• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Patriarch gives me this error

knightmare106

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2394 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (7531)

BossZombieController KF-Thaw001.BossZombieController (Function KFmod.KFMonsterController.FindNewEnemy:01DB) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
History: FFrame::Serialize <- AActor::processState <- Object BossZombieController KF-Thaw001.BossZombieController, Old State State KFChar.BossZombieController.InitialHunting, New State State KFChar.BossZombieController.InitialHunting <- AController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

halp pleez

Hey

Hey

BossZombieController KF-Thaw001.BossZombieController (Function KFmod.KFMonsterController.FindNewEnemy:01DB) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
History: FFrame::Serialize <- AActor::processState <- Object BossZombieController KF-Thaw001.BossZombieController, Old State State KFChar.BossZombieController.InitialHunting, New State State KFChar.BossZombieController.InitialHunting <- AController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

halp pleez

Was hard to read so I reposted in white.

Upvote 0
BossZombieController KF-Thaw001.BossZombieController (Function KFmod.KFMonsterController.FindNewEnemy:01DB) Runaway loop detected <- AActor::processState <- Object BossZombieController KF-Thaw001.BossZombieController,

Looks like itsa a custom Pat spawn that went wrong

Should be only on this map though

Upvote 0
I know the problem, the boss tries to select an enemy but when the boss fight start we are mostly at the trader and that's very far away so he cant select an enemy and he dont know where he should shoot or walk... when we stand in front of the spawn the game doesnt crash because he can select an enmy... :D that was the problem :)

Upvote 0
That error is C++ code. KF-TheThaw001.BossZombieController is not custom, it's the patriarch's controller in that level. A Runaway loop occurs when a state or loop is repeatively called non-stop and results in this error. I've seen this happen before and it's often always related to custom pawns controller by AI.

Reactions: Fel
Upvote 0