• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maby a M16A2 in the future?

Baker Dozen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 10, 2009
Maby we could add a M16A2 in the future updates to add some more world wide verity to the game like the AK47 and katana there just is not much American feel to it besides the 9MM but i thought a M16A2 would be awesome in the game since it is used world wide by England (Some Royal Marines) and by the U.S. (Of course) and some other nations so just a thought and wanted to put it out there :D

Most people are vehemently opposed to adding the m4 or m-16 simply due to the fact that it is american, and this takes place in england. There also isn't much of a point, with the L22 (bulllpup) considering they fire the same sized round, and aside from that, have only minor differences.

The AK somewhat makes sense, considering it's an extremely popular, reliable, and powerful weapon. Same with the desert eagle (though it's more of a showpiece imo. The 1911 would have been much more realistic and effective).

The Beretta (9mil) is Italian btw.

Upvote 0
i think da same

i think da same

i have butted many times of weapon suggestions in the different weapon ideas and places and i too support idea of m16 cause i digg like the clod war guns but not so much WW II i have butted weapons like:mp5A3 (with laser aim dot or without),m16,m60,spas 12,colt 1911,uzi,glock 18(with extended clip,auto and semi adjusted

and i dont have any idea why im talking this sensless **** :eek: :cool:

but wanna just say support your idead

Upvote 0
There are too many games which use M16 or M4A1 for killing, seem to be boring ! I like the way Tripwire Interactive put weapons in KF, very unique. L85 Bullpup and AK are enough, if more weapons are added to the game, it will take the developer much more time to adjust the balance of those weapons, it is not easy...

That's an L22.

And everything else is perfectly correct.

Though on the KFL 20 slot server the M4* and FAL* are quite popular, in fact i like the M4 and use it a hell of a lot.

*The M4 and FAL are custom guns, the M$ was made exclusively for the KFL server and the FAL by the ridgy-didge blokes at WPC.

i have butted many times of weapon suggestions in the different weapon ideas and places and i too support idea of m16 cause i digg like the clod war guns but not so much WW II i have butted weapons like:mp5A3 (with laser aim dot or without),m16,m60,spas 12,colt 1911,uzi,glock 18(with extended clip,auto and semi adjusted

and i dont have any idea why im talking this sensless **** :eek: :cool:

but wanna just say support your idead

Yeah, those are really, really, really, generic amercan cowadooty weapons, and a lot of your terminology is wrong.

You most likely are referring to weapons with a stock, a red dot sight, a plethora of generic weapons, a Glock 18 with 33 round magazine and what i think you mean as a select-fire switch.

Many people on these forums know me as really ****-retentive about firearms, but they also know i want everyone to be right so no-one is wrong :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CandleJack, I think sometimes you should just relax and look at what people are trying to get across as an idea, even if it isn't perfectly accurate in terms of terminology and detail.

It's cool that you know a lot about guns, but you expect everybody else to know every single model, origin and spec on every single weapon, and that's pretty unrealistic and patronizing to some people.

Anyway, I think you have to look at what has to be done to make your idea playable. I mean, the developers would have to design a new assault rifle, balance it all out with the current game play, maybe provide something new (and balanced) because there are already 3 assault rifles.

I think its a little pointless at this stage, at least until the next tier of weapons are released.

And KF is a game based in England, not America!

Upvote 0
CandleJack, I think sometimes you should just relax and look at what people are trying to get across as an idea, even if it isn't perfectly accurate in terms of terminology and detail.

It's cool that you know a lot about guns, but you expect everybody else to know every single model, origin and spec on every single weapon, and that's pretty unrealistic and patronizing to some people.

Anyway, I think you have to look at what has to be done to make your idea playable. I mean, the developers would have to design a new assault rifle, balance it all out with the current game play, maybe provide something new (and balanced) because there are already 3 assault rifles.

I think its a little pointless at this stage, at least until the next tier of weapons are released.

And KF is a game based in England, not America!

