• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Sideshow Event: Impressed or Disappointed?

Summer Sideshow Event: Impressed or Disappointed?

• Awesome! I'm really impressed and can't wait!!!

Votes: 157 68.9%
  • Disappointed! Another re-skin. So what?

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Not too bothered! Bring on the clowns!

Votes: 43 18.9%

• Total voters
My only complaint is I have to wait a week.... It looks great!

I remember with the Xmas zeds I didn't even know it was happening until I started a game and WTF?! So I'm jealous of anybody who that happens to.... Imagine the people who have no idea this is happening and out of nowhere they see this crazy ****. rofl. :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Protip: There's a tool in your Steam Library titled "Killing Floor SDK". You aren't satisfied with the new content? All the tools you need to make your own are readily available. I know I know, you're going to say, "But Ghost, modding is so complicated! All the people that make those custom specimens, maps, and weapons must be professionals! I am just a lowly scrub!". Let me google that for you. Now that wasn't so hard was it?

*Edit*
Oh, I see he got banned...well then...

Your post still deserves rep, or something. A beer maybe, provided you are of drinking age?

Upvote 0
So not to stir the pot some more (but I will anyway). Some people have made statements like "couldn't they just have put the same guys working on this to add weapons or new zeds". The answer is no, we couldn't have. Mappers can't make weapons, characters artists cannot code AI, and all the people that can do those things are working INSANE hours to finish RO2 :) Speaking of that, I have to crawl back into my hole and code more RO2 AI...

whats the resource usage for this update?

during christmas event it used like 2-3 times resources than normal, and we had to shutdown 20 servers to keep the other 20 running ok.

Upvote 0

during christmas event it used like 2-3 times resources than normal, and we had to shutdown 20 servers to keep the other 20 running ok.

Hmm, I run KF servers and the resource usage was basically the same as before. The new content replaces the other content, so it should basically be the same as before.

Upvote 0
TWI spoiled community and now some people want nothing but just MOAR (GUNS, NEW MONSTER, ETC...)

While I think it might be cool to have another gun and having multiply orgasms over it, I think it just gonna break game balance for good.

Why have 100 broken guns, when we can have well balanced 20. Pretty damn shame to see "disappointed" people. Well, you all may just "step right up and die."

There lots of guns in modding area, go download it. What holds you?

Reactions: kablooie!
Upvote 0
The Christmas event made me laugh. I mean, Nutpound? Killer carolers? The frigging hilarious "CHOLESTEROL DOESN'T KILL, I DO!" and "HOW 'BOUT A SLICE!?" Gingerfasts? Those were funny. (Except maybe the Christmas Scrake; that skin was too epically cool for a joke event).

This one freaks me out. I was all "wut" when I saw the Crawler replacement. The Siren is freaky. The Clots are goddamned monstrosities. The Monkey-Scrake's eyes sucked out my soul.

AND IT'S MAGNIFICENT. I'm waiting for June 30 to role around.

(I do have to say, I feel sorry for the KF players who have a phobia of clowns. Sucks to be them.)

Upvote 0
Will there be any balance/bug fixes?

This looks like one helluva event anyway. Impressed by the new graphical look of the specimens and the map seems great. Creativity at its best. Bought KF during the Christmas sale and was stunned when I found out the game only shipped with five maps and a lot less content than is available today. For that reason I'm a new TIW fan - they give us tons of stuff for free and continue to fix exploits. One of PC gaming's only hope. I pray to God they will never fall to the dark side (read: consoles) as many wonderful developers/franchises recently did (remember when Dungeon Siege was PC exclusive? Yeah that's right - when it was good).

Thank you!

Upvote 0
Hmm, I run KF servers and the resource usage was basically the same as before. The new content replaces the other content, so it should basically be the same as before.

It was resources as in it spitting out tons of error messages randomly caused our one of our CPU cores to spike to 100% each time that happened, which that happening across 40 servers that's where it became a problem.

Upvote 0
This event looks to be exactly what I thought it would be, and for the life of me I can't understand why anyone expected anything different. No one with any credibility did or said anything whatsoever to indicate that the event would offer more content than it will. Fabricating a completely arbitrary set of expectations and then crying that they weren't met is utterly ridiculous. Heads out of the clouds, children.

Upvote 0
Tripwire employees are the biggest sick minded mother ****ers in the gaming world to come out with morally/politically incorrect and disturbing content . . . And that is why I LOVE THEM! Bring on the clowns!

Oh Yea, and we get a free player and a new map that we did not have to pay for. Can't Complain about that! :D
Agreed.

With my old Clan's servers, the owner reported no spikes in resource usage. I ran a server as well during the Xmas update and didn't notice anything except one odd day of at least 1.5 more but then returned to normal.

I'm guessing some other settings need be updated.

I'm very impressed by TWI's event, I can't wait, while I agree that with some people here about it could have been better with a new Z.E.D., I can clearly see the dedication to RO2 and meh, its fine, better than fine. xD
This^^

Seeing threads like this makes me want to stop doing free content packs and special events :) It's like if I gave some of you guys a pot of gold you'd complain it was too heavy :)

FYI a "re-skin" means you just modify the texture on a model. The are completely new 3d models and textures, and full voice over replacement for every monster. That is a far cry from "just a reskin". It takes a crapload of work to do an event like this. And yes we know everyone would love to have a new monster and weapons, etc. But all of the people that do those things are busy finishing RO2 right now. So for now you'll just have to "settle" with gigantic free events like this that take months of work to create.
Heh, you can't please everyone Ramm, you guys are doing great, don't stop the feel for it for some nubs that have no appreciation for hard, dedicated work. :)

Can't wait for RO2 to come out, for now, LETS GO TO THE CIRCUS LOL!! :IS2:

Upvote 0
why is it that when people express just the slightest bit of dissatisfaction, all the kiss-asses have to jump all over those who say exactly what most people think, but are too afraid to say it? :rolleyes:

i love TW and appreciate all the work they put into their games. do i think this event looks fun? sure. it'll probably be as fun as the Christmas event was and will get me back into playing the game for a week or two.....at least it's more attractive than the "Portal", as that really didn't give me much of the "KF bug" to play more. i'm happy TW still puts work into KF after 2 years, especially while working so hard on finishing up the LONG awaited franchise sequel with RO2. but that doesn't mean that some people aren't making valid points in regards to not being satisfied with the update.

while Ramm is right in saying it's not "just a re-skin", the fact remains that this is mainly just a special event intended to bring attention to the game (i.e. more sales and undoubtedly more exposure for RO2), while giving current game owners something special to enjoy.....and rightfully so, it will be successful in those regards. however in the long run, this update (like the Christmas and Portal ones) will have no real impact as once the event is over, there was nothing added to the game to increase the average daily player numbers.....it's a sad reality.

is the update cool? yup.
is it what most every player was hoping for (i.e. new gametype, new zeds, weapons, gameplay mechanics, balance etc....)? no.
is it what most everyone expected (new map, "re-skin" zeds, achievements, character etc...)? at least for me personally, yes.
will it still be special and fun? DEFINITELY.

Upvote 0