• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor for the iPhone/iPad!

ljM

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Wigan, England
Well today, my iPhone4 came in the post, and as I am currently setting it up, in between browsing the forums, I thought hey? what if there is a killing floor app on the iStore? As I expected, there was no results from TWI.

So how about a mini, dumbed down and most of all portable game of KF!?

I don't mean it has to be the full game, nor does it have to be multiplayer and merge with PC players.

I just mean an app like any other on the iphone, that is fun to pick up and play with ease.

You could just have a screen shot of a common camping spot (long corridor on offices, U-room or corridor on biotics etc) and you can choose your perk, even have the option of using another perks "ability" at the side, on a cooldown, almost like you are calling backup from your teammates!

For example, the sharp shooter icon, and when you select it, a scrake gets stunned, or a fleshpound takes a lot of damage (but beware, it will rage!) a demo icon for when there is a big cluster, all the specimens blow up!

There could be multiple difficulties of course!

I'm not gonna go into too much detail, I will leave it to your imaginations. Was just a quick thought I had!

Last edited:
I remember watching my friend play Cowadooty: Yatzee Zombehs on his iPod, and this somewhat reminds me of that.

Yes, a less challenging game, but one tailored for the less precise console.

I believe it was fun, for what it was.

So i conclude that a KF-Pod port such as you describe would be fantastic, for specimentacide on the go :D

Upvote 0
Yes thats right! What would your ideal KF-Pod (nice name!!! haha) be like?

For me, I'd keep it relatively simple, a pick up and play KF, no difficult controls or anything!

Just a simple screenshot of a map which acts as a background, with your weapons/perk/health/armour etc in the foreground. The specimens could come in paths, each difficulty means more paths, with beginner being 1 or 2, with HoE being up to 7 or 8 paths in which you have to deal with specimens!

I think u should be able to select what team you want, in which u choose ur own perk, and 5 other team mates perk.

At the side of ur screen, there is a tappable icon for each perk.

For medic, you recieve a small heal.
For support, a large amount of damage with a hunting shotgun hits all paths/specimens within a 20m radius.
For demo, all specimens/paths on screen recieve a certain amount of damage (big cooldown)
For SS, one of the paths recieves a large amount of damage from an XBOW bolt.
For berserker, all specimens within close range die instantly (JUST LIKE REAL KF!!)
For firebug, all specimens on a path recieve a DOT of fire damage!
And finally, for commando, all the small specimens recieve a certain amount of damage while you or ur team are focused on the big ones!

I think this would allow for some fast paced, quick thinking yet relatively simple game play suitable for a portable pod!

Upvote 0
I am soon getting my android device (Samsung galaxy s 2) and i will be reminding myself of some java syntax. Maybe there is someone out there on TWI forums who codes in java (even better: java on embedded devices) and wants to assemble a small team/group to try to make a little kf port. With a little bit of community support, we could even put it through to the app store!

What do you think?

Janek566

Upvote 0
I honestly think Podding Floor would be a great idea! It'd definitely have to go cheap, though.

Although, I have always thought an arcade cabinet railshooter where the two players use a handcannon each. The handcannon would be life-sized, make a great big boom from the game's speakers, and like the newer time-crisis games, have a working slide, with a heavy weight in it somewhere that makes the plasticy gun feel like it has a bit of recoil, every time you blow a clot's head apart. :p

Upvote 0
I honestly think Podding Floor would be a great idea! It'd definitely have to go cheap, though.

Although, I have always thought an arcade cabinet railshooter where the two players use a handcannon each. The handcannon would be life-sized, make a great big boom from the game's speakers, and like the newer time-crisis games, have a working slide, with a heavy weight in it somewhere that makes the plasticy gun feel like it has a bit of recoil, every time you blow a clot's head apart. :p

This.

I would play this so much.

It's a shame no one else would here because it's not cod :(

Upvote 0