• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [DownLoad] Falidell's TriggerPack

thanks to Yoyo's awesomness brain thing. i've made some huge progress on the FA_shooter i managed to create projectile Spread just like an actual gun =D

now i just need to tweak the way it uses the AccuracySpread number so that way 0.25= 25degree spread

apart from that

sound works on it 100%
and everything else on it works 100%

so now it's 90% complete then all i'll have to do it some how test to see if that FA_forceRespawner removes the filmgrain for all clients as well as host when it respawns players

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ah i want to add new triggers already lol but ill just leave the pack as is..unless something needs to be fixed. it needs to be whitelisted/grey-listed.

i just realized i spent a long *** time makeing this lol nearly 3 months. tho if i had to remake it from scratch it would only take me a a few days-week lol i learned a considerable amount about programming from making this. more then any tutorial can ever teach. and i learned just how much i suck at math and equations lol!! and that i still have a long long long long way to go to be on par with the skill beeees, marco, yoyobatty, and benjamin have but you just watch guys ill catch up!! eventually... :p

Upvote 0
just some intell update on getting this thingy white/grey listed

i was a little worried that it would be void to white/grey listing due to the nature of FA_ForceRespawner trigger.. but Yoshiro has calmed my worries.

with this line:

Falidell, if used incorrectly in a map, the map itself wouldn't be whitelisted.

Code:
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="5"]translation for literal thinkers[/SIZE][/COLOR]
 [COLOR="Red"]Note this is not what Yoshiro actually said it's what goes through 
my mind when i read the actuall Quote[/COLOR]

Falidell, these are just triggers and are harmless unless used in a map,
 so it'll be a map specific problem and not yours.

is other words im confident that this will be whitelisted soon =) yay imma sleep now lol

Upvote 0
ok no news on whitelisting/greylisting as of yet however i have taken note today that even tho the trigger itself does work on multiplayer the option StartONHumanSpawn=true is Unreliable on Multiplayer sometimes it works some times it doesn't... very strange so use at ur own risk for MP levels until i figure it out..... but sense it's not all that popular of a trigger much less a option im not going to take it off the white/grey list suggestion threads to figure it out..

but to clearify
- the trigger works on multiplayer as expected unless you have StartOnHumanSpawn=true then it becomes unreliable
-The trigger Option StartOnHumanSpawn=true Works Perfectly fine however on singleplayer/solo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi there,

what's about a Dispatcher like the one which exists in the Unreal 1 Engine

It works like that...

You can set many events in to the dispatcher and time them with your custom time.

To activate the Dispatcher you need a Trigger or Mover

It is also possible to build complex Triggered loops.

Can you rebuild such a Dispatcher for Killing Floor? would be nice!

Attachments

• Dispatcher.gif
    Dispatcher.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
hmmmmm didn't even think about adding delays on the relay trigger... but it's too late now, i've already sent it in to both grey/white listing and they've already started looking at it... so if i decide to make a version 2 ill add it on that version... but that all depends on

1. IF this gets white/grey listed

2. If after if gets white/greylisted people start using useing it. and if i feel it's worth the effort to add more stuff ill make a version 2. i can honestly be convinced if 3-5 people use it lol it doesn't require much to get me convinced it's worth it lol

plus i really want to add more filter type triggers. ex. a volume trigger that when triggered it checks if a certain class(s) is within/touching the volume next it'll check the count and compair it to the LD's settings wither that be greater then or equal to NumCritters or Less then or equal to NumCritters

that volume trigger would be usefull to make a sort of multiple base defence map

i have 3 bases players start at base A and inorder to win they need to "Capture" all bases to capture a base they need to keep all specimens away during the wave. now as waves progress they get harder so now they'll have to defend 2 bases A and B. if they fail to keep out the specimens as in a max of 5 specimens at end of wave OR the players are not in that base the Base becomes Reclaimed by the zeds...

so yea this can be done with:

FA_Spawner (duh)
FA_Check_PlDif(for picking the right wave set depending on player count)
FA_MultiConditional(checking Win Conditions)
FA_Switch(simple trigger memory says Base is Captured send the signal to the MultiConditional)
FA_CompairConditions(the IF else statement for checking Capture Status
FA_UnamedVolumeTrigger(Checking what is where)

a few others but those would be the main players

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im not sure if Im doing something wrong but it seems like the Spawner trigger is spawning double the amount of specimens for me? Im not sure if it does that with all values but seems to when you want to spawn only 1 specimen.

So, I have 3 spawners in my map, one spawns clots and the two others stalkers. MaxActive is set to 1 for all of them, so in theory there should be 1 clot and 2 stalkers in the game. However I get 2 clots and 4 stalkers??

Oh and btw, anyone up to for making a door or mover that costs money to open? (yes like in CoD zombie mode)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ight i think imma start fixing these problems, go ahead and let me know all the problems, inconveniences, stuff like that and ill make a FA_triggerpack_v2

however the think about the v2 is that it'll require you to use either the original pack or the new one... or both(tho that might make think confusing because you'll have duplicate triggers in the actor list)

Upvote 0
ight i think imma start fixing these problems, go ahead and let me know all the problems, inconveniences, stuff like that and ill make a FA_triggerpack_v2

however the think about the v2 is that it'll require you to use either the original pack or the new one... or both(tho that might make think confusing because you'll have duplicate triggers in the actor list)

Yeah would probably have to replace the old ones with the new ones, but luckilly I didnt start making the spawners yet.

... But I do have quite a few doormoverplus actors T_T

Upvote 0
ill make a FA_triggerpack_v2
Great! Some feedback.

FA_AutoTrigger

Triggers on KFHumanPawn actors and subclasses as well. Maybe make sure it only monitors actual players?

FA_CompairConditions
Why not a BNOTA?

FA_ForceRespawn
How about a TeleportSloths option for players that are not within the CollisionRadius/Height of the FA_ForceRespawn actor, to make those players catch up?

FA_Shooter
Some variables has no effect on some Projectiles, like ProjectileDamage and ProjectileSpeed.

FA_Spawner
I could be wrong about this, but isn't there a delay on the first specimen it spawns? Seems like the Min/MaxSpawnTime should come into effect after the first initial spawn. Maybe a InstantFirstSpawn bool?
TriggerOffKIllsAll also triggers when the spawner clip is empty.

FA_StoryLines
Like I mentioned before. The EventToFireOnLine doesn't work correctly.

And
Requesting a TriggerViewshake that works online.

:)

Upvote 0