• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can't Acess Perks Playing Alone

i can access them if i go from the main menu to Multi-Player, the thing is everyone i play with has a super-ego and won't let me get in any kills edge-wise and never give me any money leading to me having to face fleshpounds with the pistol, also not helpfull for perks. maybe it's because i'm not the world's best people person, but i digress.

i prefer going solo

but lately i can't acess my perks when i try to go solo which really ruins the game for me. i only re-installed this game 2 days ago and on the first day everything was fine.

then on the second day, and today, when i try to run Solo or on a listen server, as soon as the ready screen shows up i notice. i have no perks, i click on "change perk" and it says "unknown steam error prevented access to this" i'm not using any black listed mutators, i'm sure of it. also when i disconnect and return to the main menu and click on "Profile and Achievements" i get the same error message, pretty much garunteeing that it's not the Mutators issue.

it's really pissing me off, and if it continues i'll probably uninstall again.

i HAVE already deleted the Killingfloor.INI file (twice). i've tried a bunch of convoluted suggestions from the Steam Forum of playing Multiplayer, closing everything and relaunching. nothing has worked, and it's frustrating to say the least.

if anyone could offer me a little help, it would be much appreciated.

Disconnecting from the server and checking the profile and achievements isn't a good test because it retains the settings on the server, you have to restart the game to check this. If you can start the game and see your perks then there is something up with your server / solo setup. Make sure that you have no mutators at all listed, and that sandbox mode is off. You can try uploading your killingfloor.log file after it happens to see if there is anything indicated in it.

Upvote 0
Disconnecting from the server and checking the profile and achievements isn't a good test because it retains the settings on the server, you have to restart the game to check this. If you can start the game and see your perks then there is something up with your server / solo setup. Make sure that you have no mutators at all listed, and that sandbox mode is off. You can try uploading your killingfloor.log file after it happens to see if there is anything indicated in it.

i'll give it a try. thanks.

Upvote 0

odd, it works now.

solo

then i tried it with the Faked Players, still works.
is clot-buster blacklisted? because last i checked it wasn't....it shouldn't be....i hope it isn't.

i don't get it, i've gotten the "YOU ARE CHEATING YOU CAN'T LEVEL YOUR PERKS" before when i was in Sandbox mode, but i could still access my perks then.

maybe it was the KillingFloorMut that was making it act up. i dunno.

Upvote 0