• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Uber Tuber...

Undedd Jester

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 31, 2009
Sheffield, England
I've asked this a number of times, but its gotten lost in amoungst the depths of the forums, so I figured I would put this forward direct.

My concern is that the potato "Uber Tuber" achievement is going to be a permanent achievement for the game, thus preventing anyone who didn't get it during the event from ever unlocking it. Unless it is gonna be deleted once this portal stuff is over it will irk me constantly. So whats gonna happen with this achievement? Is it going to stay? Is the potato going to disappear and prevent anyone ever unlocking it again?

Reason I ask is it would be real gutting to finally get to 99% complete only to find I need that 1 unobtainable achievement to complete the game.

If the achievement does stick around after the update, my suggestion would be to make into a proper KF achievement, perhaps with a token to the KF mod.

E.g. Off the top of my head

Spoiler!

Would be a great final stamp to complete the game :)

Last edited:
Although my friends and I have gained the achievement. I would happlily hand it back in favour of this achievement.

I'm not a fan of achievments, they're a bit of fun but otherwise just unneeded padding. But when they go out their way to show the player something. ie backstory. Then they get my support.

I'd love to see this in place.

Upvote 0
Even though I got both uber tuber and golden potato. Its a bit silly to have unreachable achievements. They should either be reinstated or removed completely. Leaving them unattainable only leads to some frustrated players.

The twisted christmas achievements, which I failed to get because I was new then, do not worry me as much. I believe (hope?) they will be available again next christmas. I just hope I am not wrong on this one :)

Reactions: Undedd Jester
Upvote 0
This is probably gonna get me downvoted, but I've to say no.
Those achievements are part of promotional events, just like all the no longer achievable models.
Difference is: models actually have an effect on the game itself, while achievements are just useless.
So why make a exception just because some people want to e-peen ?

Upvote 0
I suppose I can loosely see the arguement, but I disagree.

Firstly there is a difference between e-peening and merely trying to "complete" the game. Achievements represent a goal to be achieved within the game. They are there so that a player can achieve them. Why have an achievement that cannot be achieved? Its redundant.

The Portal achievements are promotional sure, but you cannot compare them to models. Models are different. People actually PAYED for their exclusive models. Achievements only available during a certain time of year? Fine, as long as there is another chance to get them. They are still achievable.

Furthermore models don't have an effect on the game, they merely change the appearance of the player, nothing more. That is the exact reason they are sold as DLC, because tripwire don't want to split the community. Achievements however are actually part of the game, they are something you unlock by completeing objectives within the game, and should still be attainable for new players, otherwise they have fewer things to aim for than their predeccesors. Whether you agree with achievements or not, you are techinically giving them less of a game.

Lastly why on earth is the golden potato still there if there is no reason for it? It makes no sense to open the door since you put yourself in a compromising position trying to get inside. The content of the map is therefore completely useless.

Promotional or not, achievements should be attainable somehow, regardless of when the game is bought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is probably gonna get me downvoted, but I've to say no.
Those achievements are part of promotional events, just like all the no longer achievable models.
Difference is: models actually have an effect on the game itself, while achievements are just useless.
So why make a exception just because some people want to e-peen ?

no point in down voting ( ifeel that button is used far to easily by most people)

but to counter that opion by not bringing it back or removing it from achivement list they are already letting people stroke their e-peen, just a differnt group of people.

Upvote 0
The only complaint I could understand would be from people who just bought the game and never had a chance to get it. If there was a way to make it not show up on their achievement list, that would make the most sense... but I'm gonna assume that is either tedious or not even possible at all.

As for everybody who had the chance to get it but decided not to for whatever reason, I don't have any sympathy. If you care about achievements as much as you seem to, you would already have it simply because it was fairly obvious it was going to go away.... it was a bloody promotion! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not neccessarily.

I personally thought the achievements would go away after the promotion because the only reason they existed was to find clues for the ARG. I didn't bother with them because by the time I got round to them they had already been solved :)

I did ask if they were sticking around or not several times, this thread included if you look at the date, but I never got an answer :)

I'm quite happy for them to be here, as long as they can still be achieved, but I would prefer they are added to Killing Floor as a proper achievement for Killing Floor, not just some random Portal based achievement. Lets face it, the hype has gone by, it no longer makes any sense :)

Upvote 0
I agree with jester, and think it's completely pointless to have a one-time achievement.

It isn't fair for people who were busy/inactive/unavailable around the time of the potato hype and isn't fair for new players.

Should either be removed or changed!

and how is it fair to those of us who actually took the time to get it if you remove/change it?

Upvote 0
and how is it fair to those of us who actually took the time to get it if you remove/change it?

They were promotional, promotions over, achievement is invalid :)

Nah I'm just poking fun

Seriously though the arguement "You can't get this achievement because it was promotional" is a very flimsy arguement. The addition of these achievements came with the map kf-aperture, why should an achievement inherant to this map suddenly stop functioning if the map is still here?

In regards to Uber Tuber, its only purpose for adding it was to find a clue to the ARG to get Portal 2 released early. Surely now the ARG is solved and Portal 2 is released the achievement is now served its purpose and doesn't have a reason to be in the game anymore. If however it is going to stay as an achievement, it should still be attainable for other players.

I know I'm harping on about this alot, but I attained all of the original achievements for Killing Floor, I plan to do the same for all these new achievements, just because its something to do. If however I'm going to be permanently stuck on 99% because I didn't have the time to get a party together to actually go for these achievements during the ARG I won't bother at all, becuase it will constantly erk me to see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
imo people should care less about achievements, BUT I really like the "running around like insects" idea. an achievement for going epic mode against the patty plus a little bit of lore thrown in is exactly what this game needs. Maybe we should have a map achievement category for doing this

Upvote 0