• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The next BIG THING.

The next BIG THING.

• Total voters
It really interesting to image how could weapons or custom be introduced into kf, without becoming tf2(mess).

Right now, I really love how kf is "compact" and provides 100% of joy, without bs.
I join ranked server, everything in right place... no overpowered weapons, no problems.

However I really would love to see more high-quality content (you spoiled me TWI). ....

Upvote 0
I don't give a crap about character DLC pack to be honest.

For me, I'm not paying $2 for 4 characters. I'm paying $2 for 1 character.
I'm not sure if it's just my taste distinct from the public, or it's what tripwire trying to achieve.

But ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, there are only ONE character I will use in a DLC pack. No offence, but it's just simply the other 3 looks like crap.

I want more weapons. Yes, the ones in the list is not enough for me. I want more variables to kill specimens. This is the ONLY update I'm looking forward to.

Upvote 0

I'm not sure if it's just my taste distinct from the public, or it's what tripwire trying to achieve.

But ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, there are only ONE character I will use in a DLC pack. No offence, but it's just simply the other 3 looks like crap.

I want more weapons. Yes, the ones in the list is not enough for me. I want more variables to kill specimens. This is the ONLY update I'm looking forward to.

You sound like a brat.

Upvote 0

You never even bothered to say "please". ****.

Upvote 0
You never even bothered to say "please". ****.

They are charging $2 legit dollar for 4 RE-SKINNED characters. It doesn't take much effort to do that. And how many people are buying those DLC packs? They are earning pretty damn well. (I hate money hunger people, best example - Valve.) - Example: They are charging nearly the same price as the game - Portal 2 for a APPEARANCE pack. Also asking people to pay to buy better gears in TF2, if that's not money hunger, I don't know what is.

And I DID pay for my share, I'm just asking for something useful instead of making me feel like I'm paying for things that are way overpriced.

Also I'm complaining about the lack of weapon on a legit reason. I want to have to choose which weapon I'm going to use today instead of running into the trader, click*click*click* 3 seconds later, run back out, get ready. Wave ends, go back to trader repair armor, refill ammo. Rinse and Repeat. I LOVE this game, but it's getting old. I'm basically asking for a defibrillator.(I'm on the edge of buying another new copy of KF just so I got something else to do.) Look at all the best selling games on the net? What are the commons? Highly customizable, a huge list of weapons. It's not just what I want, it's what the majority wants.

And not like I say a thousand please will help. They are too busy focusing on RO2 anyways. I've always been looking forward to a new update with ACTUAL updating. And when I saw my steam was downloading KF, I was so happy. But when I checked what the update was about. It was just a massive let down.

@Deafmute How am I sounding like a brat when all I want is something practical than something IMO doesn't even look good?

I will stop complaining about the character DLCs, when they start to make me have trouble to choose which character I want to use to play today, instead of doesn't even need to bother switching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They are charging $2 legit dollar for 4 RE-SKINNED characters. It doesn't take much effort to do that. And how many people are buying those DLC packs? They are earning pretty damn well. (I hate money hunger people, best example - Valve.) - Example: They are charging nearly the same price as the game - Portal 2 for a APPEARANCE pack. Also asking people to pay to buy better gears in TF2, if that's not money hunger, I don't know what is.

And I DID pay for my share, I'm just asking for something useful instead of making me feel like I'm paying for things that are way overpriced.

Also I'm complaining about the lack of weapon on a legit reason. I want to have to choose which weapon I'm going to use today instead of running into the trader, click*click*click* 3 seconds later, run back out, get ready. Wave ends, go back to trader repair armor, refill ammo. Rinse and Repeat. I LOVE this game, but it's getting old. I'm basically asking for a defibrillator.(I'm on the edge of buying another new copy of KF just so I got something else to do.) Look at all the best selling games on the net? What are the commons? Highly customizable, a huge list of weapons. It's not just what I want, it's what the majority wants.

And not like I say a thousand please will help. They are too busy focusing on RO2 anyways. I've always been looking forward to a new update with ACTUAL updating. And when I saw my steam was downloading KF, I was so happy. But when I checked what the update was about. It was just a massive let down.

@Deafmute How am I sounding like a brat when all I want is something practical than something IMO doesn't even look good?

I will stop complaining about the character DLCs, when they start to make me have trouble to choose which character I want to use to play today, instead of doesn't even need to bother switching.

let me put it this way, you are entitled to NOTHING, AT ALL, you dont get those skins for free, and $1.99 dollars is a pretty good ****ing price for something that you don't need to buy, if you feel you aren't getting your money's worth, then don't buy them, but remember, the money from buying those is what allows them to keep working on KF and giving it more updates, it's the reason they haven't just dropped it, if you think that they are trying to rip you off for money like valve, maybe you should take a look at all the updates and **** you got for KF for FREE.

