• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

will there be any new video footage soon ?

dgeesi0

Jul 1, 2011
hi all , been interested in the game for a while but not seen anything much of great interest lately as in video footage which i find strange .

seeing as the game is out within weeks is there any chance of some decent quality multiplayer footage ?

so wanting this game to be great but with how games companies have peed on people with recent titles i am wary of buying new games without at least something decent to have a look at what im buying first.

hi all , been interested in the game for a while but not seen anything much of great interest lately as in video footage which i find strange .

seeing as the game is out within weeks is there any chance of some decent quality multiplayer footage ?

so wanting this game to be great but with how games companies have peed on people with recent titles i am wary of buying new games without at least something decent to have a look at what im buying first.

They are busy with the F&F beta and the media will increase shortly afaik, so a little patience wil be rewarded my friend;)
You are not the only one looking forward to see some mp gameplay:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I hope they release some bad *** footage to "WOW :O" the cod & battlefield people :)

and well, im also really exited to see some myself!

You can't out wow BF3 video footage, have you seen it? BF3 even has suppression and Bipod deployment now, so the casual gamer won't really care about the differences in video footage. Plus that 9 min tank battle video was just insane. The only thing I see wowing people will be the detailed tank combat footage.
Even the first person cover won't wow many people outside the hardcore market.

I love RO2 but I'm putting it bluntly.

Upvote 0
Worst marketing ever. CoD and BF will release two months after HoS, and those already have more quality content to show and advertise. TW wants to open for ordinary gamers and its really great. But those people choosing games by shiny trailers, screens, and daily great news on the main gaming sites.Yes, yes, TW is a small company with less money to advertise and more things to work on, and so on... But nine new screenshots in the last 3 months, 60 days befor the game release? Dude, seriously? Nine screens on each week is still not enough now, not mentioning the lack of quality gameplay. And the best thing in it, that it takes 3 mouseclicks to make and share a tiny screenshot. Im saying this not as a fan, but as a person who studied a little marketing. Belive me.

Im afraid, that TW already have run out of time to get the critical playerbase at release, and they have to work hard after release to reach the sales what they expect. But if this is the plan, i can live with it. I'm gonna buy the game on first day anyway.

Yours faithfully

Upvote 0
Worst marketing ever.

Clearly you haven't been around the gaming 'verse very long lol.
Also Nintendo sells games on less most of the time.

This game will probably sell on word of mouth of Players and Press alike. They'll play it and be like "Mate you gotta play this game..."

EDIT: Also you need to understand one simple thing....

Battlefield 3? Yeah you know the game.... It has a 100 million, thats million with an M, on marketing alone.

TWI's budget for ROHOS development? 10 million.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And taking one screenshot on every day, or capture hd gameplay with fraps and share it is free. That is my point. IM not talking about the expensive banners or PR articles in tha main gaming sites.

Footage of testing wouldnt show you anything new, aside from an unfinished game...and that would just get a bunch of threads far worse than this one going.

Honestly I think you drastically underestimate the amount of money and effort EA/Crackdivision spend on marketing...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, we already got like 3-4 videos of gameplay showing most everything off, and only so much screen shots can show.

Yes, that is true. But news are always about new things. That's why they are news. :) So HoS wont be on cover again with its old gameplay vids and screens. Marketing is about always on cover with something. If not with paid advertisement, than new content or other big news. Im missing the second one.

Upvote 0
Worst marketing ever. CoD and BF will release two months after HoS, and those already have more quality content to show and advertise. TW wants to open for ordinary gamers and its really great. But those people choosing games by shiny trailers, screens, and daily great news on the main gaming sites.Yes, yes, TW is a small company with less money to advertise and more things to work on, and so on... But nine new screenshots in the last 3 months, 60 days befor the game release? Dude, seriously? Nine screens on each week is still not enough now, not mentioning the lack of quality gameplay. And the best thing in it, that it takes 3 mouseclicks to make and share a tiny screenshot. Im saying this not as a fan, but as a person who studied a little marketing. Belive me.

Im afraid, that TW already have run out of time to get the critical playerbase at release, and they have to work hard after release to reach the sales what they expect. But if this is the plan, i can live with it. I'm gonna buy the game on first day anyway.

Yours faithfully
Hate to say this but I do agree with this dude in a way,hopefully TWI knows what they are doing and have everything planed allready.

Footage of testing wouldnt show you anything new, aside from an unfinished game...and that would just get a bunch of threads far worse than this one going.

