• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sideshow Achievements...

E(rik)

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
New York
Is it just me, or do they seem laughably easy?

Killing a Gorefast with a melee weapon is extremely easy to do.

Killiing five bloats in an entire game? Hell, there should be an achievement for NOT killing five in an entire game.

Crossbows completely eat scrakes, especially on low dificulties. I see nothing hard there.

Killing three clots with a lever action rifle in extremely easy.

Only one that seems hard is Windjammer Enthusiast and Elephant Gun.

Not that I really care; just means more Steampunk Foster for me. >=D

Reactions: Jake74
Look, I don't really agree with that. Everyone enjoys different aspects about all games, hence why people play different perks. Some people like to get achievements, no matter how good or bad they are. I love achievements, and i do beleieve these are way too easy. I've gotten 8 already, and I've been playing it for 2 hours max... :rolleyes:

I was kinda hoping that i was gonna have to try really hard for a couple of them, the Stalker one is going to be where the hard work and coordination is at. Other than that and pistol the Fleshclown, there really isn't much that can't be done... Even for beginner players. In my opinion, the Christmas achievements were more what I like aiming for, but hey, I'm happy to go for anything, as long as it keeps me occupied and happy :)

Anyway, good luck to everyone getting them, happy hunting! :D

Upvote 0
i do beleieve these are way too easy. I've gotten 8 already, and I've been playing it for 2 hours max... :rolleyes:

I got all I needed to unlock Steampunk Foster and it only took me a hour, half of that was getting the map achievment, way to easy to unlock if you can unlock achievments on beginner.

edit: the siren one being the lone exception, but even then, if your only goal is to unlock Steampunk Foster, it is unneeded

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If its challenge you want, do the map achievs only on a public server, from Normal to HoE. Watch as half the team gets killed trying to pistol a very healthy FP, puts their guns away because they saw a stalker in the group and try to charge it, and basically herpderp and then everyone gets sandy underpants, has a cry and leaves.

That there is the real challenge.

Upvote 0
None of them take much work to get (less than an hour for me).

The backstabbing stalker one (Assistant Homicide) is janky because of hit detection and basically requiring two people working together.

The Fleshpound one (Elephant Gun) can be completed with dual Handcannons which is extremely viable.

I know that TWI doesn't want to make the achievements impossible unless you have been playing KF since release, but they could easily throw in a few more difficult achievements since you only need 10 of the 13 to get the skin. It's possible they made them easier after complaints from players who cannot get 100% on their achievements page from not getting all the winter or portal event achievements.

Upvote 0
I felt guilty of doing my achievements.

I did it on Beginner difficulty on the Abusement Park map. Everything was easy except the Assistant Homicide (Killing two circus stalkers on the back with melee).

I completed Elephant Gun by letting the Fleshpound eat a rocket and a grenade, then I fished out my 9mm for the finishing blow. The achievement where you have to chain 4 specimen kills in 1 ZED time with melee is pretty hard due to the specimen count, but still managable. All you have to do is to gather the specimens around and just hack-and-slash with a katana. Chainsaw has a much lower probability of completing it due to the low damage, and fire axe is just too slow to chain. If you have trouble gathering the specimens due to damage, then switch to the berserker class. I'm at level 3 and I'm not receiving damage from clots, gorefasts, sirens, stalkers and crawlers.

Upvote 0
mmm... see I tried to do it on public servers on Normal to get the acheievement for the level, and whatever I got inbetween start and completetion of that map was great, but i preferred to do it on Hard. I'm avoiding Beginnre like the plague because it really is no longer an achievement... it's more like you took the time to go there and get it and that's about it. But that's just my thought on it, if noone else feels like it's a problem then go ahead it's just for me, I like to feel like I'm struggling to get them, so then it really is an achievement :cool: At the moment I'm struggling not to get them, which is a really wierd situation :D:rolleyes:

And why is it that people find the Siren scream one hard to survive, it was one of the first achievements I got? If you are with a team, it should be especially easy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0