TL;DR grow up you pretentious twat.

Upvote 0
let me put it this way, you are entitled to NOTHING, AT ALL, you dont get those skins for free, and $1.99 dollars is a pretty good ****ing price for something that you don't need to buy, if you feel you aren't getting your money's worth, then don't buy them, but remember, the money from buying those is what allows them to keep working on KF and giving it more updates, it's the reason they haven't just dropped it, if you think that they are trying to rip you off for money like valve, maybe you should take a look at all the updates and **** you got for KF for FREE.

I think I love you.

Upvote 0
Helios, you do know that they have been adding weapons since release....and a massive number at that, all for free. The Vanity DLC is not all they've released, its just that the rest automatically becomes part of the game. And guess what? Most likely, these updates will continue. New weapons, maps, ect. All for free. Also, undoubtedly some DLC as well, but not ONLY DLC.

And it isn't the request that it pissing people off, its the tone :p. The good news is that your suggestion was taken into account long ago and will likely continue being taken into account. The Bad? Well, the bad news is that you've earned that many more little red boxes ;)

Upvote 0
There are quite a few "old guard" posters here who quickly stamp there feet and gnash there teeth when the discussion does not go there way.

Still, at least this forum is a trillion times better than the Steam one.

As for the character DLC packs not being 100% dream comes true, there is a good point raised there.

The last one had the guardsman (awesome), vicar (most excellent) but then kind of watered down with the two comedy characters chav and footie oik.

I see people playing them (not very often, but they do) but how much better would it have been to have a "cooler" skin instead.

And if Tripwire did release level 7 it would be balanced I am sure to Tripwire specs, not a custom made one in someones bedroom.

Gives everyone something to aim for, even if only for a 1% bonus to each existing perk. More importantly it keeps interest for people who like that kind of thing. So in other words...

Yes it does.

Upvote 0

Listen, this is what I would like to prefer. Instead of paying $2 for OTHER people to see how I look, instead of how MY HANDS look. I would rather pay $15 weapon extention pack. This is a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER game, the character pack does basically NOTHING to please me. To put it blank, I'm paying $2 for OTHER people to see the not so boring blue suit cops and normal gas mask army guys.

The basic message to Tripwire is, you want money to keep this game go on? Sure, I'm not penny pincher, release something WORTH the price. I wouldn't even be this mad about the character DLC if the hands of the character ACTUALLY have distinct difference.

Go to Gamebanana.com and ask ANY re-skinner, they can tell you those character DLC pack does not require much effort. And I payed for KF when it wasn't on sale and only on early stage, that's basically $20 for quite less bit of stuff. And again, I LOVE KF, I just want to see something USEFUL get released/update instead of repeatedly character DLC that doesn't do much good. Or at the very freaking list, add different voice dialog or something. Does all the DLC character come from the same mother or something? Even twins have a bit of distinct vocal cord. And I don't believe there are no one in the tripwire team member have voice acting talent.

Upvote 0
Helios, you do know that they have been adding weapons since release....and a massive number at that, all for free. The Vanity DLC is not all they've released, its just that the rest automatically becomes part of the game. And guess what? Most likely, these updates will continue. New weapons, maps, ect. All for free. Also, undoubtedly some DLC as well, but not ONLY DLC.

And it isn't the request that it pissing people off, its the tone :p. The good news is that your suggestion was taken into account long ago and will likely continue being taken into account. The Bad? Well, the bad news is that you've earned that many more little red boxes ;)

I earned the red boxes by not being active on this forum. But I've gotten back to play KF more, and I'm curious about what kind of update will "soon" be released. And to be honest, I rather they charge me for $10~20 a weapon expansion. Rather than people telling me "Oh, they got so many release, you're basically playing the game for free bla bla bla" My point is, if they want money, they want the power to keep this game pumped and alive, then give me something useful and worth the money. I love KF, and I've no problem paying them to make this game better. Just don't raise my hope on each update, and telling me it's just minor bug fixes and server updates. I'm not a server owner, and that sort of update got no use to me, ALSO server owners are NOT pleased with those updates as well.

And I know they added so much more weapons for free. But if they find it hard to give out nice yummy freebies, then start charging money. It's worth is more than useless character DLC that doesn't even do squat.

Upvote 0
Listen, this is what I would like to prefer. Instead of paying $2 for OTHER people to see how I look, instead of how MY HANDS look. I would rather pay $15 weapon extention pack. This is a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER game, the character pack does basically NOTHING to please me. To put it blank, I'm paying $2 for OTHER people to see the not so boring blue suit cops and normal gas mask army guys.

The basic message to Tripwire is, you want money to keep this game go on? Sure, I'm not penny pincher, release something WORTH the price. I wouldn't even be this mad about the character DLC if the hands of the character ACTUALLY have distinct difference.

