• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

Original WWII German tube scarf:
140.jpg

WWII German tube scarf/toque:
toque.jpg

WWII German toque:
gpers_toque_small.jpg

WWII German toque:
183728.jpg

WWII toque pull up over mouth & nose
:
be87.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldih
Upvote 0
I did make a post here, but it seems I pressed the wrong button or something and didn't actually post it. Whoops.

91/30 scope - It's a PEM, which was much, much more common in Stalingrad. It was an older design and much more costly and time-consuming to produce, which is why the PU was introduced - from what I recall the PU didn't really start appearing until late '42 and wasn't truly prolific until late '43-early '44. It's more realistic to have that than PU-series scopes left and right.

MKb.42(H) and MP-40 II - I dunno about you, but if I wanted to figure out if a weapon was any good, the first place I'd be sending it is the single largest encirclement at the time and the fiercest battle in human history. Regardless of whether they were physically seen there or not (and apparently the MKb was), simple logic dictates that at least a few would have found their way there. The MKb could mount both a long eye relief optic like the Kar98K and a bayonet, so I see no reason they shouldn't be included.

The WH hero - Oh come on. Ski masks, padded jackets, gloves... all part of the standard issue winter gear in practically every military for at least the last 100 years. My grandfather's wool balaclava (and mine, which is practically the same) can both be pulled up to cover the lower half of the face like that, and nobody likes frostbite. Soldiers will readily ignore parade-ground grooming standards in combat, and WWII was the single most intense conflict in human history. Are you seriously telling me none of you expect a single soldier to not care if their tags are hanging out, or if they aren't supposed to have X medal pinned in Y location on Z day? I sure don't care and nobody I know does either. I can tell you right now that the first thing anyone does out field is pop their collars to keep the sun off their necks, roll their sleeves, and throw empty mags down the front of their shirt rather than stuff about with mag pouches (then replace them into the pouch when they have time). All of these things are supposedly against some regulation or another, but nobody cares because there is no place for that in combat, especially the real thing.

Personally, I can't wait for the game and I'm keen to try out some of the new weapons. I was really glad to see the Nagant 1895 get included, by the way.

You've just stated everything I've wanted to say.

Everyone should just read this. You make great points.

Upvote 0
I don't understand what's all the fuss about the visible medal and cold protection in the screenshot. I find these new screenshots really amazing!

Some people should realise that soldiers don't look like on parade in war any more and their uniforms and looks become rather diverse...
Clone soldiers are unrealistic and would be a disgrace for this game.

I have lots of trust in Tripwire to make a great and ultra-realistic game, which will be ground-breaking for the fps genre in many ways.

On the balaclava discussion, German soldiers were equipped with the "Schlauchschal" (tube scarf), which was fairly common. It could be worn just around the neck, but also to cover your face and ears against icy winds. The SWAT comparison is nonsense. As it was said already the "Schlauchschal" can be easily adjusted to cover the nose.

Pictures illustrating the very common use of the tube scarf:

JJJJJ.jpg

51HDIMp-xUL.jpg

On the discussion about the visible medals, this is a picture of a German soldier taken in Stalingrad wearing his infantry assault badge openly, too.

source: Bundesarchiv Bild 183-R1222-501

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R1222-501,_Stalingrad,_deutscher_Soldat_mit_Zigarette.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
server settings

server settings

Yes you'll be able to adjust the server settings with.
- No death messages , on or delayed.
- Yes you can play without heroes
- Yes you can play without radar

About the kill points i am not sure, but i know what you mean since i've played a lot on your server, which is excellent btw :) (Realism mode, infantery one). Regarding the tanking , i'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't a difference between the surfaces.

You'll be able to mod the game so if not then i am sure you'll figure it out by tweaking.

thanks for the answer ...

I've understood correctly ...

I can set the server so ... on online multy player?

Upvote 0
I'm not pointing fingers but some are getting too hot headed over the weapons.
Like me before I was mad as heck the m91/30 PU sniper was being put in the game as i believed without a shadow of a doubt no PU rifles were used at Stalingrad. Ramm said if it may have been there then we put it in game. Well i proved my ownself wrong,Sniper S.E. Tur in Stalingrad Oct. 1942 with a PU rifle
viktor.jpg

And the Germans had all sorts of weapons that were not standard issue or were self modified,like I was reading Zaitsevs book "For us there was no land beyong the Volga" and he tells of seeing a German with a beautiful hunting rifle and huge scope.he also tells of seeing Germans wearing womens fur coats etc....

