• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Between The States

2feathers

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2011
Between The States (lame name can't really think of anything) is going to be an American civil total conversion mod for RO:2. Me and a friend are working on it right now( just creating assets and messing around with the udk right now) but I just wanted to throw this out here to see If anyone else would be interested in helping. especially if you know how to program visual basic or want ever RO:2 is going to use.

Here's a few pictures of some stuff I've been working on. (my friend is a lazy mother#$%@ and hasn't done any work yet)
marmo_render.png

marmo_rem.png

update: redid the Springfield and added a bayonet. The Remington 1858 is almost done as well.
soldier_ingame.png

Update: here's what the union soldier looks like so far in the udk, I'm not to happy about the low texture resolution on the face, since I'm using a 2048x2048 for the whole model but I Really don't feel like unwraping it again.

my email is [email protected] contact me if you want to help

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great, good to see that someone has decided to pick up the American Civil War for a MOD. Hopefully you'll get some extra helpers.

I quite like the name you've gone with although my vote would be to call it "The Blue And The Gray"

Looking forward to seeing more :)

theres already quite a few mods in that name. rts mod has that name. :D

Upvote 0
I really hope this mod turns out :D. Its a great idea, and perfect for HoS! I can just imagine it; a time period where line firing was begginning to die down as the personal initiative and decent firing rates were beggining to emerge. Artillery was getting farther from the frontlines, and the rules were starting to shift from "stand in a line, get shot" and shifted into a far more playable scenario that I trust you guys can capture swimmingly in your mod!

I absolutely love how already these awesome mods are begginning to form, and they are different enough to really not divide the community.
From the ruins of Stalingrad to the trenches of World War I, from the Isles of the Pacific to the feilds of the American Civil War, from the jungles of Vietnam to the plains of Poland...

God, this is just looking awesome :D

Upvote 0