• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] World of Warplanes

I hope it is set in the 1960-70s or later. Mirage 3s, MIG-23s, F-100s, ect. I I just hope it is not another WWII flight game. Not nearly as interesting as jets, and we have two WWII flight games right now.

This will appeal to me much more so than WWII tanks. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

And isn't the bottom F-15 picture promotional art for Ace Combat Zero?

Upvote 0
I hope it is set in the 1960-70s or later. Mirage 3s, MIG-23s, F-100s, ect. I I just hope it is not another WWII flight game. Not nearly as interesting as jets, and we have two WWII flight games right now.

This will appeal to me much more so than WWII tanks. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

And isn't the bottom F-15 picture promotional art for Ace Combat Zero?
I wouldn't know about the Ace Combat F-15 but I think it was said around 1930-1950's maybe 60's.

Upvote 0
considering how popular world of tanks is i wouldnt be surprised if they can easily hire enough extra people to work on both.
True, but if the devs are working on both WoT and WoW even with some extra help on WoW, it makes me wonder how are they going to reach the deadlines like they said of WoT Patch 6.5 end of June (something like that)?

It makes me wonder, are they beginning to milk their arcade style of gaming?

Upvote 0
considering how popular world of tanks is i wouldnt be surprised if they can easily hire enough extra people to work on both.

Aye as far as I'm aware its, for the most part two completely separate teams. I can remember reading something on the WoT forum towards the end of last year about wargaming's numbers and they really had been expanding significantly.

Without any real information out about it all I can think is how hilariously horrible warplanes would be with the current vehicle physics in WoT. :D

Upvote 0
Its going to be 1930's planes to 1950's, so expect some jets i guess.

But i actually cant wait for this, i had thought of the idea a while back but actually cant belive they announced it, i imagine it will be a lot faster pace with dog fights, but i wonder what type of planes you can fly eg bombers, fighters, scout planes and what would the objective be other than killing each other, will have to wait and see i guess :]

Upvote 0
Is this game different from World of Planes by Gaijin?

http://www.gaijinent.com/en/games/worldofplanes/

If so, looks like there will be two plane MMOs. And Considering Gaijin's is more sim like with cockpits then this is the clear winner. My only issue is that I don't like MMOs. I would prefer a normal light simulator/game, or a full simulator.

Edit: Indeed, this is a separate game. Interesting to see two devs working on similar games. World of Planes has more potential since they are going more indepth in the plane modeling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0