It's not just the terminology used, it's also the semantic structure. Too much confusion and inaccuracy to convey the message.

Granted, he's Finnish and his English is better than my Finnish, but i'm sure Google Translate could help.

EDIT: i don't expect all of that on every single gun, but a few basic bits of information isn't that much to ask, is it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In almost every weapon suggestion thread, someone always has an issue with non-British weaponry. I think it's quite silly...

Consider the following weapons and their nation of origin:

M32 - South Africa
M79 - United States
SCAR - Belgium
AK-47 - Russia
MP7 - Germany
MAC-10 - United States
9mm (Beretta) - Italy
Handcannon (IMI or Magnum Research Desert Eagle) - United States or Israel
LAR (Winchester) - United States
M14 EBR - United States
Shotgun (Benelli M3) - Italy
AA-12 - United States

Now, we just need a sticky post in each forum instructing people not to mention CoD or associated weapons so the masses don't get riled up. Over a game they don't even play.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Most people are vehemently opposed to adding the m4 or m-16 simply due to the fact that it is american, and this takes place in england. There also isn't much of a point, with the L22 (bulllpup) considering they fire the same sized round, and aside from that, have only minor differences.

The AK somewhat makes sense, considering it's an extremely popular, reliable, and powerful weapon. Same with the desert eagle (though it's more of a showpiece imo. The 1911 would have been much more realistic and effective).

The Beretta (9mil) is Italian btw.

Brotip: The L22 fires .22LR, not 5.56x45mm NATO. That's why it's such a POS unperked.

Upvote 0
In almost every weapon suggestion thread, someone always has an issue with non-British weaponry. I think it's quite silly...

Consider the following weapons and their nation of origin:

M32 - South Africa
M79 - United States
SCAR - Belgium
AK-47 - Russia
MP7 - Germany
MAC-10 - United States
9mm (Beretta) - Italy
Handcannon (IMI or Magnum Research Desert Eagle) - United States or Israel
LAR (Winchester) - United States
M14 EBR - United States
Shotgun (Benelli M3) - Italy
AA-12 - United States

Now, we just need a sticky post in each forum instructing people not to mention CoD or associated weapons so the masses don't get riled up. Over a game they don't even play.:rolleyes:

i think it's more that they don't like the "generic cowadooty guns" as opposed to just not British, and lets face it, how many M16's do you see in Britain? (the answer is very few in the military and little to none in civilian hands)

Upvote 0
Brotip: The L22 fires .22LR, not 5.56x45mm NATO. That's why it's such a POS unperked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_weapon_L_numbers
Nope.

In a nutshell.

The only real difference would be cosmetic.

Tripwire made three assault rifles, each of different caliber, rate of fire, with dramatically different magazine sizes. That way each weapon is interesting and unique and fills a role in the game.

The M4 is almost functionally identical to a L85 carbine, I agree with you Krieg.

Plus, I'm almost positive that some modders have already custom made an M-16 for anyone who has any lingering interest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The M4 is almost functionally identical to a L85 carbine, I agree with you Krieg.

Plus, I'm almost positive that some modders have already custom made an M-16 for anyone who has any lingering interest.

Though on the KFL 20 slot server the M4* and FAL* are quite popular, in fact i like the M4 and use it a hell of a lot.

*The M4 and FAL are custom guns, the M$ was made exclusively for the KFL server and the FAL by the ridgy-didge blokes at WPC.

You are correct, good sir :)

Upvote 0
What I don't get is the desire for an American feel...most Americans would agree with me that if its a British setting, then it should be weapons that most fit/would be found in Britain.

Anyways, its been modded in for those that want it. And, also, why is there so much necro'ing?! I leave for a little vacationing and check in to find some very strange threads up and about.

Upvote 0

Sorry bro, perks don't exist in real life. The bullpup is weak for balance purposes, not because its real life equivalent supposedly fires a certain type of bullet.

What I don't get is the desire for an American feel...

Because every other game they've played is American and they feel that it's unnatural for it to be anything else.

Upvote 0