• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Soviet mp's for German soldiers?

Soviet mp's for German soldiers?

• Total voters
YES to ppsh for germans.

wikipedia said:
The PPSh was popular in the German army as well, and captured examples were frequently used.
Because of the dimensional similarities between the Soviet 7.62x25mm and the German 7.63x25mm cartridge,
the PPSh could fire either cartridge, and was thus easily supplied with ammunition.
In fact so many were captured that it became the second-most-common smg used by German forces.

Its sad to see a intelligent and well researched suggestion gets negative rating by some douchebags. :(
Just take 10 seconds to google german ppsh and you will find tons of evidence to confirm that its a valid request.
The germans captured ~100.000 ppsh during the first months in russia, so we are talking not about a few hundreds captured weapons, but a hundred thousend!!! It was even converted to 9mm. Many german soldiers got the ppsh as their issued weapon.

So we should include the ppsh for germans, maybe only the german 9mm version, or limited for heroes.

There is only one Eastern Front game, lets not make it more unrealistic than it currently is.

NOT including it would be more unrealistic... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not being implemented (as far as we've been told), pretty sure we've already had this discussion. I'll try and find the official post about it.

Mods/Muts/Mappers can do as they please and customise loadouts but vanilla will only have respective combatants spawning with their own default loadouts.

Edit - OK so I found the post - was in the loadouts thread
No - spawn loadouts will reflect "normal" battlefield issue, not what the player can scrounge. So, if you want to stop and pillage some dead body out in the open, that is up to you!

But in the context of the thread it is possible he wasn't referring to spawning with enemy weapons...

Last edited:
Reactions: fredkruge
Upvote 0
It's not being implemented (as far as we've been told), pretty sure we've already had this discussion. I'll try and find the official post about it.

Mods/Muts/Mappers can do as they please and customise loadouts but vanilla will only have respective combatants spawning with their own default loadouts.

Since it is not implemented anyway.

Let's encourage mappers and modders to do it:cool:

Upvote 0
I think it would be nice if German heroes could use the PPSH-41. It would make sense, since I am sure a lot of the PPSH used by Germans where picked off of dead Russian soldiers. A hero/veteran would have had the opportunity to kill Russian solders in the past which is why they would have PPSH-41s. Makes enough sense gameplay and realism wise.

With the new encumberance system, you'll also be glad to hear that you can now keep your mp40 when you pick up your ppsh.

Happy days.

I am not sure I like this idea. It is realistic as you can find many pics with soldiers carrying two long guns in WWII. As long as the switch times are realistic and take at least as long as they do in ArmA 2 then that is ok. If they are instant like most shooters then I would not like this feature.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felix Ostheim
Upvote 0
It would be nice to get a MP41(r) as a weapon choosable by veterans and/or heroes (if those were available during the Stalingrad campaign - if not, MP717(r) would be the way to go). However, given the remaining time until release, it would be somewhat unrealistic to hope for it being in the release version of HoS. It would be a nice addition to a future (free) DLC/expansion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felix Ostheim
Upvote 0