• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

You presented evidence to this guy? Why?

(btw., in my head you don't actually have a Turkish girlfriend, but your real girlfriend talked to him with a Turkish dictionary in her hand. Like the bit in Star Trek 6 where Ohura tricks the Klingons. Stupid Klingon/Turkish laugh and everything. But that's just in my head, don't let it bother you...)

Again, why are you doing this for this guy? Do you want to get on his good side? Win him over? That joker sent you a message full of insults, man. You don't owe him jack. Just ignore him and be done with it.
If he's as stupid as he seems he isn't worth more, and if he's deliberately rattling your cage you're dancing for him. Just stop it.

Upvote 0
I like replying to angry messages in a polite and civilized way. Makes me feel good that I'm the better man. But also because I want people to like me and I like discussing. If I'm able to calm him down I could learn why he acted that way.

He replied again, he stopped the insults somewhat but was still unable to contribute to the discussion. He just ignored any criticism I made because in the 19th century there was a genocide in Congo by belgians. I have no idea what my part in that genocide was but I guess it makes me unable to criticise anything according to him.

Silly humans and their emotions.

Reactions: Vintage and kapulA
Upvote 0
Out of the blue yesterday my son asked me, "Name a song."
I knew he was talking about one for him to play on the guitar.
So I threw him one I didn't think he knew or could play, "Jessica by the Allman Brothers."
He left the room. I knew I'd stumped him. :p

Lo and behold, after dinner tonite, he brings my acoustic guitar to me and shows me a little rythm rift he wants me to play. After I've got it to his satisfaction, he plugs in his Les Paul and begins to rip off Duane Allman's lead in "Jessica." My jaw dropped.

He plays a pretty mean guitar but I wasn't expecting that. And certainly not so quickly. He smiled and told me his goal this summer was to learn 3 new songs a week and again to "Name a song."

"OK smartass, how about "In the Open" from early Stevie (Ray) Vaughan and Double Trouble 'In the Beginning....Live'? That should keep him busy....:D
YouTube - ‪Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - In The Open‬‏

If and when he gets that one down pat, I'll switch gears and demand 'Samba Pa Ti'. If indeed he learns those three in a week (while working 40+ hours/week in the 100 degree heat), I'll quit farming and start booking his tour......

Reactions: PNV and Shadrach
Upvote 0
Have you ever heard of a guy by the name of Gary Hoey? Y'oughtta start him with some of those. :D

Out of the blue yesterday my son asked me, "Name a song."
I knew he was talking about one for him to play on the guitar.
So I threw him one I didn't think he knew or could play, "Jessica by the Allman Brothers."
He left the room. I knew I'd stumped him. :p

Lo and behold, after dinner tonite, he brings my acoustic guitar to me and shows me a little rythm rift he wants me to play. After I've got it to his satisfaction, he plugs in his Les Paul and begins to rip off Duane Allman's lead in "Jessica." My jaw dropped.

He plays a pretty mean guitar but I wasn't expecting that. And certainly not so quickly. He smiled and told me his goal this summer was to learn 3 new songs a week and again to "Name a song."

"OK smartass, how about "In the Open" from early Stevie (Ray) Vaughan and Double Trouble 'In the Beginning....Live'? That should keep him busy....:D
YouTube - ‪Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - In The Open‬‏

If and when he gets that one down pat, I'll switch gears and demand 'Samba Pa Ti'. If indeed he learns those three in a week (while working 40+ hours/week in the 100 degree heat), I'll quit farming and start booking his tour......

Upvote 0
It's clearly a conspiracy.

I'll get the hats.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
It has been thunderstorming (thunder, lightning, and rain) without ceasing for the past 4 hours. It's kind of ridiculous. There have been over 1500 lightning strikes per every 15 minutes across North Georgia consistently for the last 2 hours.
Missed this yesterday. Send some this way. Though the Mississippi River was at all time highs just over the levee, we haven't had a rain since May 2. Temps have been 100F. Crops are toast.....:(

Upvote 0
So what you mean to tell us is that you, in fact, do NOT actually look like whoever else you have in your signature?
In all seriousness though, make sure you're not sleeping on a cheese-grater and if, for whatever reason, you have to, make sure you switch sides every other night.

In even more seriousness: Pics, Gibby!

BUT I HAVE SO MUCH ACNE ON MY FAEC IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY. But alright, once I grow it out again.

In other news, and to my utter suprise, being furry saved my sanity for the night. Late at night, I heard this horrid, painful, otherworldy scream. I thought someone was getting violently stabbed or something. Then I just remembered something that you just pick up at some point for being in this fandumb:

So thanks to this knowledge, I knew that it's not something from the darkest parts of Mordor that was on my doorstep. All I had to worry about after was if it was a mating call. :eek:

Upvote 0