• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reload Bonus

DDC1234

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Middle of Nowhere
Why does every perk have faster reload beside the Demo\Sus
ShS = 60% faster reload with precision weapons
Co = 35% faster reload with all weapons
Bez = 25% faster melee attacks (still counts)
FB = 60% faster flamethrower reload

Yet the Demo/Sus haven't gained the ability to be proficient it he weapons after 6 levels. They should be expert by lv6 correct meaning they "know their weapons" and know how to reload it better and faster.

So at least (1-5) or (6-10) reload bonus should be applied to them to right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake74
because they honestly dont need a faster reload, if they did they would be greatly over powered.

Also they are supposed to be very efficient with their shots
Their weapons hit multiple targets
their weapons have limited ammo (very much so in case of Demo, not so much but still an issue for Support)

the m79's reload is perfect as is, by time next cluster is ready and smoke has cleared your ready to fire again. The m32 would be too strong with faster reload (try it was level 6 commando then imagine having damage bonus) it would basicly be a nonstop carpet bombing.

and for support with normal shotty if you watch your ammo count and dont go to zero you can reload and fire one shell at a decent enough rate to cover a path from most Specimens, Hunting needs some kind of weakness (ever get it to glitch and not need to reload its insane) and the auto shotty reloads pretty fast for what it can dish out.

and imagine the other perks without those reload bonus' FB would be screwed. Besker would get swarmed way to easy , and SS would have harder time dealing with trash.

Upvote 0
if you want to see what it would be like to have increased reloads as Demo/Support.

Get fake Player Mutator(more kills for more cash since unperked demo/support is $$$$)
play a solo game with fake player set to 6
play on begginer (this should simulate perk damage bonus on up to hard difficulty)
play as a commando at at least level 3-4(20%+reload)

then just get thru first wave (if your having trouble, do wave 1 as beserker you wont take damage from clots or bloat bile) and try out the various weapons as you can afford them.

Just remember this doesnt take into account Supports Pentration bonus, but should be close enough.

Upvote 0
silly rabbit Kills are for Beserkers

In all honesty: I never wanted to imply "FIELD MEDIC NEEDS MORE KILLS BUFF HIS WEAPONS"

If you shorten the time in which you used your clip of MP7M self-defense, you can also get back to healing much quicker.

And, "realistically" speaking, I think that a Field Medic would get used to his MP7M and how it reloads, and that they'd develop...what was the word for it...muscle memory for it?

Upvote 0
In all honesty: I never wanted to imply "FIELD MEDIC NEEDS MORE KILLS BUFF HIS WEAPONS"

If you shorten the time in which you used your clip of MP7M self-defense, you can also get back to healing much quicker.

And, "realistically" speaking, I think that a Field Medic would get used to his MP7M and how it reloads, and that they'd develop...what was the word for it...muscle memory for it?

oh i honestly agree that the Mp7 need something, either quicker reload, OR i think id rather have a slightly lower rate of fire just so i could use what ammo i have more sparingly and not waste half a clip in a short burst on a clot.

Upvote 0
oh i honestly agree that the Mp7 need something, either quicker reload, OR i think id rather have a slightly lower rate of fire just so i could use what ammo i have more sparingly and not waste half a clip in a short burst on a clot.

A very small tap on the trigger can be enough for a decap on a Clot (2-3 shots). Just try tap fire a lot with it and it'll become a lot more effective.

Instead of a quicker reload speed, how about a more pistol-like reload animation? This would require obviously a new anim but... imagine this one: User removes left hand while the mag drops out and then reaches down to grab new mag. Putting the new mag in, the user uses the left hand to finally charge the weapon before returning their hand back onto the foregrip.

I just think it's silly to remove the right hand to do all this in the current animation.

Upvote 0
The reload speed for the MP7 is already very little anyway, so it really doesn't need to be shorter. While a slower firing speed might be alright, it doesn't help the weapon much. I've always wanted better accuracy with it, even if it is balance with another debuff. As a medic I generally don't use it because the medic is behind the group so they can heal, and the whole point of the MP7 is ranged healing anyway, yet you have to be nearly on top of a mob to hit it.

Upvote 0
Relatively. The fastest reloading weapons (9mm, 'pup, and Xbow shot) take roughly 2 seconds. Lowering the MP7 to that would give it a 33% increase to full auto DPS. Not only that but it would actually take longer to unload the entire clip firing continually than it would take to reload it at lv6.

Making it reload faster doesn't fix the issue I mentioned either, and in fact it makes it more attractive as a DPS weapon, which is not the medic's role. Jack and Ivan's Medic Rifle is much better at fitting the medic's role, though it is quite overpowered for the Medic.

Upvote 0
The reload speed for the MP7 is already very little anyway, so it really doesn't need to be shorter. While a slower firing speed might be alright, it doesn't help the weapon much. I've always wanted better accuracy with it, even if it is balance with another debuff. As a medic I generally don't use it because the medic is behind the group so they can heal, and the whole point of the MP7 is ranged healing anyway, yet you have to be nearly on top of a mob to hit it.

I'd use it more if the reload was a bit faster, maybe 20%. As it is now, that reload can get teammates killed. The damage is fine once you start practicing with it a lot.

Upvote 0
Relatively. The fastest reloading weapons (9mm, 'pup, and Xbow shot) take roughly 2 seconds. Lowering the MP7 to that would give it a 33% increase to full auto DPS. Not only that but it would actually take longer to unload the entire clip firing continually than it would take to reload it at lv6.

Making it reload faster doesn't fix the issue I mentioned either, and in fact it makes it more attractive as a DPS weapon, which is not the medic's role. Jack and Ivan's Medic Rifle is much better at fitting the medic's role, though it is quite overpowered for the Medic.

Just decided to look at some of the numbers. Currently the weapon unperked can do 1000dmg TSDO (40 shots with 2 reloads (3.166sec), 10sec ending during 3rd reload). By reducing the reload to 2 seconds, TSDO goes to 1500 with 3 reloads, 4th barely starting.

So, the way around the increase of TSDO is by reducing the weapon's damage. To equal the 1000 of the current, the new one would need to only do 16 2/3dmg. But to make the weapon have a truncated value... lets go up to 17. Now the weapon does 1020dmg in a TSDO.

---

tl;dr Changing to 2 sec reload and 17dmg/shot keeps the damage very similar, albeit very slightly higher in 10 seconds.

Upvote 0
Definitely not. While increased DPS is an issue, reducing the damage per bullet encourages firing more which is awful with the MP7 since this would kill your accuracy. Increasing reload speed while decreasing firerate would increase effective DPS while retaining total possible DPS since the accuracy deviation would be less and more shots actually hit the target. Basically turn the MP5 into a medic bullpup, but TBH I'm rather alright with that. With 20% faster reload, that would spreading the 0.633 second from the reload into between 20 to 40 shots for the MP7. Choosing 40 to err on the upper side, that would be 0.015833 more seconds per shot modifying the firerate from .065 to .080833, which would lower burst DPS, increase accuracy, and retain sustained DPS.

I still think that a straight decrease in accuracy deviation would be enough of a buff though.

Upvote 0