• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

50 people need to check their email for NDA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't make any sense that the Stage 2 "Larger Closed Beta" is not large enough to fill a single server, just saying.

They're doing it in stages like any sane developer does, it's not as if they're gonna go from one day 2 guys having beta keys, to the next day where 250,000 people can get keys.

I will assume more people will be added later on. As I doubt testing the servers will be the stages they are at. :)

Upvote 0
In the latest gameplay videos they said that they were almost done the friends and family beta and that was a awhile ago, so I think is this is Stage 2.

no. in the last crosshairs interview Yoshiro stated that they were about to begin their first stage of beta testing with the "friends and family" beta ;)

edit: actually, you all do realize that this might not even be for RO2 right? seeing the new forum for Dwarfs (TWI is publishing it), i wouldn't be surprised if this might be testing for that game and have nothing to do with RO2.......i hope this is not the case, but it's highly possible

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The tweet is pretty obvious on this as it's about NDA :D

On a side note, i would disagree. All you need is one bad apple so 50 or 500 doesn't make much differences imo.

Agreed. I would want 50 dedicated players who have the time and focus on feedback.
ROHOS is going to fill a void that has been developing for a lot of players who are worn out from spam.
A return to quality core gameplay.
Here is a cool listen [url]http://bashandslash.com/[/URL]

Upvote 0
Agreed. I would want 50 dedicated players who have the time and focus on feedback.
ROHOS is going to fill a void that has been developing for a lot of players who are worn out from spam.
Jock sums it all up very concisely in that cast! It's so true.

Hopefully he is fully aware of RO2 ... it sounds like the exact kind of game that he craves. Hell even RO1 delivers what he wants in a shooter.

Upvote 0
no. in the last crosshairs interview Yoshiro stated that they were about to begin their first stage of beta testing with the "friends and family" beta ;)

edit: actually, you all do realize that this might not even be for RO2 right? seeing the new forum for Dwarfs (TWI is publishing it), i wouldn't be surprised if this might be testing for that game and have nothing to do with RO2.......i hope this is not the case, but it's highly possible

I can't imagine why Yoshiro would Tweet it on the RO2 channel if it wasn't ROHOS related.

QTF. We need to remember the beta isn't just here to satisfy our curiosity. The beta testing is just that, testing. It's for the beta testers to put in WORK, repetitive, boring, weird, try to do weird things to break it, work. All so the end product is bug free (or as bug free as humanly possible).

Upvote 0

dwarfs!? is coming out in 2 days, beta was done ages ago.

Upvote 0

Cool listen but... the lack of mention of Red Orchestra is almost painful. Makes me want to jump in and tell him to check it out.

Upvote 0
edit: actually, you all do realize that this might not even be for RO2 right? seeing the new forum for Dwarfs (TWI is publishing it), i wouldn't be surprised if this might be testing for that game and have nothing to do with RO2.......

The tweet has a #RO2HOS hashtag on the end...pretty definite i think ;)

Reactions: OneDuck
Upvote 0
this is just the first step on the ladder

will be weeks or months depending on what testers find before open beta - remember if they find stuff thats gota be put right then re-tested and so on

by the time we get to open beta game will be more or less finnished and this will be the last test to trap bugs that have slipped through earlier test.

mind you we should be very near a release date as well :)

Upvote 0
Cool listen but... the lack of mention of Red Orchestra is almost painful. Makes me want to jump in and tell him to check it out.
Yep same here. Is Jock blind to the ways of RO? I think we've found our next targ ... erm I mean lost soul, who craves the Holy Book of :IS2:!

Upvote 0
this is just the first step on the ladder

will be weeks or months depending on what testers find before open beta - remember if they find stuff thats gota be put right then re-tested and so on

by the time we get to open beta game will be more or less finnished and this will be the last test to trap bugs that have slipped through earlier test.

mind you we should be very near a release date as well :)

well there will be no such thing as an open beta, just giveaways of some (yoshi sad 20.000) keys i think but NO OPEN BETA!!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.