• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In-game watch on wrist, press 'Key' to look...

Just to let everyone know, I am talking about in-game time, not real-time. For example on a night map, the time might be for instance 9pm, or a day-time map , the time might be 3:30pm.

I personally think they should remove the countdown timer on the scoreboard altogether, that way players will play as a team instead of sitting back and sniping for 25 mins only to really contribute in the last 5, or vice versa sitting back for the last 5 mins so that they can rack up some kills before ultimately losing.

Allowing the commander to see the correct time would allow him to co-ordinate attacks at pre-determined times, and know the end of the match, i.e it might say when you intiiate the map, 30 minute match. The commander will then remember this and check his watch. So if the time says 3:30pm, he know's that at 4:00pm the match ends. I feel the team will actually have to operate as a team and co-ordinate properly with the commander instead of lone-wolfing, constantly checking scoreboard for kill points and checking the scoreboard time to see how long left they have to kill people and not contribute to capping.

As soon as people realise they have 5 mins left [If they are defending] (by checking scoreboard), they do one of two things. A) They might sit back, defend the caps or B) They will ultimately think "Only 5 more mins left to rack up some killz" and thus proceed to rush the attacking enemy, costing vital tickets for his side when he should be concealing himself and defending. [If they are attacking] A) They either carrying on advancing in an orderly, objective orientated thrust or, B) They cut themselves of from the objective set by the Officer and proceed to lone-wolf and hunt down all enemys regardless of position for those last minute kills.

Sturm

Last edited:
Upvote 0