• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Planes aren't as robust against small arms fire as tanks, but a few bullets in the wings won't take it down. The only really damaging thing is shooting the engine or the pilot. Both of which are somewhat protected by thin metal. Also if you haven't seen a warbird's engine block... whoo boy are they thick. But I suppose a well placed burst into the front of the plane as he's flying overhead might work. Do note though that planes are normally flying at about 80mph or so minimum. Due to the fact they have to fly fast enough so their wings generate lift.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually, now i get to wondering what the Russian recon plane would be. The Storch is the obvious one for the Gerries, but it's not as uniformed for the Ivan's, who used several planes for this task.

PO-2 maybe? R-5? R-10? SU-2? Other?

isn't it obvious? IS-2, greatest recon plane of WW2 :IS2:
no worries about small arms fire (or anything) taking it down, either!

saves TWI a lot of coding as well.

Upvote 0
i guess dogfights in world war 2 (if there were any above stalingrad) took place at much higher altitudes than in world war 1, when they seemed to be an entertainment for ground troops, judging from "all quiet on the western front". i doubt that it would be worth the trouble to add these. i'dd rather add some random artillery strikes to keep the player's attention.

Upvote 0