• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would't it be nice if WE can see friends stats?

Nick_000

Jun 14, 2011
Hello, me and my friend has recently bought KF, and we are both trying quite hard to level up and geting prepared for the summer event so we can play it on HoE or even Suicidal.

In Left 4 dead 2, i know its from valve so it might be easier for them, they have a stats page on steam which shows, kills > deahts > heals > and lots more.

Cant KF do something simular so we can see our friends stats as well as only ours ?

Reactions: kablooie!
I like the idea in theory yet in practice if any sort of widespread leaderboards were implemented we'd soon have to deal with even more people saying "Sod off" to their teams so that they could go rambo and increase their standings on the leaderboard by about 3 places.

Worse yet, its quite likely that there would be mobs of lvl 6s raiding Beginner servers so as to build up their K : D spread, more hacks and hackers, and of course diminishing the sense of solidarity that would come with all of that through the ripple effect. So no thanks.

Upvote 0
when you think about it, KF is already tracking very specific things for achievements : SCAR kills, pipebombs kills, # of FPs killed with AA12 and many more.

I wonder if these counters keep on adding after you unlock em? That could be used as a starter.

Even then, I would like to be able to see my buddies perk progression :)

Upvote 0
(I do oppose the "accuracy" stat, though.)

And I would absolutely love to have such a stat because of the extra information can help tune me into what weapons I need to practice using more on solo or something.

So, just to have 3 weapons... (made up stats)

AA12:
Shots Fired - 3412
Accuracy - 85%
Headshots (#) - 435
Headshots (%) - 15%
Average Range - 12.7 m

9mm:
Shots Fired - 10578
Accuracy - 92%
Headshots (#) - 6818
Headshots (%) - 70%
Average Range - 18.6 m

Xbow:
Shots Fired - 78
Accuracy - 47%
Headshots (#) - 28
Headshots (%) - 75%
Average Range - 50.8 m

Going from this alone, it's obvious I am decent with a 9mm, I prefer bodyshots with the AA12, and I both don't use the Xbow much and am pretty bad with it. So I could either look at improving my use of the AA12 at closer ranges to improve accuracy (or not), or look at using the Xbow more and getting used to the bolt speed and use at longer ranges. I'd likely choose to work on the Xbow for a little while before going to work on the 9mm at longer range.

Without an accuracy stat, I wouldn't be able to figure what I need to work on more. Of course, a leaderboard would be horrific. So, kept to yourself and viewable by people who look specifically at your stats, things could be better off.

Upvote 0
Without an accuracy stat, I wouldn't be able to figure what I need to work on more. Of course, a leaderboard would be horrific. So, kept to yourself and viewable by people who look specifically at your stats, things could be better off.

Yeah, I can see why it's advantagous and you're right, but don't forget that EVERY shot is counted. The average range and headshot count is good, but not the hit ratio. In KF, people tend to spam a lot, and while they miss a few of shots, they survive. People won't be doing this because so many people seem to actually care about their accuracy stat. You'd rely on a support spec to clear a room out with extreme speed using his AA12 but you won't get that, instead, you'll see him be all awkward and spend way longer than expected trying to make every single shot hit.

Compare it to the main argument against allowing an accuracy stat in RO2 - A machinegunner's role is to suppress targets and make them keep their heads down whilst your teammate advance. Out of the 200 rounds you just fired, you might not have even killed a single person, but you helped your team out so very much. If we had an accuracy stat, we'd have people not filling out their current non-sniping role because HERP DERP, I DONT WANNA RUIN MUH LEET ACCURACY STATZ.

Something like an average kill distance or an average number of shots used to kill a certain zed every time, and maybe the headshot ratio sounds great, though. And you're also right, a leaderboard would cause a few issues.

Reactions: kablooie!
Upvote 0
Hmm... then why don't we figure out what stats would be good to implement?

What I've come up with might not be the best set, so... yeah. Also, obvious on certain weapons having some stats and others not so much. These are individual weapon stats BTW.

--

Shots Fired
Overall Kills (show individual spec type kills in sub-stat page, graph for range)
Headshot Kills (same as overall kills, graph for range)
HS Kill Ratio (same as overall kills)
Average Range
Farthest Kill (or implemented into the graphs as described above... that's probably better)
Total Damage (another spec type kill sub-page)

Heal Count
Damaged Healed
Average Player Health Pre-Heal (are you a health topper-offer or a seriously wounded healer only? and maybe a line graph to go with this as well)

Burnt Kills (fire DoT kills, and another sub-page by spec type)

Time Spent Wielding
Time Spent ADS
Times Reloaded
Average Ammo Pre-Reload (like to top off or wait 'til you're near dry... or actually dry)
Time Spent Welding
Time Spent Unwelding

Accuracy by Range (line graph ONLY, and displayed where highest accuracy distance is always scaled to top of graph)

Upvote 0
I like the idea because it promotes skill but at the same time it would make the more impatient or maybe incompetent people inclined to hack. Also, I think this idea would draw people away from the teamwork aspect of the game.

People would be more competitive and would essentially result in them ramboing for all those headshots/kills they want.

In all I think its good idea but only on a personal level where you can see your own progress.

Upvote 0