Go to Gamebanana.com and ask ANY re-skinner, they can tell you those character DLC pack does not require much effort. And I payed for KF when it wasn't on sale and only on early stage, that's basically $20 for quite less bit of stuff. And again, I LOVE KF, I just want to see something USEFUL get released/update instead of repeatedly character DLC that doesn't do much good. Or at the very freaking list, add different voice dialog or something. Does all the DLC character come from the same mother or something? Even twins have a bit of distinct vocal cord. And I don't believe there are no one in the tripwire team member have voice acting talent.

as previously stated, you are a brat sir, and that is not good, you underestimate what you are being given, you don't like the packs, you don't see a reason to buy them, then take some pro advice, don't buy them, seriously, if you don't want them and don't think their worth it fine, your entitled to an opinion and that's why tripwire decided not to make anybody pay for something that affects gameplay, which is why all payed DLC is cosmetic only, so you don't feel like your actually missing out on anything major by not buying them, as to getting new guns... you do know about all the guns added FOR FREE in UPDATES, you know, that you DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR, that was because of all the people who did pay the incredibly low price for the skin packs, so you sir are acctaully benefiting for free in the exact way you want by the packs existing, would you rather get what you want for free or be made to pay for what you want? are you really so thick that you haven't noticed that all the best stuff for KF comes free? but maybe i'm squandering your opinion a little, hows this, i'll go talk to the guys at TWI and ask them that the next time they release an update that they give it to everyone but you so that they can charge you money like you want, hows that? all better, now that your getting "your monies worth" (lol, like you didn't already get more than your monies worth)

TL;DR: your complaining about not having to pay for the things you want

Reactions: jd641
Upvote 0
I've always just used the blue cop with the gas mask for my skin. Not sure why, I like all the others, that is just the one I prefer.

As for paying for weapons in TF2, you don't have to. The default weapons are perfectly capable of killing if you have the skills. I actually find some of them better than the newer ones for my specific playstyle anyways.

Upvote 0
as previously stated, you are a brat sir, and that is not good, you underestimate what you are being given, you don't like the packs, you don't see a reason to buy them, then take some pro advice, don't buy them, seriously, if you don't want them and don't think their worth it fine, your entitled to an opinion and that's why tripwire decided not to make anybody pay for something that affects gameplay, which is why all payed DLC is cosmetic only, so you don't feel like your actually missing out on anything major by not buying them, as to getting new guns... you do know about all the guns added FOR FREE in UPDATES, you know, that you DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR, that was because of all the people who did pay the incredibly low price for the skin packs, so you sir are acctaully benefiting for free in the exact way you want by the packs existing, would you rather get what you want for free or be made to pay for what you want? are you really so thick that you haven't noticed that all the best stuff for KF comes free? but maybe i'm squandering your opinion a little, hows this, i'll go talk to the guys at TWI and ask them that the next time they release an update that they give it to everyone but you so that they can charge you money like you want, hows that? all better, now that your getting "your monies worth" (lol, like you didn't already get more than your monies worth)

TL;DR: your complaining about not having to pay for the things you want

that guy did mention he doesnt mind paying for weapon packs. but seriously though, he does have a point. i bought all the character dlc and there are only like one or two character i like, kinda like paying full price for just 2 people.

Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0

So basically you're saying that Tripwire should start nickel-and-diming their customers and punishing those that can't afford to pay with an incomplete game experience? Quite a nice little racket you've got going there. I bet Activision or Ubisoft would LOVE to have you on their team (that is, when you're old enough to work for them).

On a somewhat related note I would like to revive the idea of weapon skin DLC. I would gladly pay $2-3 to turn the fugly m14 into a beautiful FAL L1A1 (purely aesthetic of course)

Reactions: jd641 and Benjamin
Upvote 0
Selectable weapon models would be cool, so instead of a katana you could select a saber or whatever but the stats are the same. Now ofc for firearms this is more difficult because they need unique animations and sounds but I would be willing to pay for that (I bought The Ball just to support TWI and haven't even played it ;) ).

Upvote 0
Not gonna lie, though, it isn't the lack of money or the lack of potential money from KF keeping the updates back.....as time goes on and TWI gets closer to releasing their game, the HoS factor goes up.

What is the HoS factor? The HoS factor is basically how much of the company is focused on working on their new game, Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad. Now, they've bumped the HoS release date quite a lot for KF's sake, but as they are closing in on release and really rushing to get it out by their planned date, the company is more and more putting projects on backburner until they are freed up some. We are entering, or have entered, the "Final lap rush" where they are putting their all into the last of it to polish existing features, finish the last details, tune existing features, and de-bug, all before the release date which has pretty much solidified, even though TWI hasn't told us the day yet.

It doesn't matter how much money you are offering for DLC, as its TIME TWI needs. And time is something you can't give them.

Upvote 0