• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sharpshooter the most useless class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insta-killing fleshpounds is one thing but did you kill the CRAWLERS?

Like the OP I'm still skeptical.

There is HC for crawlers and other trash. And if something gets close, it receives HSg blast from our support. I'm not saying it's a best team load-out: 2, on some maps - 3 ss in the team is optimal imo. I'm just saying it's possible to do the map with 5 too. But sharpies must have excellent skill.

Upvote 0
Draw crosshair on screen with sharpie, become ultimate sharpshooter

2ltn483.jpg

Reactions: Akim213
Upvote 0
I find that it's more the players that are garbage than the class. That is, most of the noobs seem to play as SS as if they never figured out how there are other perks...

Good SS players are rare, terrible ones are overwhelmingly common. Then again, the same could be said for any perk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can tell this guy has never played on Suicidal and Hell on Earth.

Support and Commando serve an important role in any squad - their niche is speed, and keeping a lot of the crawlers, clots, gorefests and stalkers from the rest of their team. So it's no surprise that they would kill with greater speed and numbers.

However, Sharp Shooters, with a couple levels, can stun Scrakes, Husks and even FPs with a Lever Action or Crossbow. They can kill the Fleshpound while he's far away in just a few quick shots - which means that he'd be dead before he could rush and reach the actual squad. Both a Support and Commando would have to wait til the distance was closed, and again, they can't stun.

Sharpshooters are also very efficient in early waves, due to the bonus they gain in Pistol damage. Even on higher difficulties an SS can quickly dispatch a group of incoming clots and gorefests with just a pistol.

This is like calling all Pyros useless because of the handful of level 3 morons who decide to unload their flamethrower on the Scrake or Fleshpound. Don't blame the perk, blame the person playing it.

Upvote 0
its not pointless... maybe the people you watch need to aim for the head...

You can blame me for that. During the beta, I had the bright idea to remove the sharpie damage bonus and even add a small reduction in damage for body shots. Now they may have been discussing this beforehand, but it was implemented after I suggested it so I'm taking credit. :) TWI just removed the bonus for body shots and it was a mistake.

It isn't that bad when the sharpie can aim, but put mobs in groups when they climb over each other and bounce over obstacles and the sharpie is screwed.

Upvote 0
You can blame me for that. During the beta, I had the bright idea to remove the sharpie damage bonus and even add a small reduction in damage for body shots. Now they may have been discussing this beforehand, but it was implemented after I suggested it so I'm taking credit. :) TWI just removed the bonus for body shots and it was a mistake.

It isn't that bad when the sharpie can aim, but put mobs in groups when they climb over each other and bounce over obstacles and the sharpie is screwed.

To be fair, if the hitboxes were 100% reliable the Sharpy would be perfectly balanced :)

Upvote 0
Personally I want a buff. I will gladly sacrifice reload speed, weapon spawning, and discounts for 2x head damage across the board! No weapon restrictions, no favors other than pure killing power. Sharp shooters would be a highly specialized class with a ton of negatives. If i have to risk my buttocks to get a clean accurate shot I want the payoff, which is to say a dead specimen.

Reactions: Rainydaykid
Upvote 0
I did play on a hard sever with a skilled SS, when wave 9 ends someone ask "why I've never seen a sc and right after those fp yell they would dissapear?

I'm not a very good player, I did try to be demo and my skilled friend be a SS then play on doomv7 hard, man I was glad that he was there....

also if you're play support and have a good ss with you is pretty annoying, right when you see a sc and pulling out your boomstick or aa12, it's head would be gone already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.