• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Non-US pricing for (our) games

I raise it to 100 Trillion!

I see your 100 Trillion and raise it to 1 Quadrillion!

img0127zp.jpg

Upvote 0
when i first heard this i was actually kinda concerned why would you do this is the game defective, whats wrong. as i sat down i figured out 2 potential reasons for the price not being 50.00 one being there gonna add an expansion not to long after release. or they don't feel there game is worth 50 bucks for whatever reason, could be good or bad. :)

Upvote 0
when i first heard this i was actually kinda concerned why would you do this is the game defective, whats wrong. as i sat down i figured out 2 potential reasons for the price not being 50.00 one being there gonna add an expansion not to long after release. or they don't feel there game is worth 50 bucks for whatever reason, could be good or bad. :)

Price elasticity. It boils down to this, if they can sell 100 units for $40 rather than 50 for $50, they will go for the better price point that brings in the most sales and profit, $40.

Also they're not mainstream publishers that rip people off with high-priced junk, they know people's disposable income is not infinite and rather believe in giving more for less rather than the typical mainstream attitude of paying more and giving less.

$40 is a very sensible price point and one that many will love, especially when they see what they get for it compared to the typical AAA crap.

Upvote 0
Wait a sec,you are making the most advanced game ever released
future-and-gameplay-wise ,and except the fact that you will probably be the first to have proper currency conversion on Steam,you are selling it for 25 euros only...(hint:cod costs 50-60)

Tell us the truth,God send you guys to earth,can't be explained otherwise

Reactions: Faneca
Upvote 0
Catar its not the companies mate its the Aussie Tarrifs they put on them
So the Aussie $ is worht more then the US $ but we pay 75% more it sux I know
Sorry, but this is just not true. There are no tariffs on digital sales and GST cannot be applied to imports/foreign transactions because the price is below $1000. The prices are artificially inflated by publishers at the behest of Australian distributors who are frankly scum. With the AUD so strong, they've been making huge profits while retailers continue to struggle with relatively narrow profit margins. Steam is a huge threat to retail demand, so the distributors cry poor and since game publishers need little excuse to raise the price, they jack it up to encourage people to pick up a retail copy instead. The catch there is that the sales they do still get on Steam are now at 150-200% profit so it's win-win for publishers and distributors while the rest of us get shafted.

If anyone's interested, this is a real eye-opener:

http://www.steamprices.com/au/topripoffshttp://www.steamprices.com/au/topripoffs

Bear in mind that we pay in US dollars, not Australian dollars. The little Australian flags there are to indicate the true prices after conversion for each region.

It's greed, pure and simple. I personally refuse to buy anything with a mark-up on it and many others in this country feel the same, choosing instead to either import a copy from overseas (even with shipping it's still far cheaper) or alternatively having a Steam copy gifted by US/UK based friends. Or in many cases of late, I will simply boycott a game altogether. There aren't many games these days that are worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Reactions: jalex3
Upvote 0
I personally refuse to buy anything with a mark-up on it and many others in this country feel the same.

Yep any unfair markup and I will not even take a second look, its pretty sad to see a game at 50% off and it still costs more then the regular US price.

In the end I just get more indie games and miss all the trash.

Last edited:
Upvote 0