• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Give the whole team's money to a single player for the biggest gun ASAP,is it OK?

Utopia-Phoenix

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Qingdao, Shandong, China
That's the topic.

(Official map HOE,6 men,all men got LV6 perks)
(You are NOT playing on a random server,all 6 men are extremely skilled,and obey to commands)

2 ways to buy guns

#1 Just use your own income to buy affordable weapons,such as Pumpy/Huntty for support.

#2 Collect all dosh to a single designated player for the biggest gun,every other man are equipped with basic weapons only.

$400 is expected to have remained in each one's pocket at the end of wave 1 HOE. Collect all dosh and an AA12 is equipped to your team BY THE END OF WAVE 1. How wound this work?

We did it with 4 players. (the more players the faster it goes ofc. )

We used beginner mode all start with medic.
we killed the mobs till like 10 left.
3 pll had had mobs onthem and started healing eachother
the 4 person was whole time running around searching weapons and trow then before the trader.
takes time but thats was save way to get it easy.

Upvote 0
#2 Collect all dosh to a single designated player for the biggest gun,every other man are equipped with basic weapons only.

$400 is expected to have remained in each one's pocket at the end of wave 1 HOE. Collect all dosh and an AA12 is equipped to your team BY THE END OF WAVE 1. How wound this work?

If you REEEAAALLLLYYY have absolute faith that one guy with a good gun is gonna save an entire team single-handedly, go for it. But from what I've seen, this is usually a bad idea.

Now "Skimming", where everyone tosses all their spare cash to one teammate after they've bought stuff so that teammate can get a top-tier weapon faster tends to work, but the AA12 for the Support and perhaps a SCAR for Commando are about the only ones this is even an issue for.

Upvote 0
If you REEEAAALLLLYYY have absolute faith that one guy with a good gun is gonna save an entire team single-handedly, go for it. But from what I've seen, this is usually a bad idea.

Now "Skimming", where everyone tosses all their spare cash to one teammate after they've bought stuff so that teammate can get a top-tier weapon faster tends to work, but the AA12 for the Support and perhaps a SCAR for Commando are about the only ones this is even an issue for.

Reminds me on this game.

YouTube - KillingFloor Killing 200 zeds in 3 minutes [Hell on Earth Biohazard]

But I still dont think we need to give dosh to one person. Because is you spawn with xbow, you can get big gun REALLY FAST, but again, you dont need it... as OP said all of his teamates are pretty good. Adverage player can survuive wave 1-4 without T3 weapons. And T2 weapon is EASY to get.[/URL]

Last edited:
Reactions: cvspartan101
Upvote 0
You don't need an aa12 that early.
In fact if one guy has an aa12 but the rest of the team has t1 guns with no full ammo, that probably means a weaker team cause full ammo is kind of a big deal.

A shotty and an actually armed team is enough for early rounds.

I rarely use an AA12 at all. I mainly play on HoE, and my support loadout is machete, HC, pump, and hunting. I find the pump to be the most versatile of the shotguns, and my playing is actually worse if I don't have it. This enables me to give tons of money to teammates for pipes or their T3 weapon.

Upvote 0
My friend and I wait til we have our ideal loadouts and then we give other people money. We always join public games and we do quite well togethr most of the time. He is my first priority if I have spare cash and I am his, we end up with top tier weapons relatively early in the game and we are able to then support the rest of our team with large fire power and extra money at the end of the round.

We both always start off as a level 6 SharpShooter to sell Crossbows as mentioned. At the end of wave 1 we generally have 1100 each, allowing me to get an AA12 as Support, etc. We don't tend to give out more than 50 before we have our select load outs. (Exceptions for "need 130 for armour, or have low ammo and need to get some money", at which point we will provide more)

I will buy weapons for him if I am the same perk and higher level, and he just gives me the money.

I recommend that each player gets tier 2 weapons to begin with, then you could give money to one player to allow them a tier 3 and the rest of the team remains tier 2, but i don't think that one person with a great load out and the rest of the team with bad is a good idea. Relying on one person is quite risky.

Upvote 0