, models and direction that HoS is taking, post about why you don't like it, why in your opinion the ability of switching it off server-side is not enough and what TWI should change in order to make you fully enjoy the game.
Of course this would have to be quite a long post, along with references of how you feel the German/Soviet models should look like, etc; so be prepared to spend a couple of hours. Also, use a spell-checker and use proper grammar and punctuation.

As long as you don't do that, STOP WHINING ABOUT IT!

Last edited:
Reactions: doomis and Floyd
Upvote 0
As we weren't actually there any of us - how do we know that this isn't how some wore it - christ if it was that cold makes sense to cover mouth and nose - seems a real possiblity to me

So unless there's actaul proof that no one wore it this way - think we just let it go TBH.

Or those that dont want let it go get the modding kit and change it to what they think on their servers.

either way it's not worth everyone getting into bitter rows over

Upvote 0
I still dont understand how stupid unrealistic guns can improve gameplay of a game which is suppose to be realistic.

The fact that they may never have been in Stalingrad does not mean that TWI will not implement their use in an accurate fashion. I personally would rather not see them in the game either, but I also understand that TWI is in the business to make money on their games and hopefully continue doing that. Part of that requires them to appeal to a larger audience than just the realism crowd.

By appealing to a larger audience, it brings in more players, the game becomes more well known, it allows TWI to make money and continue making games that we are more likely to enjoy (Lets face it, most other companies certainly aren't). It brings in more talent for the modding community who are more likely to mod for larger groups of people. It will add to the longevity of the game which will mean more players and more populated servers over a number of years.

And of course, you set the options to not use these weapons or other perks in servers just allows for more choice for different types of players. I mean I wish the players that wanted to play more realistic WW2 games were in the majority, but they just aren't.

Just to add to something, for those players who fear after a few months there won't be any realism servers and only 24/7 Danzig type ones, then two things. The game most likely failed miserably, but the other would be that there just aren't enough realism minded players to begin with. If the second point is correct, then why should TWI cater to just the few players interested in strict realism when the majority of the crowd isn't that nitpicky?

The fact is, they are in the game and won't be removed. If they bother you that much, you can either play on servers with them turned off; I'm sure I will be on those at least some of the time, or perhaps pick up another new WW2 Shooter which will be more to your liking for realism. Those choices of course being "????", "Huh?", and "Whatsitcalled?"

And the nitpicking on the way the German's face is covered? WOW, yeah that just ruins the whole concept of gaming as I know it. I might as well drop my whole PC in the trash :rolleyes:

^^^ Alot of the above said with some jest :D

Upvote 0
Of course i only care about my own play-style! I don't want new players from COD or BF to destroy this great community we have

So - people beating each other (and us) to death in a whiny, childish fashion is helping to maintain this community?

The game is what you make of it.

Absolutely. Thank you.

It should also be added to the general topic here that "realism" is a damned subjective word....

Yes, like it or not, different things matter to different people. At the end of the day, the most important thing to us is how the weapons perform, what tactics it generates and the immersion it generates. The bolt-counting sometimes goes off the deep end - and that just makes us laugh at it and ignore it, so it doesn't achieve anything with us. For instance - I notice no-one moaning about the dress tabs on the Red Army soldiers, in place of the muted ones...

Right - let us get this quite clear: The RO community is NOT just "a bunch of military enthusiasts". It has some of those, it has those who have actually served - and it is actually a collection of people who like a particular GAME.

On a side note: most of them THINK they know how a ZiS-2 performs, because they have seen one table in a book by Steven Zaloga. They have no concept of the fact that such things are NOT absolute, they are probabistic. Some - a very few (Jeff, Amizaur where are you these days?) - have a really good, deep understanding of it. Many don't, even though they are quite sure they do. I've been known to get into arguments with those guys - but those arguments are essentially CONstructive in the end.

And just to remind people: you are getting your knickers in a twist over a PR shot. Dear gods...

Don't stir the ****-storm.

Agreed. Having just done it myself. Stop stirring the pot. Firstly, it isn''t going to make any difference to what we do, especially at this late stage. Secondly - if you don't like it, you can easily undo it yourselves, if it really turns out to matter that much to you - when you are actually playing the game and not just looking at a PR shot!

So, can everyone please stop the insane flaming and driveling on?

Upvote 0
Wilsonam said:
So - people beating each other (and us) to death in a whiny, childish fashion is helping to maintain this community?

I find it constructive, i read every reply and i am trying to understand other peoples point of views, i guess ill have to head to other forums as this one cant stand any discussions in fear of getting trolled or something.

And i still dont get how adding unrealistic weapons improve gameplay or make it more interesting.

Video games are childish. Problem?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
after thought:
Juschkat ... nice uniform :D
Thanks, Im glad you're sensible unlike some in here that I shall not mention. I also have 3 other tunic types.

It still doesn't really change the fact it is possible to setup touge in such manner that it will look like a ski\facemask, even though the bigger problem (hypothetically) is the relation of model and touge as there's no friction, gravity, heat expansion, streching or any other kind of physical effects modelled, hence it looks like it's "glued" onto it, hence more like a proper mask.

If you look carefully at that "swat-ninja" picture on the right side of the face (left from "his" point of view) you can see a clear gap in there unlike the picture of yours.
I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you on this one. IMO I think they could have modeled it better or just modeled it normally, that is where the togue is just on the sides of his face like in my first picture. I'm not an expert on modeling so I can't say one way or another.

heady89, I'm not just picking on you here, but others as well. I don't understand how "gamers" think that getting the bloody uniform correct is going to ruin the game. It's not just the "mask" I'm talking about either. Again if they got it right, we wouldn't say anything and you guys wouldn't know the difference... both sides then are happy. Yes there is modding, but I for one don't know how to model as I have previously stated, that's why I'm bringing this to TWI's attention.

Here is how a "beginning hero's" uniform could/should look like. The Iron cross 2nd class ribbon would always be worn on the 2nd button hole, without the medal. All other medals would be worn on the LEFT top pocket, excluding the knights cross and close combat clasp. The close combat clasp (in bronze, silver, or gold depending on "hero" status or in reality how many days of close combat a soldier has seen) would be worn right above the left top pocket, similar to where the breast eagle is on the right side. Medals would not be worn in such fashion as the winter German hero. The medals were always worn only on the soldiers tunic, not mantel or parka. I'm guessing that would take away from the German heroes look in winter.

Also note that this tunic is a M41... it has an extra button than the M40 tunics which TWI has modeled very nicely.

EDIT:
For instance - I notice no-one moaning about the dress tabs on the Red Army soldiers, in place of the muted ones...

If I knew Russian uniforms you bet I would say something.

And just to remind people: you are getting your knickers in a twist over a PR shot. Dear gods...

I have also noted that this is one PR shot. As I have previously stated. I am only showing you what I know to be true. Hell, that soldier might not even be in the game... but if he isn't then I wouldn't have released that picture... then again I don't work for TWI so I can't say much... You guys do what you need to do. I think regardless of my concerns you guys have done an excellent job. I am done here.

Attachments

• tunic.jpg
    tunic.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
heady89, I'm not just picking on you here, but others as well. I don't understand how "gamers" think that getting the bloody uniform correct is going to ruin the game.

I'm not picking on you at all tbh, i'm all for getting stuff right, authentic but what i am saying is that it -> won't <- ruin the game if some things are off neither will it ruin the realism with heroes, mkb42s and avts especially not since you can tick them off by a simple server option. My main point was to argument against folks like Hannu who still don't seem to welcome the idea that folks can now play with their own preferences and settings instead of forcing one single play-style.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.