• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Bank

Sorry guys, I was on a long hiatus but I'm back. I've finished my college now. I'm a mechanical engineer!!! Huzzah!

Anyways, I couldn't just leave this awesome map alone... so I have finished it!!!!!! YESSS. After 2 years, map is finally finished. I will soon post the link in the beta section. See you all soon.

Congrats in finishing engineering mate! :IS2:

Can't wait for the release of your map. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you JEmmaB and HaTeMe!! The beta is out. Let me know of any glitches

I just played the map and it looks great but it will never get whitelisted with the moving cart thingy and elevators :(

I suggest making 2 versions of the map if you want to keep those things, one with the movers and one without (meaning other one could be whitelisted and other kept as a non-whitelisted funmap). Also if you gonna have access to rooftops you need more paths for specimens to get up there otherwise its gonna be extremely easy to hold out in (which also could mean the map wont be whitelisted).

Oh and it takes FOREVER for specimens to reach you, so it would be nice to have more spawns within the actual area not just behind the mountains or where ever they are :)

Just take it as a friendly advice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just played the map and it looks great but it will never get whitelisted with the moving cart thingy and elevators :(

I suggest making 2 versions of the map if you want to keep those things, one with the movers and one without (meaning other one could be whitelisted and other kept as a non-whitelisted funmap). Also if you gonna have access to rooftops you need more paths for specimens to get up there otherwise its gonna be extremely easy to hold out in (which also could mean the map wont be whitelisted).

Oh and it takes FOREVER for specimens to reach you, so it would be nice to have more spawns within the actual area not just behind the mountains or where ever they are :)

Just take it as a friendly advice.

Thanks for the suggestions HaTeMe, I'm gonna make some changes now like adding more spawns. I'm also gonna make a straight path for the car instead of making turns so it looks better. Also I have no intentions of taking the movers out. Its one of the things I like in maps where I can interact with things and many of the players I played with also agree. If the person incharge doesn't want to whitelist the map its ok. Lots of players don't mind that they can't progress their perk in maps, 35 player servers for example. I'm gonna take my chances but i'll make those changes u suggested.

Upvote 0
Specimens have a very difficult time walking up the stairwell from the ground floor on the right side of the bank. They usually get bunched up at the entrances as they congregate in this area since this is literally the only path specimens can take. However, even then they rarely manage to make it to the upper floors since they keep trying to walk on the outside of the stair's rails, instantly falling back down only to repeat the process.

Honestly, the path specimens have to take to get to the roof is pretty bad. Starting at ground level, they all have to bunch up at one side the bank, walk up several flights of narrow stairs, walk to the other side of the building, walk up another flight of stairs, walk again to other side of the building, and finally walk up another flight of narrow stairs to a single door that a single Support on the roof can hold since only a few specimens could get close enough to attack it at a time. Specimens essentially never get this far, though.

Specimens also get stuck at the top of the water tower. If for some reason they decide to go up there, they tend to simply stop moving. The Patriarch went into a catatonic state here once, and it made the whole boss wave less than challenging.

Upvote 0
Specimens have a very difficult time walking up the stairwell from the ground floor on the right side of the bank. They usually get bunched up at the entrances as they congregate in this area since this is literally the only path specimens can take. However, even then they rarely manage to make it to the upper floors since they keep trying to walk on the outside of the stair's rails, instantly falling back down only to repeat the process.

Honestly, the path specimens have to take to get to the roof is pretty bad. Starting at ground level, they all have to bunch up at one side the bank, walk up several flights of narrow stairs, walk to the other side of the building, walk up another flight of stairs, walk again to other side of the building, and finally walk up another flight of narrow stairs to a single door that a single Support on the roof can hold since only a few specimens could get close enough to attack it at a time. Specimens essentially never get this far, though.

Specimens also get stuck at the top of the water tower. If for some reason they decide to go up there, they tend to simply stop moving. The Patriarch went into a catatonic state here once, and it made the whole boss wave less than challenging.

You're right the zeds have a hard time to get to the roof. I should have made the stairs wider. Since I'm not upto making new brushes and redoing stair cases. what do you suggest? I've already made spawn points inside the building and made the zeds do triple damage to the doors.

Upvote 0