• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Offtopic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Hi,
can we stop being so paranoid about going off topic in the offtopic section, please?
Someone constantly deletes my oh-so-clever quips and ... I don't like it, pardon my French.

If you want to steer something back on topic, write "get back on topic"! Don't just silently remove posts left and right because you don't think they fit.
Adults are talking here.
This isn't the suggestions forum where factual points and opinions about certain topics are collected, or the support forum where people want help and not discussions about random crap.
This is a place for us to hang out and talk about stuff! Stuff that's determined by the topic title, of course, I get that. I know how a forum works. But god forbid people veer into side topics on page 52. It happens.

Let it happen!

When it gets out of hand, say something. Most of the time that's enough. Think back and you'll agree. If someone's really a deliberate a-hole and ignores your warnings, do whatever it is you do with your awesome moderator-powers, but for god's sake, leave us regular, communicating-like-people people alone and allow us to post things that venture into asides, things that could be offensive (within reason), and maybe even things zips doesn't like...:rolleyes:

Can we please pull the stick out of our collective arses and behave like people again?

This is not a demand. I know there is no freedom of speech on internet forums. I know I'm just a jack-*** who hangs around here but contributes nothing but his stupid opinion without ever having been asked for it. No, this is not a demand. Just a plea to our beloved authorities to relax a little.

I'm tired of coming here to harvest the fruit of my satirical stabs / unfounded, stupid remarks only to find them gone along with whole strands of discussions...

Mods can pretty much do whatever they like as long as it is in accord with the forum rules and you'll have to accept that. And if we're honest the only problems there are in this section is when certain individuals try to insult other certain individuals, which is then usually dealt with by mod force, as it should be.

Upvote 0
Hi,
can we stop being so paranoid about going off topic in the offtopic section, please?
Someone constantly deletes my oh-so-clever quips and ... I don't like it, pardon my French.

1st: Off Topic means threads in this area don't have a specific subject. Hence it's name. It does not mean that you can go off the topic within an individual thread.

2nd: Clever or not, if you respond to a troll post, the whole train of thought is going to get nuked. Sorry if your feelings get hurt, it is not our intention.

Upvote 0
TWI forums should hold the record for thread derailment, especially the KF section. Back before christmas, EVERY discussion would turn into the M14.

Youve never read the STEAM forums or infact any modern game forums :) the TWI and PR forums are about the most mature gaming forums and pretty much only forum I post on. People or kids these days expect the first release of any game they buy to be 100% perfect which is for the most part considering the variety of peoples gaming machines and connections imposible.

Upvote 0
Usually happens on page 2.;)
Haha, shhh! Trying to make a point here...
TWI forums should hold the record for thread derailment, especially the KF section. Back before christmas, EVERY discussion would turn into the M14.
It shouldn't happen in the KF section, because whatever value you or I, personally, put on the discussions going on in that cesspool, technically they are valuable collections of thoughts on topics that should not be disrupted by clowns. In my personal opinion, they also shouldn't be disrupted by unfriendly and chronic nay-sayers who just live to pick other people's ideas apart and if our regime here would go against that a little stronger the place might actually be fun to post for someone other than trolls-by-nature.

The offtopic section is different though because the topics here are not valuable. They are offtopic by default!
They are just topics, in the truest sense of the word, that personalities here can talk about so they can share their over-zealous opinions time and time again.
It's like a sit-com! With an outrageous Austrian dude, a militant no-sell-out military gamer, a handful of voices-of-reason that just make the insanity around them stand out more, and a load of funny guest-stars. The only thing we're missing for a true sit-com is a fat guy who's engaged with a hot chick, but I'm working on that.:cool:

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm here, to a large part, because of the comedy. Sure, I want to know about the newest developments in gaming and I value on-topic posts, but I also love it when Grobut starts ranting about crappy ports and when newcomers drop by and throw "RO2 IS SUPERIOR" tantrums because they think we must all be like that and they belong.:p

This isn't a black and white issue. I'm not saying we're a poor, cruelly oppressed forum-people who would like to turn this place of absolute order into a Sodom and Gomorrah of pure chaos.
What we have here is a very gray area. We're relatively on topic, most of the time and we have a lot of stupid hen-picking going on, which is great. I almost love the status quo!
It's just that lately I've seen more posts disappear than usual, which may or may not be just my impression and I would like to ask the mod responsible to check his inner moral compass if it's still in Podium-Alignment and, if necessary, to recalibrate it to the level we're used to.

Carry on with the - in the grand scheme of things - good work.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nah, that only happens to you. ;)
Out of all the infractions I got over the last 5 years and on the old forum before that only 1 was due to "Insulted other member(s)" and that was also not directly aimed at an individual. So yes, in fact it's not me with the personal attacks at all and two people who regurlarly post in this section should know that as they both recently got an infraction for insulting me(yes you).

So again, the forum authority is acting totally ok at the moment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So what kind of trains do you guys like? This is my favorite:

japan-train.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.