Honestly I think you drastically underestimate the amount of money and effort EA/Crackdivision spend on marketing...
I dont see nothing wrong with that thread dude,the only thing I see is 98% people being WOWed,and 2% complaining about few forehead bugs and MBK42 with a small scope....What I see is a sucsesfull thread 98% happy gamers,YOU CAN'T MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY.....

Upvote 0
Well, we already got like 3-4 videos of gameplay showing most everything off, and only so much screen shots can show.

No we don't, we have 3-4 vids showing off features (and mostly the same ones), but none showing some real propper gameplay.

Features are nice, i'm not saying they aren't, and to thouse of us who played Ost and/or the mod, we can imagine how thouse features will blend into the gameplay.

But for thouse who didn't play Ost/mod, it's pretty much useless, fake tits on a zombie useless, and probably the number one question i have seen posted about HoS out there on the net is "But what does it play like? When will we see gameplay?".
Or maybe that's the number two question, just after "when will we get the release date", but that one's been solved, so i digress.

As much as i think Vakka is beeing too pessimistic, what with allready writing the game off as a day-1, he is not wrong in his critisism of the marketing, and plenty of us oldtimers here have been asking, no, begging for some gameplay vids for months now so we can start word-of-mouth'ing this game, get people excited for it, generate some hype free of charge for TWI.

As things stand, we really can't, because every time we go out there, we're just assaulted and sabered down by negativity, like "dude that stuff's old, they haven't show anything new in months, i bet this game is delayed to 2012 or we would have seen something new by now", and "why should we care? I don't even know what this game is like, and they won't show us, probably because it sucks!".

TWI's response to all this is "we'd rather work on the game than spend time making videos and screens", and "we don't work on fully baked/compiled builds most of the time, so we can't just take some screenshots of thease raw builds", and i can see that angle, but it's not going to be good enough, not if they want to expand and get thease games out there in a big way, they are going to have to find ways to release more shots and vids in the future, or they won't be making it big.

And even on a small marketing budget, if they could just have supplied this community with some material, we would have gladly put it out there free of charge! And indeed we have with what we've been given, it just hasen't been enough.. we may have lots of facts about the game to share, but nothing much to show.

Upvote 0

No, im not. Actually that is the main reason why TW should start feed the press and us immediatley, if he want to compete with them, if its not too late by now. Acti and EA would sell millions from their games without any marketing, just because they called Call of Duty and Battlefield. TW cant afford this luxury, and still doing.

Upvote 0
some people get why i asked and me myself am quite puzzled as to why they havent even released a gameplay mp video :confused: makes no sense .

it wouldnt cost a penny and could be done in a very short time.

youtube is free and a decent video on there can make you game alone.

this is why i asked as to why theres no footage as the game is litterally weeks away and all we have is like a bunch of screenshots which i could of uploaded in minutes :(

no company is that busy .

its either a strategy (which if it is seems flawed not to promote your game) or its because the game is bad and dont want any damage being done before it starts to sell .

or it isnt finished enough to show a decent video which would be very worrying aswell cause the game is released in a few weeks.

hopefully im proved wrong and we see decent footage soon.

Upvote 0
Clearly you haven't been around the gaming 'verse very long lol.
Also Nintendo sells games on less most of the time.

This game will probably sell on word of mouth of Players and Press alike. They'll play it and be like "Mate you gotta play this game..."

EDIT: Also you need to understand one simple thing....

Battlefield 3? Yeah you know the game.... It has a 100 million, thats million with an M, on marketing alone.

TWI's budget for ROHOS development? 10 million.

You can't compare it to Nintendo . Name recognition for Nintendo is one of the highest in the industry . Read a story a year ago about the number of people who could recognize Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog worldwide and it was amazing.
Nintendo games have the longest retail "tail" of any game developer. Selling impressive amounts of units YEARS after release . Simply because when grandma and Aunt Sally are shopping at Walmart for a gift Nintendo jumps out at them.

I WISH TW had 1/100th the name recognition .

I agree that they could really benefit from a media push right now during the slow news time . However as silly as it sounds it takes alot of work to take screen shots . No seriously! At a small indie studio I'm sure it's alot easier but you still usually have multiple individuals who want a say in what your showing, how many , shot selection , etc . Which all takes away time from development. Agreed half a day isn't a huge amount compared to the overall
Develope ment cycle . However when you've already set a release date that's 8 weeks away , and it's crunch time , It feels like alot!
And after this last batch I'm sure they're extra careful ! ;)

Seems like they still have a lot of things to add to the game. Personally I'm buying the game regardless , so I don't need any convincing media .
But like many of you I want to see TW sell millions of units and see a huge return on their investment .
Review sites , YouTube , word of mouth can be very effective , cheap and quick marketing .

Last edited:
Upvote 0