• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Touting RO2 on Reddit and elsewhere

Thanks for doing this,more people must learn about this game

I have to admit,that i have never played a Red Orchestra game before,mainly a BF2 and Arma player.

But EA is the worst,most greedy and foolish publisher in the world i can think right now.Their marketing is so bad,and they have turned so much to consoles that i am disgusted.

BF3 was supposed to be a BF2 sequel,but no,DICE wants it to be Bad Company 3.So eat fecal matter EA,DICE and whoever is involved,i won't buy your game and ANY BF game anymore unless you do it right,and when i say it i do it

Thanks TWI for making this great game and being an excellent developer among the few left,i have already told about it to as many people I can.

Sorry if this isn't appropriate for the thread but i had to do it,if you want you can ban me ,like EA does to anyone criticizing their game

Upvote 0
Thanks for doing this,more people must learn about this game

I have to admit,that i have never played a Red Orchestra game before,mainly a BF2 and Arma player.

But EA is the worst,most greedy and foolish publisher in the world i can think right now.Their marketing is so bad,and they have turned so much to consoles that i am disgusted.

BF3 was supposed to be a BF2 sequel,but no,DICE wants it to be Bad Company 3.So eat fecal matter EA,DICE and whoever is involved,i won't buy your game and ANY BF game anymore unless you do it right,and when i say it i do it

Thanks TWI for making this great game and being an excellent developer among the few left,i have already told about it to as many people I can.

Funny thing about the EA banning people who talked about bad about their game was it wasn't the first time as they did many times before when BC2 was released way before DA2. So their excuses "oh it was a mistake" were hilarious.

Also you should get RO since it is only $10 now and RO is basically battlefield and ARMA combined.

Upvote 0
I always try to post about RO2 where ever and when ever I can. I posted in pretty much every single one of those Reddit posts trying to explain to people what they're missing out on if they don't know about the game and the studio behind it.

This ^ When people on forums I frequent go on about how BF3 will be the truly best PC shooter of 2011, I hop in all like "Lolno." :IS2:

Upvote 0
I remember talking to an RnL friend and asked him why he was not excited about RO2. He said he preferred RnL as he didn't like all the HUD stuff in RO2. It was an easy task to tell him about how it was, but one would hope that important things like this won't be misinterpreted by people. I would guess that is what is most difficult, not to get people to like the game but to get them to realize it.

Reactions: aD.Luoson
Upvote 0
Red Orchestra 2, Skyrim (PC) and even Battlefield 3 (PC) are ideal games to buy to show developers and publishers what they should really be doing.

1) Red Orchestra brings a lot of new features, big and small. Lots of attention to detail whilst keeping all those lovely features we had since the beginning of games (like customisable server options).

2) Skyrim is going to be a quality game although it may not stun you as much as Morrowind did. All the big monsters are sure to give you some sort of new enjoyable experience. Buying this for the PC will say "Hey. You guys. Focus your attention on the PC!". The PC version also has a toolset so expect mod content.

3) Battlefield 3...Well. I dislike it. But whatever. They are making this game primarily for PC. Now I'm not 100% sure how much effort has gone into this and there are some definite photoshopped ramped up images of in game footage which I disprove of but buying this game isn't necessarily a bad thing. It just confirms that developers should focus on the PC more than the console. Hopefully bringing about more development in the PC area.

Upvote 0
Red Orchestra 2, Skyrim (PC) and even Battlefield 3 (PC) are ideal games to buy to show developers and publishers what they should really be doing.

I don't consider BF3 as a good example of what developers and publishers should be doing, aside from the engine, which is quite impressive. The bull#### over pre-order exclusive content and forcing people to use EA's bloatware program to download their games digitally have only managed to steer some people away.

Reactions: Waroxed and Apos
Upvote 0
I don't consider BF3 as a good example of what developers and publishers should be doing, aside from the engine, which is quite impressive. The bull#### over pre-order exclusive content and forcing people to use EA's bloatware program to download their games digitally have only managed to steer some people away.
I'd be the last person the defend EA, but I think I should let you know that the pre-order "Physical Warfare" pack won't be exclusive, they will release those weapons and weapon mods later for free.

They call it a "time-based exclusive".

Upvote 0
3) Battlefield 3...Well. I dislike it. But whatever. They are making this game primarily for PC. Now I'm not 100% sure how much effort has gone into this and there are some definite photoshopped ramped up images of in game footage which I disprove of but buying this game isn't necessarily a bad thing. It just confirms that developers should focus on the PC more than the console. Hopefully bringing about more development in the PC area.

No mod tools = not a real PC game.

Upvote 0
I'd be the last person the defend EA, but I think I should let you know that the pre-order "Physical Warfare" pack won't be exclusive, they will release those weapons and weapon mods later for free.

They call it a "time-based exclusive".

Which of course was their plan all along (sarcasm)
Still dislike the idea of free expansion packs for the pre-order people.
As if normal day one buys are less worthy or something.

Just give a nice gimmick, not expansion packs 15 euros worth...
But hey, thats my opinion.
Gonna miss it anyway because EA kicks me from all their servers anyway for some mysterious reason.

Upvote 0
2) Skyrim is going to be a quality game although it may not stun you as much as Morrowind did. All the big monsters are sure to give you some sort of new enjoyable experience. Buying this for the PC will say "Hey. You guys. Focus your attention on the PC!". The PC version also has a toolset so expect mod content.

Ahem...

Consoles to be lead platform for Skyrim

Upvote 0