• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sharpshooter the most useless class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

effidy

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Sharpshooters are the most useless class, can't even kill a crawler efficiently, I watched lvl 6 commando and lvl 6 sharpshooter side by side and what a huge difference, commando can kill anything 5 times faster than a sharpshooter, and anyone can get a crossbow to kill scrakes and fleshpounds. Also commando can spot stalkers, when to reload because he sees Scrake's health so to not enrage him at the wrong time and he can drastically prolong slow-mo.

There is really no point to the sharpshooter class.

Sounds like you're pretty mad.
Sharpshooter has the cheapest loadout after the berserker. They can output a huge amount of damage, and an SS with a LAR is near unstoppable.
To me, the commando is the most useless; it's great for dealing with trash, but when **** hits the fan (i.e, a scrake or fleshpound decides to gate-crash the party) the commando has to run behind the sharpshooter and pray his inaccurate SCAR rounds haven't raged it.

(Obviously i <3 SS - totally not biased though :( )

Upvote 0
To me, the commando is the most useless; it's great for dealing with trash, but when **** hits the fan (i.e, a scrake or fleshpound decides to gate-crash the party) the commando has to run behind the sharpshooter and pray his inaccurate SCAR rounds haven't raged it.

(Obviously i <3 SS - totally not biased though :( )
YouTube - ‪Bull****‬‏

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sharp Shooter after the many nerfs, become somewhat obsolete. No longer a all around class (Support takes that role for now....) and a very low margin for error. SS weapons have also been severely weakened ,9mm on HOE, Single HC, M14,and X-bow. There are some advantages though. With a 9mm you are always using your perked weapon. At level 5 you spawn with your most effective weapon. At level 6 you spawn with your most powerful weapon that can also be sold for a good profit. To summarize the sharp shooter lost a lot of power, but is always effective no matter the weapon. At high levels the sharp shooter's penalty for dying is negated by the ability to sell the x-bow . All in all a decent class.

Reactions: Dolphin Buff Man
Upvote 0
What are you talking about, if you are a sharpshooter you are obligated to carry crossbow to maybe kill or weaken fleshpounds, how does LAR help with anything, it is very slow so it can't kill efficiently anything else or "trash" as you call it and it takes forever to reload. And if you have a crossbow you can forget about dealing with the "trash".

Upvote 0
Sharp Shooter after the many nerfs, become somewhat obsolete.

That's probably why it is the most rarest class I see in games.

Also did you notice that it is almost impossible to get a headshot if zombie is walking sideways or uphill, anything but straight line towards you is almost impossible headshot and that kind of situation is not very common.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What are you talking about, if you are a sharpshooter you are obligated to carry crossbow to maybe kill or weaken fleshpounds, how does LAR help with anything, it is very slow so it can't kill efficiently anything else or "trash" as you call it and it takes forever to reload. And if you have a crossbow you can forget about dealing with the "trash".

While i appreciate your inquisitive ignorance, the fact that you started out patronising is a bit of a dick move.

The LAR, if i remember right, gets a reload boost (either that, or it's just superbly fast) and does massive damage. So much damage, in fact, that it can stun scrakes. When you play the higher levels, the crossbow doesn't kill the scrake or fleshpound, and just enrages them.

I sure hope you didn't insult the berserkers when they started carrying axes...

Reactions: Jake74
Upvote 0
That's probably why it is the most rarest class I see in games.

Its rare to see because the Sharp Shooter takes skill to use. Even zerker's (the most finesse orientated perk) has a low skill entry to use. A SS must hit the head to be effective. Missed shot = dead player. That can create frustration in players. That's why support is the new all around perk. Aim is not required, missing targets still nets kills, carry more stuff, penetrating shots. Nice and easy.

Upvote 0
Also did you notice that it is almost impossible to get a headshot if zombie is walking sideways or uphill, anything but straight line towards you is almost impossible headshot and that kind of situation is not very common.

That's a skill issue. Once you're accustomed to accurate aiming rather than shooting in the enemy's general vicinity, you can crack headshots in all but sloped environments...

Wow dude, you can't kill a fleshpound with LAR, you might as well be commando with SCAR and time your reload/scrake health ratio...and be 5 times more efficient with everything else.

Yes you can. You can't kill it alone, obviously, unless you use your tactic, which clearly only works if you're the last person alive.
Seriously, LAR and M14 is a perfectomundo loadout.

Upvote 0
297trollthread.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.