Check out this German in Stalingrad,his k98 modified with a Russian PEM scope
pem.jpg

Upvote 0
So, We have this, and it seems like most people want it....

swat-team-posing_25084.jpg

And we have other people that want something a little more realistic.

german-soldier-wwii.jpg

Only 1 variant of the German heads even wear the mask with it covering their face. all the other variants wear the mask with the face exposed just like in your bottom pic. The Germans were not equipped well for winter and we thought it would be more interesting to have variation on how the soldiers wear it, basically to do anything they can to stay warm. One thing to keep in mind with these screenshots is that it's just a couple pics showing the unique stuff we're added into the game. We want these things to stay unique so it's not spammed what so ever. Also keep in mind that even with these weapon upgrades a bullet is a bullet and none of these guns have gamey weapon damage changes or anything else falsely added to them. We play test all the time with randomizing what weapon upgrades people get and we find that it makes no difference to balance due to the realistic nature of RO2's combat, tactics and smarts always win. RO2 is actually way more realistic then RO1, it's hard to see in the screenshots but you'll know what I'm saying when you play it.

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
Only 1 variant of the German heads even wear the mask with it covering their face. all the other variants wear the mask with the face exposed just like in your bottom pic. The Germans were not equipped well for winter and we thought it would be more interesting to have variation on how the soldiers wear it, basically to do anything they can to stay warm. One thing to keep in mind with these screenshots is that it's just a couple pics showing the unique stuff we're added into the game. We want these things to stay unique so it's not spammed what so ever. Also keep in mind that even with these weapon upgrades a bullet is a bullet and none of these guns have gamey weapon damage changes or anything else falsely added to them. We play test all the time with randomizing what weapon upgrades people get and we find that it makes no difference to balance due to the realistic nature of RO2's combat, tactics and smarts always win. RO2 is actually way more realistic then RO1, it's hard to see in the screenshots but you'll know what I'm saying when you play it.

This is wonderful. Thanks for more clarification. If there is ANY developer someone should trust, it's Tripwire.

I'm hoping people will get the fact that these rare weapons and such won't be seen by very many people each match. It's not like every avatar will be holding one. I actually like the idea of someone looking more like a "veteran".

Last edited:
Reactions: Miro!
Upvote 0
The game and community are going in the opposite direction? FFS do you keep up with the forums at all? How is realistic ballistics, bullet penetration, a more realistic damage system, more realistic weapon handling, vastly more realistic tanking, first person cover, blind firing, and more, going in the opposite direction? You're tellling me that the MP-40II and Mkb42 somehow invalidates all of that?

I'll just say it. You're either a troll or stupid.

I've seen the available videos out about the game, and I do keep up with the forums. And I must say that there are things that make this game more realistic than the original. Adjustable Sights for instance is great. But then I watch the videos and for every good thing I hear, I hear something that worries me, for instance the fact that you cannot exit tanks.

So, I am neither a troll or stupid. And I am thankful that Tripwire has given the option to turn off Heroes and such, because that worried me the most. But what it comes down to, is that I won't know how I feel until I get to play it.

Reactions: Tagemandbagem
Upvote 0
MP40 with double mag... Scoped MkB2...

Also why does that German wearing the padded parka have his dog tag out and his EK on his parka...

There is just soo much fail in these screen shots...

-Again it is not the inclusion of the balaclava, but the fact that it is rendered to look more "highspeed" and "leet" and something out of some modern CoD game. There would be no issue if the nose was not covered, then it would look like the sample pictures actually posted.

So we are basing these harsh criticisms on the fact that we have not seen a real picture of a german soldier wearing a "tight" ski mask? I guess that makes sense. We all know google images has the final word. If it's not on there, it never happened.

Most of these complaints and criticisms are pretty arrogant. You would have to be omniscient to know what did or did not happen/exist on the sort of scale you are talking about, ie dog tags showing, scoped MkB2, tight ski masks, etc.

Reactions: Tagemandbagem
Upvote 0