• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Friends can't hear me speaking

MORGOTik

Apr 8, 2011
Hi,
my friends can't hear me speaking, thus the icon shows up when the PTT button is pressed.
I use razer megalodon headset and I don't have any troubles in steam voice chat, skype, etc.
This started after I got new NIC intalled. (Bigfoot Killer 2100)
If NIC is the cause I would have issues in another applications too.
Had someone encountered same problem? If so, how did you manage to fix that?
PS: Sorry for broken english, i'm from Ukraine :D

lol, sorry, I try not to assume that everyone knows the ins and outs of computers.

Ok then,

in the audio options of KF, there are some options to the right hand side (see attachment)

Ensure that 'Enable Voice Chat', 'Autojoin Public Channel' and 'Auto-select Active Channel' are enabled.

I know you are probably now thinking "WTF dude! You think I've not checked that already!!" But humor me while I try to narrow down what it could be. :D

2011-04-08_00001.jpg

Upvote 0
I find it odd that a NIC would interfere with KF's audio stream, considering if other VOIP clients work.

Hmm... start KF and get into a game, (best done with friends), alt tab out and check your mic settings in Windows, I remember there being one time that certain applications would change the levels, often muting them as a result. I think, although I can't say for sure, this happened to me in KF years ago.

Upvote 0
There's nothing wrong with mic levels.
But today we tried and I figured out there's something wrong with channels in game because my friend cant se my avatar when I'm speaking neither can I see his.
Feels like we are all in different chat channels and hotkeys to change active channel seem not to work :(

Upvote 0
The last thing I could say is worth checking is not using the NIC card and see if voice chat returns.

Then you'll know that it's your NIC. You can either then choose to look for a solution on their forums and knowledge base. Or not use voice chat in KF and use a third party VOIP program like Vent, Mumble or TeamSpeak.

Let me know what happens.

Upvote 0
There's nothing wrong with mic levels.
But today we tried and I figured out there's something wrong with channels in game because my friend cant se my avatar when I'm speaking neither can I see his.
Feels like we are all in different chat channels and hotkeys to change active channel seem not to work :(

How'd I miss that post. :confused:

Thats why I suggested checking those options in the audio page... and I've never touched the join channel bindings.

Deleting system folder changed nothing =(
But it's doesn't matter for me any more since I made my friends to insall teamspeak xD
Thanks for your help

I always use a third party chat anyway. While we didnt get to the bottom of it. You can still play thank the light. And you're welcome. Happy gaming! :D

Upvote 0
Either you or your friend were probably on the wrong in-game communication channel - I think if you both press the "End" key that should be the correct one. You would have to check if the binding are correct in the config, and if changing them still leaves you unable to activate them then delete the user.ini file in your killingfloor\system directory which deletes all custom keybinds.

Upvote 0
Either you or your friend were probably on the wrong in-game communication channel - I think if you both press the "End" key that should be the correct one. You would have to check if the binding are correct in the config, and if changing them still leaves you unable to activate them then delete the user.ini file in your killingfloor\system directory which deletes all custom keybinds.

This is why I suggested checking those options, as by defult you'd then join the active channel. I asume this is a relic from the UT engine?

Upvote 0
I had a very similar problem in RO yesterday that I could not change channels to an active channel, but I could PTT and I would see the meter moving.

I had disabled VOIP ingame, go to your game settings and find your VOIP tab, make sure it is enabled.

(Srry if thats been gone over, I skimmed the thread and it looked similar )

Upvote 0