• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What car do you drive?

Oh I'd still recommend it.

There was literally nothing I could have done about the accident - apart from not be on a bike!

Commuting can be dangerous purely because of other people, riding casually you don't get into situations really where people can do things like that to you.

And after it happened I didn't even realise how badly damaged my leg was, in fact I did a few "Peter Griffin after tripping over" into my helmet, thought "that'll swell up" and carried on for another 400m before feeling blood running down my sock.

It was more a more inconvenient than upsetting experience. I still love 2 wheels, I'm just a bit more cautious around traffic.

Upvote 0
Good roadcraft, perception on the road, and knowledge of the roads you will use will help immeasurably with riding a motorcycle - had I jumped straight on a bike without driving first I can think of 3-4 situations that could possibly have ended up with me being seriously injured or killed.

Edit - And I have been hurt

Maybe I'll just start off in a car first....

Upvote 0
My "new" car!

cyclnefrnt.png

cycloneside.png

cfr.jpg

1970 Mercury Cyclone GT. I just got it today. She's got a 351 Cleveland with a C6 Auto.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pvt.pile
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
User Name do your flowmaster 40s resonate around 1200 RPM? That C6 trans is bullet proof!

Every car I've owned with Flowmasters resonates at around 1800 to 2100 RPM. These are the same. The car also seems to resonate with them sometimes.

I'm driving it now! Here is a video I made of it. This was when I first got it going so I didn't hot rod it in the video. It's just a regular cruise.

YouTube - ‪1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 351C Cruise‬‏

Last edited:
Upvote 0