• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Summer Sideshow Event

The posts here, the KF steam group, facebook etc where we told you guys that we ran into last minute problems obviously do not count then.

Fail to deliver..... all right. We really should re-think this "give out free content" thingy.

The earliest post I saw about the delay was 11:58 PM by yoshiro (Ty for the update!), generally most people might expect when something is released "The day of" that it is released in the morning.
Frankly I would have expected something to be on the front page, the event page, or the announcements. Sure facebook and steam groups can be a useful medium, but I would think most people would expect the info to be smack dab on the center of the official site or announcements.

There is a difference between something happening last minute, and waiting until the last minute to acknowledge something happened. Unless you intended to release the update at 11:59pm and consider that well within the bounds of the 30th, you would be doing the latter.

Seriously, people need to stop waving around this "Oh maybe we will stop doing free events!" just because people complain. It's not like KF is the only zed slaughtering game in the world, and it would only hurt yourselves.
If you had no events, there would be less advertisement for the game and thus, less people playing and buying packs.
If you tried to charge for events, you would have even more negativity on the forums and while some would certainly buy, more would walk away.

Most of us are thankful and appreciative that you go as far as having some nice little events for us, but putting word up as many places as possible (A announcement post specifically about the delay, on the front page, on the steam advertisement) and as soon as possible would have left less people confused and disappointed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What most people don't realise is while some of the complaining is a little on the extreme side, there are some valid points there.

Tripwire advertised this event to occur under a strict timeframe, and the game was still being worked on during the day the event is supposed to start. Naturally, a lot of people would assume that the event was fine tuned and completed before the 30th so the unexpected bug would have had less of a negative response. There has also been no word if Tripwire will be extending the event to compensate for the lost day, so that is another concern.

What people aren't getting at is that just because people are complaining, doesn't mean that they don't appreciate the efforts and the event itself. A lot of people including myself appreciate the events because we pay for character packs to support Tripwire because we like their games and what they do.

So while we all appreciate what Tripwire are doing, Tripwire need to appreciate that they have a very enthusiastic fan base that really look forward to the event, and appreciate that hanging threats such as "We will reconsider doing free content" doesn't make people any less frustrated.

Now that the achievement list is up on Steam, I think progress is being made.

Upvote 0
Its only the hard date that bugs me - and i'm sorry, but i checked this thread and the killing floor website for news. My FB wall is full of stuff, its not the best way to announce things :/ Please don't stop giving out free stuff tho, TWI peoples! Unless its cause your workin on KF2 :)
+1

@jalex3
Is it so wrong to be disappointed that your free pizza was 2 hours late? Or that the fireworks were canceled?
If people complaining or being disappointed physically disgusts you, I can't imagine what kind of Utopian world you must live in.

Reactions: jalex3
Upvote 0
I much rather they take their time and get it right I think most people are miffed about the hard date because the longer the delay is the more time they loose to play and gain the achievements since this thing ends on the 22nd. Also some people are going out of town for the weekend and I guess wanted to play it before then? (on the american end anyways 4th of July)

regardless it is free and they seem to be working hard on trying to get it fixed and going. The only thing I hope that they do is make up for the time lost IE not ending it on the 22nd but extending it a day maybe? hopefully its up soon though :(

Upvote 0
People stop bitci** around
[TW]Yoshiro announced when the summer slideshow events is comming

The Clowns Come The First of July
posted by [TW]Yoshiro @ 03:43AM on July 01, 2011
I am sorry to announce we ran into some last minute troubles that have caused the Big Top to remain closed one more day. The good news is, tomorrow they will be more then happy to greet you with arms and claws wide open!

Enjoy the Steam Summer Sale!

So check steam killing floor original community group

Reactions: Krieg Jaeger
Upvote 0
Like I said, people are treating the fact that people are disappointed like a great insult to Tripwire when they are perfectly in their rights to complain.

But if the update needed an extra day then it needed an extra day. I only ask that we'll be compensated with the day that we lost.

lmao, compensated for what? There has been no exchange here, you've not been left out of pocket. TWI is giving you FREE content for your game. After all this time they are still doing these updates and you (among others) have the nerve to demand compensation. Outstanding.

Upvote 0
lmao, compensated for what? There has been no exchange here, you've not been left out of pocket. TWI is giving you FREE content for your game. After all this time they are still doing these updates and you (among others) have the nerve to demand compensation. Outstanding.

How is it nerve? KF events are on for a limited time and due to circumstances at Tripwire, the event is coming out late. Of course it's reasonable to expect the FULL 3 weeks that was supposed to occur starting yesterday.

The people who outright slander Tripwire for not being able to put the update out at the stated time are just as sad as the ones lapping everything TW says like it's the word of God. Why can't most of you people sit on the fence and look at this situation objectively?

Upvote 0

All he wants is a day longer for the event. It's not like he's demanding a free skin pack or 20 bucks. Get off your high horse and chill the f**k out.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there are people like yourself proclaiming the event to be a gift from the gods themselves and anyone who displays even mild disappointment of TWI being unable to release the game on schedule and not being prompt and concise in informing us of the situation to be the scum of the earth. "How DARE you complain! How DARE you be anything but utterly excited and fanatically devoted to TWI!". Sure, we like TWI and enjoy the events they toss out now and then, but late is late. People aren't going to be happy about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Keep waiting

Keep waiting

Hi my first post on these forums
TWI - HUGE thanks for best support i have seen.
To those who keep *****ing: WAIT, u dont really appreciate TWI's approach. Gaming is business, and they could charge us (gamers) for all the free content, but they dont, so keep your mouth shut, and be happy with such a great devteam. Who remembers times when all content was free (Call of Duty 1 mappacks any1? - i bet few only know that there was a great free mappack for this). BTW **** happens so wait. I'm waiting for this too, and I will be happy to play this, but right now I'm just waiting.

Upvote 0