• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

why not zombies?

Blockbot

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2011
I've seen alot around on forums, in games etc. and I noticed when ppl call zeds, "zombies" they get mad. is it really that bad calling a zed (zombie)? and why?

and what is the storyline about the name zed? was it just a random funny suggestion for a alt name for zombie? or? fill me in! :)

Well, I'd say some people overreact to people calling them Zombies, as it's pretty much expected as that's what people call walking human-like abominations. The reason people get mad at the term "Zombie" Being used (Which you probably already know) to refer to the Specimens is that, well, they're specimens. Clones. Not zombies, technically. But specimens such as the Clot, for instance, characterize a generic zombie in a sense. So it's honestly not that farfetched to call them Zombies.

Reactions: Blockbot
Upvote 0
Well, I'd say some people overreact to people calling them Zombies, as it's pretty much expected as that's what people call walking human-like abominations. The reason people get mad at the term "Zombie" Being used (Which you probably already know) to refer to the Specimens is that, well, they're specimens. Clones. Not zombies, technically. But specimens such as the Clot, for instance, characterize a generic zombie in a sense. So it's honestly not that farfetched to call them Zombies.

So what differs the two of them is:

Zombies brainless dead human.
Zeds brainless clones? xD

that makes sense.

but what about the crawler?

Upvote 0
It is specimens not zombies, they are not dead people with out brains, like zombies are. They are unsuccessful experiments to create ultimate soldiers. In the end the cloning machines were never shuted down, so they are cloning themselves endlessly.
If you want to know about stalkers, read KF-Wyre description.

In a nutshell they are heavily modified humans and they did not come back to life from dead.

I hope, I explained everything corectly, if not add something to this.
Thanks

Reactions: Blockbot
Upvote 0
and who was the pedo that suggested to make brainless litle girl clones? Geeze this is just like the Austrian Josef Fritzl guy all over.

Possibly due to the lithe form of females, the substance used to camouflage them works more efficiently with a smaller mass and less muscular tissue males are more prone to acquire. That's my theory, but then you have the Patriarch which just effs up my theory :D

Upvote 0
It is specimens not zombies, they are not dead people with out brains, like zombies are. .

In a nutshell they are heavily modified humans and they did not come back to life from dead.

Zombies are not dead people with out brains, zombies have brains, its what keeps them alive, does tha know nothing about zombies?

Zombies are dead people that are still walking around with the basic instinct which is feed, the power for zombies is that some kind of reaction, viral or other, created an electrical charge which re-awakened the brain and re-animate the body, the only way to kill a zombie is kill the brain.

But we are on KF here and we are talking about specimens, its a story that confused me too, if they're experiments, why are there thousands upon thousands of them, surely from all then killing everyone has done over the space of 20+ maps would have wiped them out, and as for patty, well you can blow him up, burn him, chop him and yet he still comes back stronger than ever every game, KF has a slanted story which has some very dodgy edges.

BUT! They are known as Specimens, although I would call a clot a zombie, but I wouldn't call a crawler one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Zombies are not dead people with out brains, zombies have brains, its what keeps them alive, does tha know nothing about zombies?

According to all I've seen about zombies , either they are brain dead and reanimated by a virus , or they are simply dead and an unknown force controls them. That's why they are called undead ( Does zombies and undead mean the same btw?)

Upvote 0

Zombies are dead people that are still walking around with the basic instinct which is feed, the power for zombies is that some kind of reaction, viral or other, created an electrical charge which re-awakened the brain and re-animate the body, the only way to kill a zombie is kill the brain.

But we are on KF here and we are talking about specimens, its a story that confused me too, if they're experiments, why are there thousands upon thousands of them, surely from all then killing everyone has done over the space of 20+ maps would have wiped them out, and as for patty, well you can blow him up, burn him, chop him and yet he still comes back stronger than ever every game, KF has a slanted story which has some very dodgy edges.

BUT! They are known as Specimens, although I would call a clot a zombie, but I wouldn't call a crawler one.

Sorry for my mistake, I wanted to say that they don't have brain in a different way, in a way, that they cannot think logically, and zombies have the only instinct to feed like you have said.

My apologies

Upvote 0
Sorry for my mistake, I wanted to say that they don't have brain in a different way, in a way, that they cannot think logically, and zombies have the only instinct to feed like you have said.

My apologies

Don't apologise brother, I was being a stick in the mud :p

According to all I've seen about zombies , either they are brain dead and reanimated by a virus , or they are simply dead and an unknown force controls them. That's why they are called undead ( Does zombies and undead mean the same btw?)

Well no, a zombie is classed as the walking dead, undead means they aint dead, but I see your point, but yeah, zombies are brain dead, but they still have the basic functions, which is to feed in 99% of all zombie stories

Upvote 0
Well no, a zombie is classed as the walking dead, undead means they aint dead, but I see your point, but yeah, zombies are brain dead, but they still have the basic functions, which is to feed in 99% of all zombie stories

The undead refers to the animated dead, or similar. They are for all intensive purposes, dead ie no human elements, they are just animated.

ZED comes from an old clan that used to play the mod 'Zombie Extermination Division' (I think that's it) So some people call them zombies, but it doesn't really matter. Call them goblins for all I care.

Reactions: Dolphin Buff Man
Upvote 0
QUOTE FROM THE KILLING FLOOR WIKI
THIS EXPLAINS THE WHOLE STORY BEHIND KILLING FLOOR.
The 'zeds' are not zombies - zombies usually originate from some sort of virus, and have flesh eating tendencies - the monsters in this game are clones, experiments.
The British Government wanted super soldiers, Kevin Clamely, aka The Patriarch, was assigned to do so. He created the monsters, and the Government tried to shut the operation down because it was getting out of hand.

Read below for the whole story.

Kevin Clamely, the Patriarch's original identity, was the CEO and founder of Horzine Biotech, the company responsible for the outbreak in London. He was hired by the government to create the perfect soldier

Upvote 0
this ansvers alot :) thankies +1

but not that "brainless litle girls part"

So...you didn't click the link he posted?
They're not little girls, they're women. They have tits, they have the voice of a woman...and they have tits (i think i mentioned that...).
If you play Wyre and explore the terrifying lower levels, you'll see them being experimented on.

Upvote 0
I don't mind that people CALL the zombies; I'm just sick of the zombie logic being applied to everyone's suggestions.

"You should be able to be infected and need to be cured."

"Zombies don't have chainsaws for arms, remove them."

"Why are crawlers the way they are? They are nothing like the other zombies."

So yeah. Call them zombies if you want, doesn't mean they actually are zombies or function anything similar to them.

Upvote 0